Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Cheltenham Town Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 5th March 2024 KO 19:45

Tonight is another chance to put some daylight between us and the bottom Four in another must win game...
So the trip to Cheltenham makes it the third of the trilogy of away fixtures in a week, and a game there is no reason whatsoever why we can't come home with three very precious points in the bag...heady heights of 14th could be ours...
We have clashed on six previous occasions with the winning one, the Robins three and the remaining two games resulting in draws, Alfie bagged a brace in the reverse fixture in November 2023 when Charlton came from behind to earn a 2-1 triumph, could well see a repeat, maybe with a clean sheet, just sort out the tippy tappy stuff in the box please...and the double could well be on

So, let's see...

Nathan Jones has named an unchanged starting XI for tonight's clash with Cheltenham Town.

Lloyd Jones returns to the bench following a two-game suspension and is the only change to the Charlton squad that drew with Northampton Town on Saturday.

The Addicks are again expected to line-up with a 3-5-2 formation with Ramarni Edmonds-Green, Macaulay Gillesphey and Terell Thomas in the back three in front of Harry Isted, who turned 27 today.

Karoy Anderson, who has netted in two successive matches, will be joined by Conor Coventry and skipper George Dobson in midfield with Tennai Watson and Thierry Small operating as wing-backs.

Alfie May returns to his former club and will partner  Daniel Kanu up front.

Lloyd Jones joins Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Nathan Asiimwe, Michael Hector, Tyreece Campbell and Freddie Ladapo as Nathan Jones’ gamechangers with Tayo Edun not included from Saturday's squad.

Charlton: Isted; Edmonds-Green, Thomas, Gillesphey; T.Watson, Coventry, Dobson (c), Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Asiimwe, Jones, Hector, Bakinson, Campbell, Ladapo

Comments

• Options

• Options

• Options
    No Aneke or Camara in the squad. We are doomed!
  • Options
    No Aneke!
  • Options
    I’d have preferred Jones in over Thomas.

I think Thomas has been relatively solid, though he does often look like he is always falling over to me, if he is not hoofing the ball out wildly ha ha. I just think Jones is better. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Aneke is in the squad  ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Aneke is in the squad  ;)
    No but for a brief moment I thought Paddington Bear was on the Cheltenham bench :D
  • Options
    Walk in the park 3-0 addicks. 
    You can quote this at 9:45 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Walk in the park 3-0 addicks. 
    You can quote this at 9:45 
    What makes you think the game will be finished that early? ;)
  • Options
    Having his minutes managed is he. Just be honest with us ffs.

That bench is offering sweet FA if we're chasing ,so let's hope we start well and score a couple. 
  • Options
    1-3. May (pen), Anderson, Kanu.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

That bench is offering sweet FA if we're chasing ,so let's hope we start well and score a couple. 
    What's the harm in not telling us the truth if it keeps the opposition guessing as well? - I mean its not life and death us knowing or not is it? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Exactly. If he is injured, just say 
  • Options
    No chance you would be managing Chuks minutes after barely playing 90 minutes over 4 games in a ‘relegation 6 pointer’. 
  • Options
    Minto’s got a lovely turtle neck on this evening.
  • Options
    Have a shave, Scotty, youre on the telly FFS.
  • Options
    Hope the starting 11 can do it for us tonight, as not seeing the bench being much help (hope I’m wrong and Ladapo can find his scoring boots again). 
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Man Lisbie is in the studio...yesss, we're gonna win...
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Positive - not many L1 teams would have CBs of the quality of Jones and Hector on the bench.

Negative - Aneke clearly injured again and this must pretty much be the end of the road for Camara and any chance of us offering him a contract in the summer.

Outcome - very, very comfortable Charlton win.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I agree I'm sick of being lied to.... Its clear he's fecked so just say so, don't build fans hopes up. 
  • Options
    As far as I am concerned this is our biggest league game on years. Frankly if Chuks has got a pulse get him on the bench - that’s how important he is.
  • Options
    From Jon Palmer (Gloucester Journalist) on twitter

Nathan Jones' managerial record against Cheltenham Town: P4 W0 D3 L1 #ctfc #cafc
    ...Stats...who needs'em
  • Options

Nathan Jones' managerial record against Cheltenham Town: P4 W0 D3 L1 #ctfc #cafc
    Every stat is pointing at a draw.
  • Options
    edited March 5
    I thought Aneke looked injured up at Derby, he was barely moving, even by his standards.
  • Options

Every stat is pointing at a draw.
    Take it... We've never played well against Cheltenham, and only have the one victory ourselves which was the god awful win at the Valley this season 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!