Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan at Home - rearranged to 9th April

I wonder  if our home game against Wigan , will be postponed, as Bolton, have just rearranged their fixture on the 23rd of March, due to international call ups, but when will Charlton announce it?

Comments

• Options
    Jamaica have a CONCACAF game so would imagine Hector and Anderson get a call up

Saint Lucia and Sierra Leone are not playing so Thomas and Kanu won't have a call up

Australia do have a game but with AMB dropped to our bench unsure if they call him up
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Looking at the Wigan squad, Likely they will have the following 

Magennis in the Northern Ireland squad

Liam Morrison in the Scotland u21s

But again I can't see a 3rd for them either, Jordan Jones hasn't been playing for Northern Ireland recently 

They did have someone in the Ireland u21s but he will be 22 by those games so unsure if he stays in the u21s or gets called up to first team(which he may not be ready for so may be left out of the squad) 
  • Options
    Wigan can't reach the playoffs and won't go down.
    As long as we can get a couple of wins under our belt by the time we play them there's no point calling the game off regardless of a couple of call ups.
  • Options
    would do me a right favour if this one was moved to a midweek !!
  • Options
    From a very selfish perspective I'd be very happy for this to be postponed as I'm on holiday!

As long as the re-arranged date was in April I'd be able to go and granddaughter no 1 would have another match to attend (she plays on a Saturday morning so can't make most matches).
  • Options
    One I neglected for us

Lewis Fiorini has been called up by Scotland u21s

So if as I expect Hector and Anderson get Jamaica calls up then club can call game off now
  • Options

But again I can't see a 3rd for them either, Jordan Jones hasn't been playing for Northern Ireland recently 

They did have someone in the Ireland u21s but he will be 22 by those games so unsure if he stays in the u21s or gets called up to first team(which he may not be ready for so may be left out of the squad) 
    Think the rule is that if they are Under 21 at the start of the qualifying phase then they can continue to play U21 so I think it’s likely Wigan have 3 players and the game is called off. 

• Options
    Orient v Exeter postponed due to international call ups.
  • Options
    One I neglected for us

So if as I expect Hector and Anderson get Jamaica calls up then club can call game off now
    Back in January I doubt the club expected that Anderson would be the biggest loss.
  • Options
    edited March 7
    If we can I would like this game called off because it would potentially allow us to have some of the games in hand chalked off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think the trains are messing about that day as well.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    If we can I would like this game called off because it would potentially allow us to have some of the games in hand chalked off.
    I think all the teams still have to play 46 games eventually 😉
  • Options
    edited March 8
    NabySarr said:

Think the rule is that if they are Under 21 at the start of the qualifying phase then they can continue to play U21 so I think it’s likely Wigan have 3 players and the game is called off. 

It’s voluntary though, so what would be the point, as both sides are equally affected and neither are in serious danger of relegation or close to the playoffs. Hopefully they’ll agree to play on. More revenue from a Saturday match than a Tuesday one as well?
  • Options
    One I neglected for us

Hate to say it but he is unable to find a place in Charltons starting eleven. 
    Must say a lot about Scottish u21 football.

Send him back to Man City he is costing us money and not contributing anything.
  • Options
    Does anyone know the deadline for this game to be called off? Looking to buy train tickets but holding off until I know it will be on.
  • Options
    thecat said:
    Does anyone know the deadline for this game to be called off? Looking to buy train tickets but holding off until I know it will be on.
    Bumping this. Any idea when it will be announced? I see a few other games that weekend were called off last week. 
  • Options
    No idea regarding a deadline but most squads should be announced by the end of this week so would expect us to know soon. I'd expect it to be called off as Wigan should hit the three players but who knows.
  • Options
    Wigan are on 47 points and if they beat Wycombe tonight will be safe. 
    Pointless calling the game off imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan are on 47 points and if they beat Wycombe tonight will be safe. 
    Pointless calling the game off imo.
    They are potentially missing four first team players, including their captain. As much as I hope you're right I doubt they will be treating any game as pointless and whilst they can get the game called off and replay it with a full selection they will.
  • Options
    Neither of us has fixture congestion, so it's not as if there are worries about too many games in April. Neither of us after tonight have any Tuesday games left in the season.

Even after tonight Port Vale will still be 2 games behind us, they've got 7 games to play in April.
  • Options
    edited March 12
    No double header now for some of us then with Charlton v Wigan at 3PM & England v Brazil at Wembley for 7PM. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    One of 3 Tuesdays in April to choose from (9th, 16th and 23rd) 

I do love a Tuesday night gane
    Hopefully not the 23rd. What a woeful final home game of the season. Wigan on a Tuesday night. (Granted, Shrews on a Saturday isn't exactly a pulse quickener). 
  • Options
    My money is on the 9th.