Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City: Tuesday 13th February 2024 | KO 19:45

Comments

• Options
    edited February 13
    There's definitely signs that Jones has an idea for what he wants to do and is (as he has said himself) learning things about the players and the squad. Certainly feel much more confident that if anyone could polish the turd that is this squad, it's him.

But "if" is doing a lot of lifting there. We've made some small improvements overall but we NEED to be making much bigger ones much quicker.
  • Options
    Whole midfield was poor I thought. Anderson gets a pass as he's young and tried hard but his passong was sloppy.

Games like that really highlight how limited Dobson is imo. 

Less said about Bakinson the better. He's getting worse each game.
  • Options
    Well I don’t think Jones needs to worry about  Dobson giving anything short of maximum effort after that. Shame about his header for their goal. 
  • Options
    A very hard fought point. Can't fault their running tonight. A mention for NJ post match. He comes across as so energetic and enthused, it must be infectious for the players. If he can bring that to training and match days, we could be into better things. 
  • Options
    Lincoln: quintessential League One side. 👍
  • Options
    Loving Freddie's interview. A calm bloke who seems to be confident.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Seen some low ratings/slaggings of Anderson. I thought he was good. He gave us presence and fight. We'll need that
    Agreed he's still a bit raw but really put himself about and tried to get it forward - Bakinson on the other hand was poor.
    Yeah, by no means is Anderson the finished article, but I think this is the first time in a while where I feel like he's starting to "get" the men's game. Put himself about, and he's clever and tidy at times. Still makes positional mistakes, not as quick on the ball as he'll need to be, but he starts on Saturday for me, and he might be a good "linking" midfielder who can go box to box and provide that bit of quality. 

I still think he's going to be a real good one.

And yeah, Bakinson. Said it on the match thread but I wish he was just a bit better with his touch, his final ball, and his finishing. Just lacks that bit of quality, and that's why he's down here instead of up there with Sheff Wed. If we weren't playing him as the furthest forward midfielder you probably wouldn't notice his shortcomings as much, and that is a black mark on our recruitment process and not bringing in enough creativity in midfielder. But the sooner we can get Camara into that midfield from the start, the better. Ran things when he came on, and he's just so strong carrying the ball. We desperately need him. 
  • Options
    Not enough.  Jones will be rebuilding from division 4 next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 13
    The only thing I thought we might have done better was swap Anderson instead of May and play him in the 10 role. Yes, May is struggling. He is the sort of player who tries to do too much in these situations, but playing that role might help him.
  • Options
    A very hard fought point. Can't fault their running tonight. A mention for NJ post match. He comes across as so energetic and enthused, it must be infectious for the players. If he can bring that to training and match days, we could be into better things. 
    Like a jack in the box on the touchline, pushing the team along

• Options
    Deserved to win tonight great fight and spirit from the boys said all along if Aneke and Camara had not got injured we would not be where we are now ….. another two points lost due  to a poor mistake from Dobson .. .. lots of positives we just need that bit of luck , the bounce of the ball , a deflection just to break this run but a lot tonight to take from the game  
  • Options
    The second half gives me a flicker of hope, but we're still not creating enough. Something to build on.
  • Options
    1-1, did enjoy the second half even tho I spent most of it on edge. I’ll be at the next game. COYR 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    Whole midfield was poor I thought. Anderson gets a pass as he's young and tried hard but his passong was sloppy.

Games like that really highlight how limited Dobson is imo. 

Less said about Bakinson the better. He's getting worse each game.
    He’s been Charltonised very quickly hasn’t he?

After his debut I was really excited he would be the leader this team needs to take it by the scruff of the neck, instead he’s just sinking to their level.
    All these players will look shit until there is attacking players alongside them who like to play on the front foot to help. We have 9 players who prefer to go backwards or sidewards then try and create. It’s not there fault all the shitty managers and owners who can’t fucking see it   
  • Options
    There is a possibility of course that we will get relegated, goes without saying considering our league position. Fucking pointless stating the obvious tho. Have some belief and look upwards 
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Deservedly losing until Chuks came on. Really feels like bringing on Chuks almost guarantees us a goal....next time we just need to be winning or drawing at that point! First half was poor, with only Anderson and Ramsay emerging with credit for me. I can't believe somebody has given Ramsay a 4 rating?! I thought it was really encouraging seeing a positive wing back for a change.

I feel Anderson is one of those players that does a lot of unseen work. He really got around the pitch today, much more effective than Bakinson and imho better than Dobson on the day. 

Subs were spot on. Much as I love May, it just wasn't happening for him. Camara looked rusty and was still in our top 3 performers when he came on.  So all we need to do is keep Aneke and Camara fit - what could possibly go wrong...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watson had an OK game but there were a couple of defensive moments in the second half which could have led to goals if we were playing a different side. He needs to be stronger and more decisive in those situations.
  • Options
    Deserved to win tonight great fight and spirit from the boys said all along if Aneke and Camara had not got injured we would not be where we are now ….. another two points lost due  to a poor mistake from Dobson .. .. lots of positives we just need that bit of luck , the bounce of the ball , a deflection just to break this run but a lot tonight to take from the game  
    I know don’t feed the troll etc but it was not two points lost by Dobson. 

Seriously why do you bother mate? Is it enjoyment in winding up fans of the team you supposedly support? I’d love to have a beer with you one day at the valley and work out why you do it. If you even go to games 
  • Options
    A point that could make all the difference come May
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Ladapo and Aneke off the bench, has a good ring to it