Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lua Lua signs short term deal to end of April

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 27
    He's obviously lost whatever made him a good player. Most wingers don't age very well. 
  • Options
    Does Scott want to build next season’s team around him?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Does Scott want to build next season’s team around him?
    No
  • Options
    It’s a no from me. 
  • Options
    Worth a short term punt but it hasn't worked out.

Not even a glimpse of the good player he once was.
  • Options
    That drop ball yesterday was ridiculous. Ref gave him the ball and he somehow managed to confuse himself and then stumble over it under no pressure. I mean, it was funny really, but it wouldn't have been if we were in desperate need of the points! So, it's definitely a no from me.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    We're not a retirement home ffs. Can't make any more signings like this
    Agree and Wickham should go too. Need a striker who can regularly play 90 minutes, he’s not done that for years.
    Two strange loans from Jones, my one real criticism of him.
  • Options
    No thanks,,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Agree and Wickham should go too. Need a striker who can regularly play 90 minutes, he’s not done that for years.
    Two experienced heads to help steady a ship that looked holed below the water line. As HI states above worth a look but nothing really to see that makes him worth a contract. Wickham better but we can’t afford another three games in six games out player. Don’t see Jones should take any criticism of looking at those two whilst shoring up a team threatened with getting relegated.
  • Options
    Was worth a look as an experienced player that NJ knew well but looks well past his best. Don't think there was anything wrong with the thinking behind him or Wickham on short term deals really. 
  • Options
    I genuinely think I’d have made more of an impact coming off the bench. He was embarrassingly useless. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I'd rather Jones/we assess these players towards the end of a season in meaningless games, than sign them next season and be stuck with them (like we did with so many this season).
    Totally agree. Low risk but also turned out to be low reward. It was effectively a trial and we will probably (hopefully) go our separate ways. 

It would have been bad if it was an 18 month deal but luckily, it wasn’t 
  • Options
    Was a very exciting talent in his day. Time catches up with all of us and think at 33, while his mind will be as good as the best, his body no longer can do the things he was once famed for. If he had scored for us, I would have feared him trying the flip, could have been worse than Alfie’s tunnel jumping..

As NJ said post Wycombe, no place for sentiment and interestingly bearing in mind he never played for us before, fair to say that quite a number of us feel for him probably just out of respect for the man. Wish him luck, whatever he does or wherever he goes next.
  • Options
    Has he gone yet?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I'd rather Jones/we assess these players towards the end of a season in meaningless games, than sign them next season and be stuck with them (like we did with so many this season).
    Agreed, but the injury history was something to consider.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Two experienced heads to help steady a ship that looked holed below the water line. As HI states above worth a look but nothing really to see that makes him worth a contract. Wickham better but we can’t afford another three games in six games out player. Don’t see Jones should take any criticism of looking at those two whilst shoring up a team threatened with getting relegated.
    They came in when things were looking rosier with safety?

• Options
    edited April 29
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Agreed, but the injury history was something to consider.
    Which it was. Hence they got a few months to show they deserve longer... which they don't. That's exactly what the whole process was about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Wickham at least looked good when he played, even if he was never available enough.

Lua Lua just looked really ordinary. Without the explosive pace, he caused no threat at all.
  • Options
    It is the end of April today.
    And the Padstow May Day celebration tomorrow.