Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Carlisle United: Saturday 9th March 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Dobson was brilliant today- great performance alongside Coventry.
    He'll not go to Hungary.
    You heard it here first! 
    Has he actually signed with the other team ?
    He has signed a pre-contract to play for them after 1st July.
  • Options
    Hope Alfie didn’t injure himself doing the tunnel jump. He absolutely stacked it 
  • Options
    I was expecting three points - wish it was a little easier.  

Don't think I'd swap any of their players for any of ours, but Carlisle resisted well during our prominent periods, putting blocks in when we were shooting from range and (maybe?) enjoying a little luck when Small was ajudged off side.  Anyway, momentum is a great thing and the Charlton band wagon is rolling!  
  • Options
    edited March 9
    He'll not go to Hungary.
    You heard it here first! 
    He'll be better off and go to Sweden <3
  • Options
    May and Kanu put in great performances. Kanu in particular has been brilliant for a while now. Small looked good again and Coventry solid. Credit to Watson for playing the full 90 too. Scrappy but a wins a win and I think we’re definitely safe now 
  • Options
    Probably our worst performance under Jones, apart from Reading away. Still some of the old problems on show, but that is to be expected as bad habits can be hard to fix but it’s also most of the same players making the same errors.  It’s also been an intense run of games so I totally forgive them looking a little tired at times. 

Difference though is we found a way to win and once we equalised I always felt we would win.

Still lots to be done to turn this team into one that can win promotion, but very confident now that we will be trying to get promoted to Championship next season and not back into League One after a humiliating relegation.

• Options
    edited March 9
    Probably the worst five goal thriller I’ve ever witnessed. Dire game. Zero quality on show. But a win is a win is a win and we are surely now pretty much safe from the dreaded R word. Highlight of the day was Alfie landing on his arse attempting a bootless tunnel jump. We could argue that a lamentable Carlisle dragged us down a level or plead tiredness after a pile of games in short order. Or maybe we’re just a mid tier side in a piss poor league. 

Anderson turned in a performance of Charlie Kirk levels of competence, the difference being that young Karoy clearly gives a f••k. He should have been rested today and hopefully will be hence forward. Other than Alfie and Kanu (why does Charlotte continually refer to him as “Canoe”?) that was a team full of 6 out of 10 performances. But it was good enough and that’s the main thing. 

Complaining about a home win when it was so long since the last one !
    Nathan Jones decided he doesn't really want to change a winning team unless he had to because of injury. Check out the team over the last 3 games. You are giving young Anderson loads of stick again but the manager wants him to play his way through this because of his work rate.

Heavy favourites to win today and the difference in attitude is amazing and IF he feels Anderson needs a rest he will do it.

3 wins and 4 draws from last 7 games is an amazing turn around after heading only one way before the arrival of NJ.
    I wasn’t complaining about a home win. As I said, a win is a win is a win. I’m complaining about the fact that the standard of football in this league is lamentable. Not helped by the fact that I have to watch it on a stream admittedly rather then be there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gonna be a much tougher League One next season with the likes of Wrexham, Wednesday, etc being possible competitors, but for tonight, it's just a winning weekend feeling. 
  • Options
    May MOTM by a mile, back to his pre Christmas best, great quality for his goals and assist.

A similar performance to recent games, we're not pretty to look at, but capable of moments of quality in front of goal that win matches.

Was surprised Anderson started, he needs a rest. Good cameo by Wickham, whereas Ladapo was a real step down in work rate to Kanu and May.
  • Options
    Anyone still think that there won’t be wholesale changes in the summer ? We’ll need five or six first eleven signings to get near promotion. 
    Without getting carried away, Jones has transformed things and hopefully we'll carry on in this form for the rest of the season.
    If he can bring in 5 players of Championship standard then next season could be interesting.
  • Options
    He'll not go to Hungary.
    He doesn’t want to go. Fact. 
    Had a good game also he will be part of our future 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'll not go to Hungary.
    He doesn’t want to go. Fact. 
    Had a good game also he will be part of our future 
    If he doesn't want to go why on earth did he sign a pre contract agreement? It will be just like Charlton to end up paying a six figure fee to keep a player that was already ours.
    Not after 1st July. He didn't respond to contract offers.
  • Options
    He'll not go to Hungary.
    You heard it here first! 
    He'll be better off and go to Sweden <3
    He can stay where he is for now. 

Here's a little something to wet everyone's whistle for the weekend. 

• Options
    think that seals it. Tantalisingly close to being champions of the bottom half