Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Wishlist 2024

Comments

• Options
    In fairness to Gillesphey, he was part of the Plymouth team that won league one last year so he has proved he can play a part in a promo winning side.

I agree with you though. Other than being a route one long ball merchant he doesn’t bring a lot to the party

I watched him lump it forward at Wickhams head in the first half v Cambridge constantly and thought of all the Plymouth fans comments about his wand of a left foot.  He is clearly a better ball playing defender than we have seen so far.  I hope we see that side of his game before the end of the season.
  • Options
    The real mystery is Lloyd Jones who seems to have vanished without trace, despite our defensive issues. 
    He’s not fit. Jones rates him highly. 
  • Options
    edited April 16
    What about Josh Murphy from Oxford out of contract at the end of this season? Has played pretty well recently… I’m conscious that I’m only focusing on free agent atm but I would hope the following 

Sorensen - Lincoln 

Conn-Clarke - Alti - Would require a fee 

Kelior- Dunn - Mansfield - would require a fee 

Kane - Barnsley 

Dan Kemp - MK - would require a fee

Max Dean - MK -would require a fee

Collins - Derby 

I would add maybe Jack Currie and Owen dale to this list also 

• Options
    Sollied said:
    The real mystery is Lloyd Jones who seems to have vanished without trace, despite our defensive issues. 
    Which Jones Nathan or Lloyd???
  • Options
    edited April 17
    Given the amount of chances we are now creating under NJ and with Miles coming back next season, I hope, I think it's a new GK and 2 Central Defenders.
  • Options
    Given the amount of chances we are now creating under NJ and with Miles coming back next season, I hope, I think it's a new GK and 2 Central Defenders.
    Going into next season, we have 4 strikers under contract. I wouldn’t say it’s an immediate priority. 

GK, 2 CB’s and the midfield needs an overhaul. 
  • Options
    I'd personally be looking for an out and out No1 keeper - I'm cool with Isted as cover , AMB needs to go and play regularly somewhere and I assume Ward is in effect an additional coach/overage U23 player.

Striker it's the injuries that concern me - Leaburn has had a string of injuries and we know we can't rely on Chuks, the answer isn't Ladapo as we've clearly seen so I could see another starting quality striker come in who can be rotated in. 

Midfield needs majorly looking at and possibly 3-4 players to come in to add to Coventry , Anderson and Taylor. None of the loanees have impressed me enough to consider them as answers and we're crying out for some creativity - someone that could add double figures in goals and assists and maybe solve the set piece concerns too. 

I think the only position I'm probably happy with is the fullbacks but I could still see a situation where Edun is moved on and Asiimwe is possibly loaned out? I don't know if he's someone that could potentially benefit from 6 months in League 2 playing every week (I know that hasn't worked out this season with Mitchell) 

CB needs to be addressed - the last 2 promotion sides were built on very strong CB partnerships. I think REG and Jones are good for this level but don't know if they'd start for a promotion contender, Gillesphey I'd be fine with as cover. Hector I think will go , if we have extended Ness I'd get him a loan deal and see if he can recover his form. 
  • Options
    Carl Piergianni from Stevenage 
    Taffazoli at Wycombe 
    Sorenson from Lincoln 
    Bowie and Pinnock at Northampton 
    Guthrie from Northampton 
    Archibald from Orient 
    Brannagan at Oxford (probably pissing in the wind with him mind you) 
    Sam Smith, Harvey Knibbs and Femi Azeez from Reading 

1 of Guthrie, Taffazoli or ideally Piergianni. He is a monster of a centre half 

Sorenson pulls wide and just roasts people, draws loads of fouls, gets Lincoln up the pitch and really stretches teams 

Bowie I think is destined for higher things but if we can get him, we have a worker who can really use the ball well 

Sam Smith isn't a goal machine but he is a battering ram who stays fit 

Knibbs and Azeez I think are a season off stepping up and I think, like most of Readings squad, are out of contract this summer

Brannagan is a class player, always wants the ball, beautiful technique and effective in possession 

Archibald, I just like him. Makes things happen and seems to show up when it matters 

Keepers, I'm less sure of. I rated the Lincoln keeper, can't remember his name. Shame we had to sell Amos as he was solid and claimed everything. 

In an ideal world Ashley improves his communication and command of a penalty box and turns into the keeper I know is in there. Hard to be too harsh on Istead or Ash as the defence in front of them exposes them so often. That said, neither command their space as much as you need a keeper to which in turn probably makes the centre halves nervous. I personally think its more down to our players not being decisive enough and not attacking the ball 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 17
    Crikey. I didn't realise Coventry was 24. That's a bit old to be talking about him being a prospect, unless it's in a Kevin Lisbie sense!
  • Options
    GK is no.1 priority closely followed by a top experienced sh*thouse CB then I’d like a really flair assist making / scoring no.10 type 
    someone like dembele currently on loan at Blackpool from 7 goals and 11 assists this season. Still only 21.
  • Options
    edited April 17
    Could see Dillon Phillips coming back as number 1, although he may end up as Rotherhams first choice. 

Jensen at Lincoln would be my first choice but I doubt he'd come cheap. 
  • Options

• Options
    Major clear out needed, including most of the signings from last summer and Jan, although unlikely to happen. No time for sentiment, this squad is no where near it and needs ripping up. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Major clear out needed, including most of the signings from last summer and Jan, although unlikely to happen. No time for sentiment, this squad is no where near it and needs ripping up. 
    Not going to happen, we'd lose a fortune clearing out recent signings. 

