Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 10th February 2024 :KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Outside of the first 10 minutes and the odd chance, this is pretty much more of the same. 

But no goals conceded so far. 
  • Options
    Wonder if we are still a 2nd half team?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Burton winning 0-1
    Course they are, that must be near enough every team around us winning🙄
    Not quite Reading are drawing at halftime.😂
  • Options
    Well my grapes were the highlight of that half. Going down nicely.
    At least they're not sour...... yet.
  • Options
    Ffffs look at that no  Cnut down the bottom losing 
  • Options
    If we cant win... lets at least keep a clean sheet
  • Options
    Half time 2 relegation haunted teams. Pretty poor all round. 
  • Options
    Our two wing backs are extremely vulnerable and Reading are getting the ball to Azeez at every opportunity, as he has Eden on toast. Decent turns so far from Isted and Jones.

Ladapo still looking slow and wooden.

Reading the better side and we need to up our game to get something out of this
  • Options
    That was so sloppy, constant bad touches and passes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's the break. Reading have been the better side for me and unlucky not to have had a penalty. Couple of moments for Charlton but not threatened a great deal.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    The sloppiness is very much still there, stupid errors and unable to control the ball or play a simple pass creating trouble for ourselves. Reading controlled most of the game and look like they have more quality around the box. Hoped Jones would magically improve is but it's all still there. Worried about us this season. 
  • Options
    Well, where to start. Think T.Watson been awful, neither of our so called wing backs are getting wide enough when we have the ball, Isted has kept us in it. Jones doing well, Gillesphey and Thomas struggling. Ladapo is very poor, takes too long to get a shot off, not sure he brings much, neither does Bakinson. If we stay up this season we need wholesale changes to get near the top six next season. And that's if we stay up.
  • Options
    Bright start to the game but then back to the bad old ways and only some desperate defending and good saves from Isted kept us level..

Funny old formation we are playing . Looks like a 3322 with Bakinson and Watson behind the front two.

And don't look at the other results.  The table looks horrendous atm.

• Options
    Pitch looks hard. Ball bouncing all over the place.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    I’m surprised with Gillesphey, I was expecting him to be more composed and experienced. He looks a bit like a headless chicken at times.
    I'm not, we don't tend to sign good players. 
  • Options
    This back line is only going to get more and more nervy as this game goes on. Can't trust any of them unfortunately.

No idea which Ladapo we've signed but it can't be the one who did so well at this level before. Coventry looks the best of all the new boys but still don't think he's an upgrade on Dobson 
  • Options
    Awful absolutely awful
  • Options
    We sold our main attacking threat and our only experienced 10 left, neither were replaced. Now there is no sign of creativity from any angle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s good. I assume you applied some Preparation H?
    😉
  • Options
    Us or the grapes?
  • Options
    Barely noticed Coventry. Needs to get a hold of this game. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I'm pretty sure Gillesphey played in the middle of the back three at Plymouth and you can see why: he does not look comfortable defending in wider positions. But if we're going to play Edun at LWB he's going to leave space in behind him. Would rather see TT left, maybe MG central although he makes me nervous, and REG right. 
    Was thinking that but Jones has been by far the best of the three.
  • Options
    Lloyd Jones has looked like the player we saw earlier on in the season. Hopefully continues. 
  • Options
    Looks poor all round. Donkey Ladapo upfront his touch is awful. No idea really 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Come on Charlton 

Suck Their Eyes Out 

When we were at Wembley 98 and losing a bloke near me shouted "Come on Newton ...suck his eyes out!" and we scored not long after.

Ever since, I mutter that phrase in tense moments as a weird superstition.

Not a common phrase (or is it?) so wonder if you heard it at Wembley too or at the Valley @MrOneLung
  • Options
    Lapado, Louie Watson and Tennai Watson are sadly lacking. We have Isted and the back three to thank for being solid at the moment. As for any forward momentum, one shot in 45 should sum it up. 70 % of the game is in Readings favour. 
  • Options
    Oh I miss the days when we had players like cbt atleast making us look threatening 
  • Options
    Isted kept us in that 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!