Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Northampton Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Has Lady Luck changed sides? 
    I think it has significantly more to Appleton not being on our side than luck!
    Brilliant deflection by him then… :D
  • Options
    No golden chances, but we've looked more like scoring than Northampton 
  • Options
    Table looks good at half time 
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Half time.

The pressing game is working well good tempo, looking good, not spectacular but meh. Got the goal as a result of that energy and pressing, Northampton seemed shocked we weren't the tummy ticklers we have been but they grew into the half, quite even for the most part, we've defended well but hey, it's 0-1 us.

Bodies back to counter the counter and comfortable defending. 

Going forward, hit and miss, have struggled to find the final ball/ moment of magic.

Games not won yet, hard to call the second half, the subs may well make or break this game.
  • Options
    Wish we'd got a second that half. Just like we often don't, Northampton probably won't come out second half as bad as first half so we have to be ready for a different approach and we need to kill this game off
  • Options
    Coventry probably cost us our best chance for a second by delaying the return pass to May, had he done it early May could have had a decent  opportunity for a shot, instead he had a half chance.
  • Options

7,710 here at Sixfields, with 1,469 Addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Teams are back out. No changes for Charlton. Fox replaces Willis for the hosts.
  • Options

Back at it. Charlton attacking the away end in the second-half.
  • Options
    Midfield hasn’t been as good in possession or pressed with quite the same intensity today but that being said, we are defending well.  Kanu and May have been a real nuisance to their center halves always dragging them away on decent runs in the channel
  • Options
    Found the Charlton commentary,no more whinging cobblers
  • Options
    Early goal again please Charlton so I do not have to go to the loo towards the end
  • Options
    3 or 4 really good crosses today with no one in the box 
  • Options
    1. 47'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Mitchell Pinnock.

• Options
    May too slow to release the ball
  • Options
    1. 49'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Ben Fox.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2
    May too slow to release the ball
     Yeah but then Kanu and Anderson moved towards their markers rather than into space.
  • Options
    I love Dobbo but 3 separate occasions now his touch has broken down our play
  • Options
    Dobbo shone when the rest of the team were shit. Now not so much.
  • Options
    Need a 2nd goal here
  • Options
    Really good return from Anderson to May, he can't trap it and runs it out of play.
  • Options
    Mental I know but I think a later sub today should be Dobbo off for Ladapo and May in the 10, Anderson and Coventry deeper
  • Options
    edited March 2
    I mean... It is end to end. 

In the least enjoyable sense.
  • Options
    Nice rainbow incidentally

I can't believe they still haven't sorted out finishing off that stand.
  • Options
    Wyconbe 2-1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!