Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Derby County Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 27th February 2024 : KO 19.45

Comments

• Options
    Jury is out on the back three, but I don't mind the midfield. A bit more progressive and reckon it's aimed at attacking Bolton a bit more than we did to Pompey on Saturday.
    Playing bolton again?
  • Options
    I'd take a draw tonight that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Do we know yet if CBT is in the Derby squad tonight, because if he is...that is infuriating...
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Only Charlton could have one of our best players play against us whilst on loan. 

Surely that could have been written into the deal ffs 
    We could not stop it .. it was not a “ loan as such “ 
  • Options
    good line up probably the best available, just a shame May n Dobson seem to not fit into Jones's plans at the minute .. still, it's good the team is now based a lot on physicality and sheer graft n grit
    They have played a fair few under Jones. Think it's a combination of picking what he considers the right team for the opposition and rotating players when we play 2 games close to each other to maintain the energy levels
  • Options
    Do we know yet if CBT is in the Derby squad tonight, because if he is...that is infuriating...
    On the bench for them - based on reports from Derby though, he’s not been up to much recently, even allowing for his injury 
  • Options

• Options
    Interesting comments by Curbs and Brown about the benefits of playing U21 matches at proper grounds.
  • Options
    CAFC_boi said:
    On the bench for them - based on reports from Derby though, he’s not been up to much recently, even allowing for his injury 
    It was rumoured he would be in their team in The Valley game, and he was out with an injury as it turned out, so all is not lost...yet
  • Options
    Those running stats are impressive for Thierry Small, apparently he ran the most distance on Saturday for us, just over 10km

I'd have thought Karoy Anderson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought Dobbo was awful on Saturday. Still brave to drop him. But Jones wouldn't be the first manager to drop Dobbo and then quickly find he's needed. 

I hope Coventry finally shows that he can hold a midfield together. No excuses when he's alongside Camara and Anderson who are not lacking in effort or in making themselves available.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Thomas captain!
    Was surprised when I saw it but then you read through and there's not really anyone else.
    Well someone in the team has won the league as captain…
    Yeah Gillesphey the only other possibility but he's been taken off very early twice hasn't he? And been a sub recently so not had the best of starts. 
  • Options
    Anyone else having sound issues with Charlton TV?
  • Options
    lol! Curbs still going with Corey Blackett
  • Options
    Nope. Have you unmuted it on the player?
  • Options
    Supporting this team is way too stressful! 
  • Options
    lol! Curbs still going with Corey Blackett
    Wow!..does Mrs Curbs know...well, she does now...🙄
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Nope. Have you unmuted it on the player?
    It's on my firestick. Shhh
  • Options
    robroy said:
    first 60 years are the worst  :#
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Curbs ever mentioned Finishers before? 
  • Options
    Why do we need to wear the black kit? Red shirts, white shorts (they have black shorts anyway!) and black socks.
  • Options
    Hang on... the teams are coming out a couple of minutes before the actual KO - Are they allowed to do that?
  • Options
    Seem to be many of us excepting a draw tonight . Wish I could see what you do, I must be missing something.

Enjoy the game 
  • Options
    Terry's voice sounds a bit thin, like World Cup games in the 1980s on a satellite feed.
  • Options
    Thomas captain good for him been most consistent defender I think. 
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Bloody black kit...I know, I know...contractual and all that...but Derby have black in their kit as well, just stupid...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    SSN to show goals as they go in
  • Options
    robroy said:
    first 60 years are the worst  :#
    I’m 38 years in, started going at 4. 😢
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!