In a similar way to how Ben Watson was kept over Pratley because the latter was out of contract, it's easier to let go out of contract players than try to sell or loan out contracted ones. 
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    Why hasn't he said so then? In recent interviews, he's been talking about how big the squad is, and how he's having to leave players out of the 18, and that we've got very few injuries now.
  • Options
    edited April 17
    PopIcon said:
    We need to sign a goalkeeper with Championship quality.

Carl Rushworth, Brighton currently on loan at Swansea.
    Christian Walton, currently bench warming at Ipswich.
    Lukas Jensen, Lincoln City.
    Viktor Johansson, Rotherham.
    Viljami Sinisalo, Villa, currently on loan at Exeter.
    Nathan Baxter, Bolton W.
    Daniel Grimshaw, Blackpool.

I'd also go for the pick of L1 CBs.

Paudie O'Connor at Lincoln would be first choice
    Terence Vancooten at Stevenage is a goliath of a man.
    Rushworth is doing so well at Swansea people are touting him as a possible England call-up, no way will be drop down to League 1, will be in the Championship again at worst next season.

Johansson will likely get a Championship move as he's got a release clause, but if not he'll stay at Rotherham, he's not moving sideways to us for the sake of it.

No point wasting time on unrealistic signings.
  • Options
    Elliot Watt from Salford could be a decent shout - defensive midfielder but more the type to get it from the defense and pass it out rather than a tacking type.

Out of contract, 24, hasn't missed many games last few seasons which would make a change.
  • Options
    Elliot Watt from Salford could be a decent shout - defensive midfielder but more the type to get it from the defense and pass it out rather than a tacking type.

Out of contract, 24, hasn't missed many games last few seasons which would make a change.
    Yeah, let's sign someone who exactly matches the player profile of Conor Coventry 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Yeah, let's sign someone who exactly matches the player profile of Conor Coventry 
    We're playing with two defensive midfielders in Coventry and Dobson, and Dobson is leaving.

It's also a squad game nowadays - we'll have played 54 games this season, 58 the year before.  We have a terrible injury record.

You may be right, but having two players for the same position isn't that crazy a suggestion.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

We're playing with two defensive midfielders in Coventry and Dobson, and Dobson is leaving.

It's also a squad game nowadays - we'll have played 54 games this season, 58 the year before.  We have a terrible injury record.

You may be right, but having two players for the same position isn't that crazy a suggestion.
    Isn’t that Taylor’s role too?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:

Well it probably would be but given Taylor's mysterious disappearing act who knows what role (if any) he will actually have next season.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:

Perhaps, if he still exists!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    TEL said:
    I'm expecting a complete revamp of our centre halves. When Jones was interviewed, he said that three coaches could not all be inept at defensive coaching and said its personnel. 

He had Small and Ramsay on the pitch who are technically his players. The three centre halves that played have all had issues all season. Ness out of favour now completely so I'm expecting wholesale changes in this area. Gillesphey we are stuck with. However Hector and Thomas are out of contract. I'd be surprised if either get offered a contract unless it's as back up to new incoming cb's.

So much deadwood to get rid of though. It may restrict Jones getting who he wants due to the squad being so big. 

Taylor ( has he been in a Jones squad at all?) McGrandles, Fraser all need to be moved on. The loans sent back .

It has to be a huge churn otherwise it's going to be another mid table season at best.

First signing for me would be Dobson. Coventry isn't fit to lace George's boots and doesn't even play the role George dominates in.  
    Having a laugh … Coventry is a huge up grade on Dobson and will be playing championship football sooner rather then later hopefully with is .. Taylor won’t go he will be back up to Coventry having signed 3 year contract .. if Dobson changes his mind and accepts the offer on the table and he buys himself out of his contract .. is the only way he will stay .
    Do you actually watch the matches? As in Charlton matches?

Coventry has yet to play a full season for any club, that's despite him being 24 years old. Also, we haven't seen anything in his game that suggests he's Championship quality. So what exactly are you looking at?
    Watch every game …….
  • Options
    Must likey like Taylor they see no point in rushing them back and both have been given extended time and the summer to get ready for next season 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    TEL said:
    I'm expecting a complete revamp of our centre halves. When Jones was interviewed, he said that three coaches could not all be inept at defensive coaching and said its personnel. 

He had Small and Ramsay on the pitch who are technically his players. The three centre halves that played have all had issues all season. Ness out of favour now completely so I'm expecting wholesale changes in this area. Gillesphey we are stuck with. However Hector and Thomas are out of contract. I'd be surprised if either get offered a contract unless it's as back up to new incoming cb's.

So much deadwood to get rid of though. It may restrict Jones getting who he wants due to the squad being so big. 

Taylor ( has he been in a Jones squad at all?) McGrandles, Fraser all need to be moved on. The loans sent back .

It has to be a huge churn otherwise it's going to be another mid table season at best.

First signing for me would be Dobson. Coventry isn't fit to lace George's boots and doesn't even play the role George dominates in.  
    Having a laugh … Coventry is a huge up grade on Dobson and will be playing championship football sooner rather then later hopefully with is .. Taylor won’t go he will be back up to Coventry having signed 3 year contract .. if Dobson changes his mind and accepts the offer on the table and he buys himself out of his contract .. is the only way he will stay .

Coventry has yet to play a full season for any club, that's despite him being 24 years old. Also, we haven't seen anything in his game that suggests he's Championship quality. So what exactly are you looking at?
    Watch every game …….
    Great, you'll be able to answer this question. What part of Coventry's game is better than Dobson's?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    TEL said:

Watch every game …….
    Great, you'll be able to answer this question. What part of Coventry's game is better than Dobson's?
    There’s another thread for Dobson talk, take it there. It’s tiring hearing it 
  • Options
    edited April 19
    BFG released by PNE.