Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Valiant 1000 - Who is this man?

12346»

Comments

• Two things I remember about Ostergaard - Addickted (RIP) always maintained his goal at Wrexham was one of the best he ever saw, not many did as we'd lost 6-0 in the cup there the week before and the turnout was pretty low. Also, he got at least one player of the year vote in the 1980-1 promotion season, my mate voted for him as "He had the best name". 
    25/30 yarder wasn't it?
  • Yes it was , a real thunderbolt. No more than 50 Charlton fans there to see it.
  • So this former player got in touch with the museum today.  We're sorting out some pics from his time with us.

Anyone know who is is?
  • Is it Aiden McQuire 
  • edited February 22
    Dean Chandler ?

Ignore me - kit is wrong for him
  • Title winning season kit. But it’s not Parker, Mac Donald , all man who were the young names round the squad then. 
    Is it Leigh hales ? Believe he was on the bench for us a couple of times?

• First thought was Anthony Allman but I'm not confident
  • _MrDick said:
    Is it Aiden McQuire 
    No

Dean Chandler ?

Ignore me - kit is wrong for him
    No, it's not

First thought was Anthony Allman but I'm not confident
    Not him

Title winning season kit. But it’s not Parker, Mac Donald , all man who were the young names round the squad then. 
    Is it Leigh hales ? Believe he was on the bench for us a couple of times?

Winner.

Claimed his dad played for us too but don't remember that.
  • So this former player got in touch with the museum today.  We're sorting out some pics from his time with us.

Anyone know who is is?
    It’s Johnny Ostergaard😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Did he actually play for us? I seem to remember him on the bench at palace (or might even have been the Boxing Day at Wimbledon) but don’t remember him playing

why did he get in touch Henry? 
  • Did he actually play for us? I seem to remember him on the bench at palace (or might even have been the Boxing Day at Wimbledon) but don’t remember him playing

Pretty sure he never actually played. The Wimbledon game must have been the closest as I remember at the time we were down to 0 or 1 striker and we ended up with Youds up front for the end of that game instead.

He didn't play for our first team but he definitely played for us. 

He wanted some photos of his and his dad's time at the club.

As we have Tom Morris' archive we have a few of Leigh and slightly more of his dad.

As we have Tom Morris' archive we have a few of Leigh and slightly more of his dad.
    What does he do now ?

Is he still involved in football in some capacity ?

What does he do now ?

Is he still involved in football in some capacity ?
    Don't know, I'm not a nosey parker like you :- )

I'll try to find out
  • At a google, seems like he’s been a pro golfer 
  • IHenry Irving said:
    So this former player got in touch with the museum today.  We're sorting out some pics from his time with us.

Anyone know who is is?
    Vigo Jacobsen…..🤓🤓🤓