Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valiant 1000 - Who is this man?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 20
    I believe he was also a top class ice hockey player……sadly he wasn’t a top class footballer. 🫤
    Thinking about it, I think he actually played ice hockey for Denmark?
  • Options
    Sorry but once again another Danish. Center forward who found it hard to play in English football.  At least he did score against Wrexham in the FA Cup. We lost 6-1 away.
    Lost 3-2 I think , I was there. I think it was a week after we had lost 6-0 in the cup.
  • Options
    Correct @ charltonnick funny it was stuck in my mind that it was that FA Cup game.
    Never went to those games
  • Options
    Johnny Ostergaard
    You have got it. Johnny Ostergaard is the correct answer. He played for Charlton between 1979 and 1981. He and Viggo Jacobsen were signed from Denmark shortly after the EEC made it illegal to ban Europeans from British football.  Johnny is now semi-retired, and his full story will appear in volume 2 of 'The Valiant 1000', due out in July or August.
    So it’s 1979, not 1975 - and he departed early 80’s 

What a crap ‘guess who it is’ - get the facts right before you try this on, on CL - plenty on here who would have got this (incl me) but for the rubbish ‘info’ to guess with 
  • Options
    The most wildly inaccurate guesses so far have to be Steve Thomson and Peter Shaw.
    Top that with Carl 'the truth' leaburn
  • Options
    Wembley hat-trick hero. 
    Did Geoff Hurst play for us ?

Wembley hat-trick hero. 
    Can’t be Hurst he only scored two goals.
    Your history book must be missing a page 
  • Options
    this whole thread has properly pissed me off. fucking Ostergaard. ffs. 
  • Options
    Johnny Ostergaard
    You have got it. Johnny Ostergaard is the correct answer. He played for Charlton between 1979 and 1981. He and Viggo Jacobsen were signed from Denmark shortly after the EEC made it illegal to ban Europeans from British football.  Johnny is now semi-retired, and his full story will appear in volume 2 of 'The Valiant 1000', due out in July or August.

What a crap ‘guess who it is’ - get the facts right before you try this on, on CL - plenty on here who would have got this (incl me) but for the rubbish ‘info’ to guess with 
    The facts were completely right. I said that he played between 1975 and 1985, which he did.
  • Options
    For a bonus point, who's this?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roger Johnson?
  • Options
    Red Midland?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Seen him before, he sits in the Barry Kitchener stand 
  • Options
    Steptoe
  • Options
    Ian Rush?
  • Options
    Johnny Ostergaard

The facts were completely right. I said that he played between 1975 and 1985, which he did.
    Utter rubbish - key word ‘played’ 
  • Options
    Johnny Ostergaard

I make you right tbh, it was either badly worded or misleading.
  • Options
    Nicky Johns?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Was that you off-it when you were asked the question:
    What did José Mourinho call himself.
    The special ?
  • Options
    Johnny Ostergaard

It's pretty clear that no one played for Charlton for 10 consecutive years from 1975-1985.
    https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_top_player/eng-premier-league/charlton-athletic/1/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Johnny Ostergaard

It's pretty clear that no one played for Charlton for 10 consecutive years from 1975-1985.
    https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_top_player/eng-premier-league/charlton-athletic/1/
    Les Berry did
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Gotta be @LordFlashHeart
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Johnny Ostergaard

Les Berry did
    Good spot, it looks like those stats are for the top division only.
    You should start keeping Charlton stats  :D
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Gotta be @LordFlashHeart

That would explain while he posted so many 🤮 emojis when Michael Appleton was appointed and TBF to the Lord; he was probably correct.

Pleased he's on the mend with Nathan Jones in the hot seat.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Gotta be @LordFlashHeart
    After 3 bottles of wine, that is probably what I look like in the morning !!!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Gotta be @LordFlashHeart

That would explain while he posted so many 🤮 emojis when Michael Appleton was appointed and TBF to the Lord; he was probably correct.

Pleased he's on the mend with Nathan Jones in the hot seat.
    I remember my 🤮 post !!!

I’m cautiously positive re Jones thus far you will pleased to hear 
  • Options
    I believe he was also a top class ice hockey player……sadly he wasn’t a top class footballer. 🫤
    Thinking about it, I think he actually played ice hockey for Denmark?

I wondered why Johnny Ostergaard said the goal posts look so much bigger in England !
    He was given a wonderful welcome by the Charlton crowd and told to "Puck off" by a wag in the crowd on his debut.

His best game was at Stoke in icy conditions when sliding in for a tap in.
  • Options
    Dean Holdens chauffeur 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Can we have another clue? Does the winner get a free copy of the book?
    Perhaps if he can take his glasses off for another picture.
    Not sure it helps much 

Poked his eyes out with that straw
  • Options
    Two things I remember about Ostergaard - Addickted (RIP) always maintained his goal at Wrexham was one of the best he ever saw, not many did as we'd lost 6-0 in the cup there the week before and the turnout was pretty low. Also, he got at least one player of the year vote in the 1980-1 promotion season, my mate voted for him as "He had the best name".