Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Replace Red Red Robin??

Comments

• Options
    Tarred and feathered, roped to a rail and paraded down Floyd Road to the jeers of the crowd.

The prescribed sentance for ANYONE suggesting RRR is replaced.
  • Options
    Never heard of
    North London Forever
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:
    New member suggests a change to traditions.

Yawn.

By no means am I suggesting to change it at all. I’m just putting the question out there from the conversations I’ve heard and some posts I’ve read
    You aint half living dangerous.
  • Options
    Never! Absolute sacrilege 😤
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    TomArchYT said:
    kentred2 said:
    To get the place right up for it, you need fans that are right up for it and a team that gets them right up for it. 
    Not different entry music. Not drums. Not public address announcements. (Beer might help though). 
    Yeah this is true, just thought i’d put the question out there because of the amount of people saying we should change it
    Lol. The amount? 12% of X users! 
    12% of 98 people, so less than 12 people! 
    Typical youth of today, scant regard for tradition 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 25
    TomArchYT said:
    TomArchYT said:
    kentred2 said:
    To get the place right up for it, you need fans that are right up for it and a team that gets them right up for it. 
    Not different entry music. Not drums. Not public address announcements. (Beer might help though). 
    Yeah this is true, just thought i’d put the question out there because of the amount of people saying we should change it
    As I said further up. I’m not suggesting to change anything I just wanted to see how many people would want it changed
    You absolutely are suggesting it and sadly just to get a few clicks/likes/hits on your vlogs or whatever.

Otherwise why run a poll, that was vastly against, and then post the result on here.

Charlton play at the Valley, they play in red and white, they are nicknamed the Addicks and they run out to Red, Red, Robin.

The rest can be changed but these four are non-negotiable.

Sandgaard changed it briefly to "Addicks to Victory" it made no positive difference to the results or atmosphere.

We ran out to RRR in the premier league and when we got promoted under Nelson, Bailey, Lawrence, Curbs, Powell and Bowyer.

Playing it is no hinderence to success.

Not having decent players or a managers is what causes losing games, not ignoring our history and tradition which in hard times like now is more important than ever.

LLLBH
    How would you rate these in terms of identity?

Name
    Colours
    Song
    Stadium
  • Options
    Curbs told a good story about this on Charlton TV.

He said he heard Tony Gale giving an after dinner speak. Gale said it was always a bit intimidating standing in the tunnel at Charlton waiting to come out in our PL years as he could see the crowd.

He then said however as soon as he heard the red red robin, he relaxed and knew it would be all right!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    North London forever works well as the team get into a huddle, and a few seconds before kick off, but RRR is wonderful and is our song 
    North London Forever is an artificial abomination that should be stuck up the gooners arseholes along with the big flags they wave when they score a goal. 
  • Options
    Only if we replace it with Addicks to victory. 
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:

Thought I would tweet out to see people’s thoughts on this. The last couple weeks/ months I’ve seen a handful of fans say they’d replace Red Red Robin with something else prior to kickoff to get the place right up for it.

Me personally would like to keep it for when the players walk out, once they’ve done that maybe have something else just before they kick off, for example north london forever for arsenal, hi ho sheff wednesday. 

Thoughts?
    I dont know a single fan that would replace it and I doubt you know any either. 
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:
    TomArchYT said:
    kentred2 said:
    As I said further up. I’m not suggesting to change anything I just wanted to see how many people would want it changed
    You absolutely are suggesting it and sadly just to get a few clicks/likes/hits on your vlogs or whatever.

Otherwise why run a poll, that was vastly against, and then post the result on here.

Charlton play at the Valley, they play in red and white, they are nicknamed the Addicks and they run out to Red, Red, Robin.

Sandgaard changed it briefly to "Addicks to Victory" it made no positive difference to the results or atmosphere.

We ran out to RRR in the premier league and when we got promoted under Nelson, Bailey, Lawrence, Curbs, Powell and Bowyer.

Not having decent players or a managers is what causes losing games, not ignoring our history and tradition which in hard times like now is more important than ever.

LLLBH
    Believe that if you wish. But I’m not tryna get no likes or views on my vlog. 

I’m not suggesting to change it one bit I just wanted to see who would want to and it seems a small minority of the fanbase would. 

Never said once for it to be changed and when sandgaard changed it first time round I was one who wanted to changed back. Was a genuine question which I felt like posting.

I ran the poll to genuinely see how many fans of the club would want it to be changed as I said further up. No hate or anything was meant to come from it🤷‍♂️
  • Options

He said he heard Tony Gale giving an after dinner speak. Gale said it was always a bit intimidating standing in the tunnel at Charlton waiting to come out in our PL years as he could see the crowd.

He then said however as soon as he heard the red red robin, he relaxed and knew it would be all right!
    ...well that's bollocks, because Tony Gale stopped playing for West Ham 4 years, Blackburn 3 years, and Crystal Palace 2 years before we got promoted to The Premier League.
    Lol! I'll tell Curbs when I next see him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TomArchYT said:
    TomArchYT said:
    TomArchYT said:
    kentred2 said:

LLLBH
    Believe that if you wish. But I’m not tryna get no likes or views on my vlog. 

I’m not suggesting to change it one bit I just wanted to see who would want to and it seems a small minority of the fanbase would. 

Never said once for it to be changed and when sandgaard changed it first time round I was one who wanted to changed back. Was a genuine question which I felt like posting.

I ran the poll to genuinely see how many fans of the club would want it to be changed as I said further up. No hate or anything was meant to come from it🤷‍♂️
    Bullplop!💩
  • Options
    All I would ask is for the crowd to properly sing along to it. Start it at away games as well.
    Belting out "Live, Love, Laugh and be Happy" would be great. Though i'm not sure we got the personality for it. 
  • Options
    Never ever get rid of Red Red Robin - end of - part of our DNA - unique to CAFC - I LOVE it 
  • Options

Whereas coming out to “I’m forever blowing bubbles” is such a huge intimidation factor 😹
    Especially with a fucking bubble machine pumping bubbles up into the air…..
  • Options
    Doesn’t even need answering really but obviously the answer is no. Interesting the comments about people singing along though. To me, VFR is for singing, RRR is for listening to while clapping etc. Not that it matters I suppose.
  • Options

That’s a load of horseshit - Tony Gale never played against us in PL !!!
  • Options
    Never.
    This is part of our history the same as The Valley is. 
    Why do people want to change our traditions.