Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Replace Red Red Robin??

Comments

• Options
    Red Robin said:
    Never.
    This is part of our history the same as The Valley is. 
    Why do people want to change our traditions. 

Not sure you can be considered an unbiased source on this!
  • Options
    “Seen a couple”
    “Spoke to a few people”
    ”Mixed reaction” to a 88% / 12% poll

Click bait at its finest I’m amazed the mods have let this thread run.

If you want people to take you seriously then be specific, everything in your post is vague for clickbait.
  • Options
    I find the older I get, the more I love it. Sing it with gusto every game. It’s been a constant theme in my life since I started going as a kid 40 years ago and can get me quite emotional at times. 

I know the modern thing these days is that everything not fashionable or current is ‘cringe’ or whatever, but RRR to me is Charlton Athletic and The Valley. And I love it. 
    👏👏 Hear hear. When my mum was in the latter stages of dementia the RRR was one of the few remaining ways of communicating with her.
     I try to sing along at The Valley, but in the Covered End it gets drowned out by whatever chant is being sung. 
  • Options
    He only asked a question, not sure why anyone would need to get aggy 
    I didn’t realise I’d get this much backlash honestly. I just wanted to see people’s opinions on a few things I’ve heard in recent weeks/ months. There’s obviously a handful from the poll who think differently to others🤷‍♂️ 

As I’ve said in a lot of answers on here I don’t wanna see it get changed at all
  • Options
    TomArchYT said:
    I didn’t realise I’d get this much backlash honestly. I just wanted to see people’s opinions on a few things I’ve heard in recent weeks/ months. There’s obviously a handful from the poll who think differently to others🤷‍♂️ 

As I’ve said in a lot of answers on here I don’t wanna see it get changed at all
    Note to self mate don’t go where angels fear to tread 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    TomArchYT said:

I know that now for next time🤣
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely not.

You must be Sadiq Khan or another member of the political wing of Hamas (aka the Labour Party) to make such a suggestion.

Who else wants to destroy our traditions?
    Or just a Charlton supporter with no political affiliations who was curious what was the opinion of fellow supporters to the song we come out to (and has been asked by loads of 'younger' supporters in decades past)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely not.

You must be Sadiq Khan or another member of the political wing of Hamas (aka the Labour Party) to make such a suggestion.

🙄
  • Options
    edited February 25
    TomArchYT said:
    RedChaser said:
    TomArchYT said:

I know that now for next time🤣
    I hear theres a few who feel we shouldnt play in red, or that perhaps we should move a ten minute bus ride to Croydon, perhaps you should propose that as your next non-contensious topic for "discussion"?!
  • Options
    Keep as is. If its age rendered it offensive to sections of modern day society, I could see an argument for changing it, but I doubt even sleepy heads feel put out on hearing it.
  • Options
    Think should be changed to “If you tolerate this ,then your children will be next “
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely not.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell if you’re being whooshed. 
  • Options
    Sing it every time. Naff song but it’s our song and I love it.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely not.

I did put my case somewhat strongly I admit but Red Red Robin is non negotiable in my opinion.
  • Options
    Sing it every time. Naff song but it’s our song and I love it.
    Naff ????

It’s of it’s time - it’s superb
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    JamesSeed said:
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely not.

I did put my case somewhat strongly I admit but Red Red Robin is non negotiable in my opinion.
    Well I agree with that bit at least. 👍
  • Options
    edited February 26
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely not.

Dear oh dear oh dear. Where do you even start with that?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Rothko said:
    LenGlover said:
    Absolutely not.

Fucking hell, seriously? 

This...

Why does bloody politics always rear it's f'in head in so many post's...🤷‍♂️
    Such a Tory response.