Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 10th February 2024 :KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Oh dear , another new manager, same terrible football
  • Options
    That’s that. League 2. C**ts
  • Options
    Wycombe 3-2
  • Options
    We are gonna smash League Two. Looking forward to winning some games again. 
  • Options
    Having to hope for a port vale loss to celebrate something. 

Embarrassing really. 
  • Options
    Fuck me, a shot on target. At least there’s no decision to be made when to turn over to the rugby. 
  • Options
    The downfall of Charlton has been caused by people who put their ego before the club.

What we’ve witnessed so far this season is that we’ve replaced some of those people with more of the same.
  • Options
    The league table doesn't lie. We're in the deep stuff now
  • Options
    1. 78'

Substitution

Substitution, Reading. Paul Mukairu replaces Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan.

• Options
    Tupac and Camara on for Coventry and L Watson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Camara and TC on for Conor and Louis...
  • Options
    Another season spent begging injured players to come back and save our season. 

We never learn. 
  • Options

Button makes a comfortable stop from Kanu. Camara and TC on for L. Watson and Coventry.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    Campbell and cámara on
    Coventry and L Watson off
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Come on Charlton 

Suck Their Eyes Out 

When we were at Wembley 98 and losing a bloke near me shouted "Come on Newton ...suck his eyes out!" and we scored not long after.

Ever since, I mutter that phrase in tense moments as a weird superstition.

Not a common phrase (or is it?) so wonder if you heard it at Wembley too or at the Valley @MrOneLung
      @RodneyCharltonTrotta. It was a saying from
    my Darts team in the 90’s but I used to say it before every kickoff back in the day. So if you were in south stand early prem days or block M north upper later on you may have heard me shout it out !!  
  • Options
    Andy Scott has to be hounded out! 
    Absolutely dire appointment and even worse approach to transfers.

a culture of losing, and turned into a culture of incompetence 
  • Options
    N/ton 1-1
  • Options
    I know 5 days isn’t long to turn things round. But, fuck me I think we could be worse than last week.
    WE TRULY ARE FUCKING AWFUL FROM FRONT TO BACK…
  • Options
    edited February 10
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Coventry is better than Dobson apparently though :smile:
    Another completely bang average footballer nowhere near the level required for this fight. The recruitment has been a shambles 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SOTF said:
    The downfall of Charlton has been caused by people who put their ego before the club.

What we’ve witnessed so far this season is that we’ve replaced some of those people with more of the same.
    A succession of chancers, all equally clueless other than in their own self belief, all putting people in senior off-field management positions they are utterly unsuited to fill.  The outcome is this.
  • Options
    So Coventry is the replacement for Dobbo, that went well
  • Options
    Scott to be subbed on and bag a hat trick 
  • Options
    3-2 comeback here we go, heard it here first 
    We might need 3 games to do it 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Coventry is better than Dobson apparently though :smile:
    Another completely bang average footballer nowhere near the level required for this fight. The recruitment has been a shambles 
    Bakinson, Coventry, Florini, Ladapo, REG, Gillesphey - All absolutely shit
  • Options
    Another manager who needs to find out first hand the Tyreece Campbell isn’t up to it
  • Options
    edited February 10
    ‘We aren’t going down’ was being spouted a couple of weeks ago.

hmmmm.
    Football is played on paper after all. 

And our players look great on paper. 

Seems to be grass is the issue. 
  • Options
    The I only good thing that could come out of today would be Scott getting fired.
  • Options
    edited February 10
    And our hope off the bench is two youth players and someone in their first game back from two long injuries. Who built this squad?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!