Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby County v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 27th February 2024 | Match Preview, Prediction & News

124»

Comments

• CBT vs Tennai in the second half 🤣😭 in equal measure… Typical timing! 
    Derby are starting to believe he is their new Cory Gibbs. He’s not been in the squad for a while. Fingers crossed he stays out for one more game.
  • edited February 27

Well, we have to win at some point after going 16 games without one & no side can keep on not winning. 

So the barren spell ends Tuesday eve.  0-2 as the Rams turn into meek lambs. 
    Who are you and what have you done with Golfie?

I believe Golfie Junior has access when Golfie is playing around and the lad isn't a chip off the old block as he is a very positive individual.
  • <snip>

Big problem, CBT is really a big miss in certain games for goals and assists.
    We don't miss Corey Blackett-Taylor defending but boy do we miss his x-factor performance when he could go either on the outside or switch inside to get a shot off.
    I keep seeing him have a magic 45 minutes tonight and it's making me edgy and nervous.

<snip>

Hopefully his magic trick will be to make himself and teammates disappear.

Rams 0 Addicks 1, DK with the goal and the skipper gets a booking to trigger a two-match ban.

• Another really tough one. Our record up there is abysmal and with our away record this season it does not bode well. This may be one game too many against a top 3 side, 2-0 Derby with CBT getting on and scoring nunber 2. Keep calm everyone.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

no chance tonight, I’m on the lash early (no not now it’s the Cadbury’s dump taking place) so apologies in advance for my Tourette’s ridden rant at how shit we and this league are 
    Happy to see them back! But I think that this is a slightly pessimistic prediction percentage based on each team’s last two games and performances. Don’t get me wrong, they’re favourites but I’d give us more than a 5% chance.

If we can get an early goal, Pride park will become a difficult place for them as they can’t really afford to lose this one.

Any positive result is a good one, but I really think this team can go up there with genuine belief they can win this.
    We 'd have to hold th head more than afew seconds 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

no chance tonight, I’m on the lash early (no not now it’s the Cadbury’s dump taking place) so apologies in advance for my Tourette’s ridden rant at how shit we and this league are 
    Happy to see them back! But I think that this is a slightly pessimistic prediction percentage based on each team’s last two games and performances. Don’t get me wrong, they’re favourites but I’d give us more than a 5% chance.

If we can get an early goal, Pride park will become a difficult place for them as they can’t really afford to lose this one.

Any positive result is a good one, but I really think this team can go up there with genuine belief they can win this.
    RC_CAFC said:
    Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

LEAD
  • I think we lose if they score first. If we can grab a lead, I fancy us for at least a point.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

RC_CAFC said:
    Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

LEAD
    Lets' hope we are not holding our heads for the whole game!
  • Anyone having a beer in the town?
  • Happy news in the Sage household indeed. Many congratulations and hope it all goes well. I have a 3 month old grandson and can’t wait to squeeze his chubby thighs every time I see him! Great review as always, not making any predictions mind you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    Win 5%
    draw 20%
    loss 75%

Where’s Kenneth Williams when you need him?
  • Full comms on BBC Radio London (on digital radio or via Freeview channel 721 if you're in the area but not available online) 
  • LouisMend said:
    Full comms on BBC Radio London (on digital radio or via Freeview channel 721 if you're in the area but not available online) 
    That is a shame Louis, I rely on your tweets on the live match. Always think your tweets are the quickest and most informative 
  • edited February 27
    Congratulations to Sage, Mrs Spice and baby basil to be.
    Happy news for one of our academy Journalists.
    It keeps FA on his toes as the rumour was he had signed a pre contract with the Gibraltar National team ?
    Forever Addickted agent said he is stuck between a rock and a hard place but he has always wanted to dip his quill in the European ink.
  • LouisMend said:
    ross1 said:
    LouisMend said:
    Full comms on BBC Radio London (on digital radio or via Freeview channel 721 if you're in the area but not available online) 
    That is a shame Louis, I rely on your tweets on the live match. Always think your tweets are the quickest and most informative 
    Thanks mate. I'm not at the game today sadly, day job stuff.

On the plus side, the only other game I've missed this season was Wigan (a) which we won so hoping for a repeat.
    Any chance you can stay away from the rest of the games on the road if thats the case? ;)
    Palace aren’t playing tonight are they 😉

• Well, we have to win at some point after going 16 games without one & no side can keep on not winning. 

So the barren spell ends Tuesday eve.  0-2 as the Rams turn into meek lambs. 
    Who are you and what have you done with Golfie?

I believe Golfie Junior has access when Golfie is playing around and the lad isn't a chip off the old block as he is a very positive individual.
    You obviously haven’t met Golfie Junior !!
  • Well thats an interesting line up

Gillesphey in for Jones, but Camara and Coventry in for Dobson and Bakinson

Guess its because of the effort put in against Portsmouth, but didnt expect it
  • edited February 27
    Any local radio coverage for this match?

just read message above. Please delete Admin. Thanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:
    ross1 said:
    LouisMend said:
    Thanks mate. I'm not at the game today sadly, day job stuff.

On the plus side, the only other game I've missed this season was Wigan (a) which we won so hoping for a repeat.
    You're barred from Charlton games for the rest of the season now  ;)
  • masicat said:
    • We win this one. 1-2 with a late goal from Chucks. 
    Well, what the fuck do I know.