Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 10th February 2024 :KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Another Homer Ref.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Really basic stuff in defence, like 'don't play the ball across the face of your own goal' seems to be completely beyond out lot
  • Options
    Ladapo is a bust. 
  • Options
    Rather see Kanu on instead of Ladapo. Looked very poor so far
  • Options
    Ladapo so slow 
  • Options
    Ladapo, control the football mate.
  • Options
    Why the f**k were we so slow to support Ladapo?
  • Options
    For example, we just had the ball at the edge of the area, played it back to the CB (which is fine there were a lot of defenders back) and he lumps it out for a goal kick
  • Options
    Really not warming to Ladapo. Rather Kanu up there 
  • Options
    Thank god for Isted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible, T Watson gives the ball straight to smith and Isted saves us.
  • Options
    Watson does a charlton special. Isted to tje res ue again.
  • Options
    Another neat save from Isted, to be fair the shot was tight and at his near post, so would be disappointing had he conceded from there.
  • Options
    Ladapo bloke is an absolute Donkey 🫏 
  • Options
    Ladapos feet are the size of some Naval fleet!
  • Options

Sam Smith denied from a tight angle by Isted. Didn't see how the chance came as I looked down with us seemingly in a comfortable position on the ball. I've missed a lot of goals we've conceded for that reason this season.
  • Options
    Ladapo is a bust. 
    I fail to see what he brings to the party, he looks slow and lazy. Kanu on at half time please
  • Options
    Wycombe 1-0
  • Options
    Our out balls so rarely find a red shirt. 
  • Options
    We kick it up front to two players stood 20 yards apart from each other. The ball then just comes straight back at us, it's brainless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    After a pretty bright start we have regressed to a team that is shaky defensively and not clear what we're supposed to be doing in possession.

I don't think the board realized the risk in making so many changes in January. This is a starting XI that has never started together and I don't think has played together. And it shows. There's not a great understanding of what to do in possession or defensively.

We have to start playing through Coventry and Watson. This is a team that when it had midfield of Dobbo, Fraser, and CC/LW was strong in possession. And keeping the ball is now a huge weak spot which makes us less likely to score goals and puts our defense under more pressure. 
    It’s because the board are shit and don’t have a clue.
  • Options
    Thought that was in fs 
  • Options
    So close, looked all in from Fred, but no, just a corner
  • Options

Oh my, Ladapo shot deflects just wide and hits the advertising board behind the goal. Looks in, only a corner.
  • Options
    Yeah, thought it was in as well.....

Good one two and shot leads to a corner 
  • Options
    Just jumped up screaming, feel like an idiot haha
  • Options
    Oooof thought it was in too. I yelled "never doubted you" 
  • Options
    Good effort Ladapo... Unlucky... Good block
  • Options
    Also this team looks SO much better pressing and defending on the front foot. Edun is really good at that part of defending, less so some of the other bits
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!