Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Valiant 1000 - Who is this man?

Comments

• The man has a book to promote. 
    The answer will be revealed one letter per day over the next week.  :)
  • edited February 19
    Phil Warmen?
  • How long is this quiz lasting? I want to know our mystery man's identity. 
    When the voting for the mural ends
  • Phil Warmen?
    Warman.😏
  • I am pleased to confirm that volume 2 of 'The Valiant 1000' is nearing completion. Like the first book, it will contain 333 alphabetical biographies of players who have appeared for Charlton since the club entered the Football League in 1921. There is a tremendous amount of detail about each player, and it traces their entire careers and not just their time in SE7. The book will be ready by the end of the season, but I have decided to hold it back to include all the stats from 2023-24. It should be on sale for the start of next season.
    In the meantime, here is a recent picture of one of our old players enjoying a quiet drink. I will be impressed if anyone can name him.

Looks just like me as a matter of fact.
    I’m not kidding either.🙂
  • Mike Kenning?
  • Stuart Balmer
  • Martin Robinson
  • Is this going to be one of those threads that goes to 1000 pages and someone has to do significant events from history?
  • Sponsored links:

• Gordon Watson is the best shout so far - I think it is him!!
  • My Andy Peake has been given a like.  I'm optimistic of being right.
  • I am pleased to confirm that volume 2 of 'The Valiant 1000' is nearing completion. Like the first book, it will contain 333 alphabetical biographies of players who have appeared for Charlton since the club entered the Football League in 1921. There is a tremendous amount of detail about each player, and it traces their entire careers and not just their time in SE7. The book will be ready by the end of the season, but I have decided to hold it back to include all the stats from 2023-24. It should be on sale for the start of next season.
    In the meantime, here is a recent picture of one of our old players enjoying a quiet drink. I will be impressed if anyone can name him.

Looks just like me as a matter of fact.
    I’m not kidding either.🙂
    He has your taste in drinks.
  • My Andy Peake has been given a like.  I'm optimistic of being right.
    My Ruben Agboola has 4 "lols".

They wont be laughing at me when the answer proves me right.
  • Can we have a clue?  The decade he played in, around how many games, who else did he play for?
    Whoever gets this one deserves a promote.
    A promote!

Peter  Reeves
  • Can we have a clue?  The decade he played in, around how many games, who else did he play for?
    Whoever gets this one deserves a promote.
    A promote!

Peter  Reeves
    Don’t think it’s reeves? I’m torn between him and  CBT
  • edited February 19
    The first volume of the series was surnames A - H. I assume this picture is linked to volume 2 given its imminent publication.

If so, then it definitely rules out Ruben Agboola, who was in Volume 1, and probably rules out Gordon Watson who is likely to be in Volume 3...
  • Looking good for 75 if it is him

• imagine if killerjerrylee just never returns to charlton life

biggest crime against charlton athletic fans since... oh, hang on, we've been tortured, robbed, raped and pillaged non stop for the last decade...
  • Steve Thompson is my guess. 

Scored his first goal for Charlton against Sheffield Utd at Selhurst.
  • Sponsored links:

Wrong nose and chin I think...

• looks like Steve Gritt to me
  • Watson...

• dickad1 said:
    Gordon Watson is the best shout so far - I think it is him!!
    No way, Watson is a unit now.
  • Off_it said:
    My Andy Peake has been given a like.  I'm optimistic of being right.
    My Ruben Agboola has 4 "lols".

They wont be laughing at me when the answer proves me right.
    They were giving a lol to your spelling.
  • The first volume of the series was surnames A - H. I assume this picture is linked to volume 2 given its imminent publication.

If so, then it definitely rules out Ruben Agboola, who was in Volume 1, and probably rules out Gordon Watson who is likely to be in Volume 3...
    Andy Peake it is then.
  • edited February 19
    Looking good for 75 if it is him

I'm having a rethink.  I'm going for Phil Tufnell.

Wrong nose and chin I think...

You've discounted the fact that the photo was taken outside a Turkish cosmetic surgery.  (At least that would explain the straw!)
  • Kevin Nicholls
  • looks like Steve Gritt to me
    Steve Gritt he’s got no hair,  can’t be him.