Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Wishlist 2024

edited April 9 in Rumours
Would be good to hear everyone else’s wishlists for transfer targets in the upcoming window.

Started putting some names on my own list, beginning with McAtee (Barnsley, on loan from Luton) and Leonard (Northampton, on loan from Brighton). The idea of a Coventry, Leonard and McAtee midfield trio is very exciting…

There is talk of both of them playing Championship football next season. But there was similar buzz around Coventry so it’s not impossible.

On the lookout for a big lump who plays up front next.

Comments

• Options
    New GK & lump up front are the biggest additions we need. Looking obvious our midfield will generally consist of Anderson, Coventry and another so a box to box midfielder who breaks up play will be very important too. We obviously need more but that's the glaring areas to me
  • Options
    Couple of Central defenders - not sure who though. 
  • Options
    GK
    CB
    LCB
    CM x2
    Creative CM

Perhaps another wingback too. I would say quality over quantity tho. 
  • Options
    edited April 9
    chris conn clarke - Altrincham - looks to be one of best players in non-league. Similar to that Rodriguez who went Oxford apparently this guy is better though. 

Max dean -Mkdons - reckon he’ll go higher than L1 but looks a class player 

sorrenson from Lincoln 

Lukas Jensen -Lincoln 

Herbie Kane -Barnsley 

Probably a few more but this would be a hell of a start 

• Options
    Good commanding goal keeper for me. Think both Istead and AMB are better than most in this league but for promotion a upgrade would be a 
    massive help 
  • Options
    I agree with what most people are saying.

I don’t mind Istead, but in the league with the amount of long throws, I just would like someone with a bit more physicality. 

So new 

GK
    LWB 
    2 ‘box to box’ CMs
    1 ‘number 10’ 
    A big bloke up top for when Aneke/Leaburn are inevitable injured.

Be interesting to see if Edun may end up in midfield, and if Taylor will find himself back in the squad. But midfield for me on the whole is the priority next year. 
  • Options
    Christian Walton from Ipswich
    Sonny Bradley from Derby

• Options
    Proper cover at WB is high on the list, Ramsay and Small look like a dangerous combo but any injury/suspension leaves us weaker. T Watson is looking better under Jones but he's about the only option we've got which is not ideal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Proper cover at WB is high on the list, Ramsay and Small look like a dangerous combo but any injury/suspension leaves us weaker. T Watson is looking better under Jones but he's about the only option we've got which is not ideal.
    Jack Currie from Wimbledon would be a good pick up 
  • Options
    I'll say the same I said last year, george Maris
  • Options
    I think Kofi Balmer is worth a look. Played well for AFC Wimbledon from the sounds of things and being let go by Palace
  • Options
    Actually on that note Jack Wells Morrison on loan would be quite good I reckon
  • Options
    Whatever Nathan Jones decides to do. 

After all he’s the manager not a head coach 
  • Options
    Poku from Peterborough would be seriously good.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    GK
    CB
    DMF
    playmaker
    Striker x 2 

Plus shift a lot out
  • Options
    We need to sign a goalkeeper with Championship quality.

Carl Rushworth, Brighton currently on loan at Swansea.
    Christian Walton, currently bench warming at Ipswich.
    Lukas Jensen, Lincoln City.
    Viktor Johansson, Rotherham.
    Viljami Sinisalo, Villa, currently on loan at Exeter.
    Nathan Baxter, Bolton W.
    Daniel Grimshaw, Blackpool.

I'd also go for the pick of L1 CBs.

Paudie O'Connor at Lincoln would be first choice
    Terence Vancooten at Stevenage is a goliath of a man.
  • Options
    Sinisola looked good against us and from the limited ITV highlights package he's been quite impressive. McAtee would be a great signing, maybe NJ Luton links will come in handy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been saying it every every window for the last 4 seasons and I’m not gonna stop; please sign Stephen Humphrys 
  • Options
    Nathan Baxter would be a particularly good signing as I'm on first-name terms with the fella (he played for our cricket club and still pops by regularly, nice bloke, probably should have been playing for us already given he's Greenwich)
  • Options
    Goal keeper is the only obvious very weak part of the team .. as to all round strengthening, if we had the money I am sure that Declan Rice, Jude Bellingham, Harry Kane, Bukayo Saka and John Stones would be on the shopping list .. to emphasise again, who we want and who we can get is down to two factors: How desirable we are to the player concerned and how much we can pay him, realism is essential
  • Options
    A playmaker in midfield and a winger . 

In the mould of Andy Reid and Raksaki/CBT 

• Options
    edited April 9
    Goalkeeper
    Centre-Back
    Left-Back (Reserve)...

(I'd put Edun back in his Lincoln role of Midfield, but as a reserve at most)

Defensive Midfielder
    Creative Midfielder

Striker

As for names not mentioned; Dan Kemp (Milton Keynes), or Young (Bradford) - Would be delighted with Walton / Humphreys / Leonard / Kane (Herbie) as names that have been mentioned already, the Altrincham lad, sounds the type of player we've ignored and shouldnt have done of late.
  • Options
    Go after local boy goalkeeper Nathan Baxter from Bolton....oh hang on.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    12 to 15 new players brought in once again.

Whoever  pointed the finger towards Alfie May has my backing to find another dozen players to fit into our squad.

I have no idea of players but trust the owners spend a bit of money to get out of this league.
  • Options
    Priority number 1 for me is a creative midfielder that can score.

After that, assuming we're sticking with 3-5-2, then:
    - Goalkeeper
    - Centre back
    - Upgrade on Edun at LWB to compete with Small
    - Defensive minded Central Midfielder 
    - Striker
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Some decent upper L1 level freebies

GK:           Christian Walton
    LB:           Connor Ogilvie; Nicky Cadden
    CM:         Herbie Kane; Joe Powell; Marcus McGuane
    Big Fella: Stephen Humphrys (doesn't entirely fit the 
                      brief); JCH (probably not fast and
                      energetic enough); Devante Cole.
    Wingers (so unlikely): Femi Azeez; Josh Sims.

Wild Cards who would take a fee;
    Max Dean (looks like a young Alfie May to me); Chris Conn Clarke.

If you want some real wild cards have a read of this thread in the Bristol Rovers forum.  This fella must spend his life watching and researching obscure footy.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10034/wishlist?page=231