Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Northampton Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    We should be winning this one. 
  • Options
    Remember, this is Charlton. Don't count your chickens!
    I lost count and gave up at 37 because they kept moving.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    edited March 1
    At last we go into a game full of confidence after what's been a disappointing season 
    I fancy we will get the win we desperately need & if we don't it won't be the lack of fight & passion needed which makes it more acceptable then the half hearted crap we have had to suffer so far COYR Let's do this  B)

• Options
    If we ca get four points from the next two, however they come, that would be a more than decent return. No reason why we can’t win both though although our away form suggests otherwise. I’m going for a 2-1 Charlton win.
  • Options
    I feel fairly confident, which in turn makes me feel slightly discombobulated. 

Nah forget it - we're gonna lose 2 0.
    I feel a bit discombobulated too.

Except we’re going to WIN 2-0.
  • Options
    Tues was such a relief for all concerned with CAFC and after 3 big performances comes the chance to throw it all away again. This will be tough, Northampton have had a good season. Another point on the board 2-2.
  • Options
    2-0 to the Addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For Derby I went for a 2-0 away win. Correct result but not the right score.

This time I hope to get both correct. I'm going with the winning score from almost 4 years ago.

A comfortable 4-0 away win. 
  • Options
    It's been part of our DNA for quite some time, quite a few seasons in fact, where we have a big win then not show up against so called lesser teams (as someone said earlier, they all have unique qualities we have to overcome), but I genuinely feel that under NJ, that mentality, that monkey that's been on our back, is being removed.

He demands effort. He wants us to knock teams out. We've seen how Its aggressive, in your face football, and if the likes of Pompey and Derby can't handle it with their quality, then these most certainly won't be able to either. We also have some real quality in our squad, they just lacked confidence. 

I'm beginning to lose the fear of us falling at smaller hurdles. And I really like that feeling, because it's been a long time to have this belief, this confidence. 

0 - 4.

Kano hat-trick, REG header from a corner. 

We march on!! 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I lost count and gave up at 37 because they kept moving.
    Ask @Arsenetatters for some tips. She’s the go-to for your Gallus-related problems. 
  • Options
    I’m not as convinced as most , although we’ll stay up due to the fact most teams are shit , far too much optimism for my liking so a draw at best .
    Huff puff and effort , I’m not seeing any real magic out there, except Karoys PING which was a thing of beauty .
    1-1 This isn’t done just yet .
    kind regards 
    the cuntrarian of Epping 
  • Options
    Can't see anything other than a 6-1 win for us 😉
  • Options
    0:1 Anderson, yeah !!!
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Their podcast guy said Marc Leonard is ‘the best player he’s ever seen playing for the Cobblers’. 
    Must be the best player they've had since....

Errr...

Errrrmmm....

Ricky Holmes was excellent for Cafc. 
    Ricky received a decent contract at Sheffield United but unfortunately having been kicked so often in his career it was too late and his best spell was behind him.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones wants Charlton to knock the cobblers out !
    I'm joining this band wagon as Momentum is everything in team sport and Cafc have so rarely found this essence.
    Northampton have made a solid return to League 1 and are comfy in mid table.
    Another 2-0 forecast to Cafc which is crazy BUT we need to surf this wave of optimism.
  • Options
    I fear we will lose but hope we will smash them 0-3. 
  • Options
    FYI
    The Spanish version of this expression is appropriate to the context: "No cantes victoria antes de tiempo" (Don't sing victory before time.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every Bolton,Derby,pompey fan would have 
    been saying."we should be winning this one"
    before playing us in the last 10 days
  • Options
    Be really lovely if the first half team can actually go and get us in the lead instead of relying upon Chuks to bail us out. We go in with confidence and energy. Away win 👍

side note, this part of the season is where our bloated squad and players coming back from injury will really help as we’ll be a lot fresher than other teams.
  • Options
    timken said:
    Every Bolton,Derby,pompey fan would have 
    been saying."we should be winning this one"
    before playing us in the last 10 days
    Northampton are doing well, I'm not sire why people are saying we should be winning 
  • Options
    Think this one and Tues will be tougher than expected, reckon we'll draw both. If we can put together two halves like the second against Derby we'll win.
  • Options
    We lost to a very feeble 97th minute goal from them at the Valley, with our Head Coaches hands in pockets.
  • Options
    1-1 I reckon 
  • Options
    For Derby I went for a 2-0 away win. Correct result but not the right score.

This time I hope to get both correct. I'm going with the winning score from almost 4 years ago.

A comfortable 4-0 away win. 
    Hacked account 😂
  • Options
    A rare clean sheet would be nice.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We lost to a very feeble 97th minute goal from them at the Valley, with our Head Coaches hands in pockets.
    Probably the happiest I've ever been at a 97th minute winner conceded. It was poetically the right thing to happen