Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Exeter City Vs Charlton Athletic : Good Friday 29th March 2024 : KO 15:00

A big Hi to you all on a bright, but windy Good Friday..a bit earlier than usual i know, but thought as no preview up...why not

So, Today we start the run in to the end of what has become a rather bumpy season, with a long trip down to the West Country to St James Park, for another important fixture against Exeter City, who sit one place and two points above us in the table, a position I expect to be reversed by 5pm today...
The Addicks, who are unbeaten in eight matches under Nathan Jones, shared a 1-1 draw with Fleetwood Town in their last outing before the international break, which we could have well done without as a club, certainly NJ thought it was "unfortunate timing"

We have clashed with Exeter on 35 previous occasions winning 18, the Grecians 11 and the remaining six meetings resulting in draws, Alfie bagged a brace and Corey Blackett-Taylor and Leaburn also scored as Charlton claimed a 4-1 win in the reverse fixture in October 2023, and I feel we will come out of today with another three points on the board, which will be a great reward for the sold out away end, what a great travelling support we seem to have, respect one and all...

Will put up the team sheet info when known...wonder if we will see Lua Lua today...🤔

Here we go...

Michael Hector returns to the starting line-up he comes in for Rarmani Edmonds-Green.

There is also a place on the bench for Tayo Edun and Chuks Aneke, who has missed the last four games with a calf injury.

Hector joins Terell Thomas and Macaulay Gillesphey in a back three in front of goalkeeper Harry Isted.

Conor Coventry, captain George Dobson and Karoy Anderson make up the midfield three with Tennai Watson and Thierry Small expected to operate as wing-backs.

League One top scorer Alfie May is partnered up top by Daniel Kanu.

Edun and Aneke are joined on the bench by Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Lucas Ness, Tyreeq Bakinson, and Freddie Ladapo.

Charlton: Isted; Hector, Thomas, Gillesphey; T.Watson, Coventry, Dobson (c), Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Ness, Edun, Bakinson, Campbell, Ladapo, Aneke

Comments

• Options
    Charlton have won their last 6 games v the Grecians
  • Options
    I'm looking for the front footed aggressive play that NJ has promised and delivered for most games recently (until Fleetwood). Another one like that and I'd say the new manager bounce has been and gone, and we limp to safety of 50 points. On the other hand a bright sparky performance and we race towards next season.
    COYR
  • Options
    A walk in the park. 3-1 Addicks. You can quote this at 17:00 
  • Options
    Woke up feeling not confident about today’s result. We’re due a knock back so unfortunately Exeter 2 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    Where is Leaburn , why is he always injured?

Not having a decent partner to May, is why we have suffered this year.

Let’s be honest Aneke, will never get us promotion. Too slow , poor scoring record. Just not good enough!

Quality fishing there 👏👏👏👏👏
  • Options
    I'm going for a 1-2 win. I hardly ever back Charlton ATM, but I think we'll win this.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    With time added on should end up 3-3 in that case 
  • Options
    1-1 don’t forget we are still pony 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-6 and it’s a fun journey home for 1300 travelling Addicks. Nathan Jones’ Red Army..!
  • Options
    A robust 0-2, continued momentum, the young'uns do good and another step towards safety. 
  • Options
    History tells us we are always crap after a break but maybe NJ knows his onions and we come back this time with 2 weeks of decent training behind us. However they are on a great run so I would be chuffed with a draw
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Personally speaking, a walk in the park might be a bit tough (I'll be following this thread from my hospital bed, the day after a bilateral hip replacement operation, and a walk to the bathroom is tough enough).

Hoping for a win.
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    A nice convincing and comfortable win today is what I would like to see. Will it happen?
  • Options
    Looking forward to this.

Always the kiss of death on any Charlton match.

1-2

Cling on for 3 points. 
  • Options
    1-0 to The Addicks from a set piece.

Pinch me I'm dreaming
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Personally speaking, a walk in the park might be a bit tough (I'll be following this thread from my hospital bed, the day after a bilateral hip replacement operation, and a walk to the bathroom is tough enough).

Hoping for a win.
    Hopefully you have a speedy recovery, sure we will turn it on for you today and get three points...oh and enjoy your bed baths...🙄
    The surgeon reckoned recovery from both hips being done would be more painful to begin with, but he promised faithlessly that my overall recovery should be better tham two separate operations (I've gone south of the border for the procedure, it's much cheaper than going privately in NI, so the douboe operation is almost a "buy one get one free offer" - I'm hoping our strikers find the Exeter performance equally appealing).

On the urgent list for the local NHS centre, but, as my NHS S consultant explained, urgent is up to 2 years.

Bed bath was better than it could have been, but I had to take off some pads from my, now less hairy, chest.

But not by any stretch of the imagination, anything like the humourous image miht be.
  • Options
    All the best @NornIrishAddick
  • Options

Operation Piss the League Next Year practice session.  

1-2  Addicks with a customary defensive comedy skit gifting the Grecians.
  • Options
    In the pub in Exeter. Weather  not too bad. Feeling confident for a win and a rare clean sheet. Maybe it's the beer!
    It’s the beer,trust me.

Enjoy the beer.
  • Options
    I am sorry for those who liked me giving out uptodate scores from other games on the matchday thread but my spare TV has given up on me, so although I will be on the matchday thread adding any information on our game, none on other scores
  • Options
    Speedy recovery @NornIrishAddick
  • Options
    Turns out I’m in the Bahamas today, I wonder should I buy the stream?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Turns out I’m in the Bahamas today, I wonder should I buy the stream?
    It’s available here mate quick fly home
  • Options

Charlton: Isted; Hector, Thomas, Gillesphey; T.Watson, Coventry, Dobson (c), Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Ness, Edun, Bakinson, Campbell, Ladapo, Aneke

• Options
    edited March 29
    No Jones or REG, Chuks is back.
    Neither Jones latest signings are in squad
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!