Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 27th February 2024 | Match Preview, Prediction & News

Comments

• Options
    Out the 3 games this was the one I fancied us to get something and still do .. how about a sneaky 1-2 to us … its still a free hit and sure we all be happy if it was a defeat tonight and a win at Northampton .

• Options
    3-1 Derby. Meltdown on CL.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    In 2008/09 - a relegation year from the Championship- we went 18 games (17 league, 1 FA cup) without winning.

The run ended when we went to high flying Norwich and unexpectedly won 1-0.

This year, we have now gone 18 games without winning (16 league, 1 FA cup, 1 BSM trophy).

Tonight we are off to high flying Derby. We are not expected to win.

Will history repeat itself?

(PS And I should, of course, have said congratulations to @Sage and partner on your news!)
  • Options
    In 2008/09 - a relegation year from the Championship- we went 18 games (17 league, 1 FA cup) without winning.

This year, we have now gone 18 games without winning (16 league, 1 FA cup, 1 BSM trophy).

(PS And I should, of course, have said congratulations to @Sage and partner on your news!)
    Here’s hoping not. I’d prefer to stay up! 
  • Options
    Is my memory failing me or am I right in thinking Scott Minto poleaxed the referee at Norwich one year. If it wasn't him, it was someone very much like him 🤔
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Congrats on the news @Sage... Hope you're waving bye bye to sleeping ;)

Not looking forward to tonight, not sure if it has been mentioned already, but we haven't won at Derby since 1999 - Be more than happy if we can come away with another draw, even better if its a clean sheet

Continue to build the confidence up ahead of the March fixtures... We don't want this one match to undo all the hard work that we've achieved these last three games.
    Separate rooms for the first 6 months, take over at 6 am. It's always worked for us :-)
  • Options
    edited February 27
    I think the combination of three things might go in our favour. One, we are definitely a better, more competitive side, even since we last played them. Two, Derby are good at what they do but they really failed to impress me at the Valley and finally (very ordinary), Three the law of averages may come into play given one and two. The other thing is a gut feeling about Kanu. He is playing very well and I think he is going to take off goals wise pretty soon.
  • Options
    dickad1 said:

Here’s hoping not. I’d prefer to stay up! 
    LOL! I was actually talking about ending our unbeaten run tonight but as this season has a number of similarities to 08/09 I take your point entirely!
  • Options
    • We win this one. 1-2 with a late goal from Chucks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 27
    Chuks needs a goal. [edit: 'is due a goal']. Wasn't it last season he had one of the best goals-per-minute ratios?
    Hope he can come on a bit earlier this evening, when we're three nil up :-)
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Is my memory failing me or am I right in thinking Scott Minto poleaxed the referee at Norwich one year. If it wasn't him, it was someone very much like him 🤔
    Mark Reid I believe 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    Many congratulations on the news of the baby.
  • Options
    Two battling performances but we’ll lose this one. 2 - 0
  • Options
    edited February 27
    I think with Chuks, he is probably happy just playing and contributing given his injury issues.
    True. I shouldn't have said 'needs a goal', it's more that he's due a goal. Let's hope tonight's the night.
  • Options
    Head says 2-0 loss . I’d be more than happy with a draw.
  • Options
    Congrats @Sage
    I don't expect anything from this game. 
    A continual improvement in application, shape and discipline will do me. Our end of season battles against relegation begins next month. 
  • Options
    I dont think we will lose tonight. A draw is my guess but 3 points wouldnt suprise me 
  • Options
    Do we know if CBT is fit? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    Fit and Warne said he'll be in the squad
  • Options
    Congratulations Sage - the ups and downs , love and hate of Charlton will be a similar feeling that you have for your son .
    That magic moment when you see him broken by Charlton or Nescafé waving the oppo fans will be proud parent moments but until he’s done an away trip to Carlisle or some similar ridiculous northern outpost your job as a parent is not complete and considered a failure , lots of hard work ahead for you . Do not let us down x

Looked out for this one, just for the fact of knowing what it would involve 😂 thank you and be sure to know they’ll be going here, there, and everywhere following us, just as I have, including Carlisle in 2012.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Just looks like a 2-0 routine home win but Nathan Jones must convince his 18 man squad that they can win. 
    Only the 33 points behind Derby as opposed to the 39 points deficit of Pompey where we got a decent point against the leaders.

Big problem, CBT is really a big miss in certain games for goals and assists.
    We don't miss Corey Blackett-Taylor defending but boy do we miss his x-factor performance when he could go either on the outside or switch inside to get a shot off.
    I keep seeing him have a magic 45 minutes tonight and it's making me edgy and nervous.

Alfie needs to find his shooting boots soon or else the nightmare scenario could happen.
    Not a free hit tonight as there are 3 points to be won but this is the last match when a draw will be a good result as when we get down to the dirty dozen games left, wins are imperative.
    March and April to stop the slide into Barrow on a dark, dank Cumbrian Tuesday night away in December and a fishy smelly misty, murky Cleethorpes in January for Grimsby.
    This will be the reality If...

I was never like this until I read the posts of Oohaah, grumpy etc.

Cliché corner ?

We go again 💁🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    robroy said:
    Fit and Warne said he'll be in the squad
    Oh great, just great. Just when I was starting to feel optimistic and that I could forget him.
  • Options
    I don't get the people saying this game doesn't matter. We are not going to put together a run of 5-6 wins considering we've won 7 games all season. We need to pick up three points here. Three points are more important tonight vs anything else - our shape, our attitude, our passion etc. 
  • Options
    CBT vs Tennai in the second half 🤣😭 in equal measure… Typical timing! 
  • Options
    I don't get the people saying this game doesn't matter. We are not going to put together a run of 5-6 wins considering we've won 7 games all season. We need to pick up three points here. Three points are more important tonight vs anything else - our shape, our attitude, our passion etc. 

How do we win without Shape, attitude, passion 🤔 
  • Options
    I expect another tight match, either a draw or a narrow Derby win. Derby are nothing special, indeed there aren't any special teams in L1 this season, when compared to previous years, so we have no reason to fear them.
  • Options
    I was hoping for 4 points from the Bolton, Portsmouth and Derby games, though was expecting to not pick up any to be honest.

I would take another 0 - 0, and then hope we can really start to string some wins together moving forwards.