Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Wishlist 2024

Comments

• Options
    Honestly believe Stephen Humphreys would be the talismanic striker we need. Charlton always have one at least in a promotion year. Hales, mendonca, hunt,  Wright Phillips, kermorgant, Taylor. Sounds obvious as good teams score goals etc but we need attitude and intimidation !
  • Options
    Watching Posh vs Oxford and I wouldn't mind Elliott Moore. Proper centre half and giant. 
  • Options
    Still thinking about Kion Etete as an option for a new striker. Cardiff didn’t let him go last year but he doesn’t seem overly wanted there and could be available.

Only 22 y/o and, at 6’6”, he fits the profile of what Nathan Jones wants. Big strong lad who will run himself into the ground.

Has played well in combination with Alfie at Cheltenham a couple of years ago so could fit into the group pretty seamlessly - that or in combination with Leaburn up front would absolutely terrorise other teams’ centre backs. 

Two big blokes who are not only taller than most other players in the division but also have pace and stamina to go with it - that’d be a very unique challenge for others to have to face.

Could see this as a goer , obviously didn't work out last summer and is how we ended up with Tedic ultimately but Etete fits the bill for what I'd expect NJ to want in a striker and would give me less panic if Leaburn got injured again.
  • Options
    Hmm. 28 games, 3 goals last season. No assists. Doesn't scream "terrorise defenders" to me. Obviously the division up though.
  • Options
    Hmm. 28 games, 3 goals last season. No assists. Doesn't scream "terrorise defenders" to me. Obviously the division up though.
    Only 12 starts in that though 
  • Options
    Did score 3 in 3 in the EFL cup though.

Think he could be a decent signing personally. Was he injured back end of the season? He seemed to play regularly off the bench at the start of the season, then became a starter (But looks to only be a 60-70 minute man) then suddenly dropped completely for the final 11 games. 
  • Options
    Still thinking about Kion Etete as an option for a new striker. Cardiff didn’t let him go last year but he doesn’t seem overly wanted there and could be available.

Only 22 y/o and, at 6’6”, he fits the profile of what Nathan Jones wants. Big strong lad who will run himself into the ground.

Has played well in combination with Alfie at Cheltenham a couple of years ago so could fit into the group pretty seamlessly - that or in combination with Leaburn up front would absolutely terrorise other teams’ centre backs. 

Two big blokes who are not only taller than most other players in the division but also have pace and stamina to go with it - that’d be a very unique challenge for others to have to face.
    Quick scan of Twitter he’s not thought of very highly at Cardiff. If you think he’s strong then they defiantly think he’s the opposite. 
  • Options

Missed the end of the season through injury, so will fit in well.
  • Options
    Honestly believe Stephen Humphreys would be the talismanic striker we need. Charlton always have one at least in a promotion year. Hales, mendonca, hunt,  Wright Phillips, kermorgant, Taylor. Sounds obvious as good teams score goals etc but we need attitude and intimidation !
    I agree.  Rumours he doesn't work hard enough will concern us though.  Would you rather someone with a languid style who doesn't appear to do a lot or someone who is a busy fucker but not prolific?

If they both get 10 goals which style do you prefer?  efficient or a tryer?

FWIW I think he's a great striker.  I've played with various permutations in Wyscout across Europe looking for strikers, games played, aerial challenges, availability, value and size and he is near the top of the pile on a number of metrics so he definitely has something about him.  Question is would be move south?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Neither did Yann, but Ajose did.

We want players with good fitness records and stats, but the best recruitment also includes finding those players who would show that if they had regular game time in the right team.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I agree.  Rumours he doesn't work hard enough will concern us though.  Would you rather someone with a languid style who doesn't appear to do a lot or someone who is a busy fucker but not prolific?

If they both get 10 goals which style do you prefer?  efficient or a tryer?

FWIW I think he's a great striker.  I've played with various permutations in Wyscout across Europe looking for strikers, games played, aerial challenges, availability, value and size and he is near the top of the pile on a number of metrics so he definitely has something about him.  Question is would be move south?
    "Relaxed" style doesn't bother me much as long as the results are there, though may not make for a harmonious relationship with Jones. Good age though and in theory at least should be able to make a step up if needed.

I'd view this as the level of signing we need to make even if not him specifically.
  • Options
    I would be gutted ( but not surprised) if we lost Small as this must be the first window for about ten years where I haven't been researching available left backs.

I suspect it might be a bigger club than Derby or Millwall though, he looks really good.
  • Options
    Will take Dan kemp and max dean from dons now please 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I would be gutted ( but not surprised) if we lost Small as this must be the first window for about ten years where I haven't been researching available left backs.

I suspect it might be a bigger club than Derby or Millwall though, he looks really good.
    We will only surely lose Small if he refuses to sign a long term deal and we get an offer too good to turn down. If not we just trigger the one year extension and he will walk next summer on a free. Question is what sort of figure would be acceptable for a sale? 250k? Or is keeping him for a year worth more to us and that?
  • Options
    Will take Dan kemp and max dean from dons now please 
    100%

We should be raiding MK Dons, Crawley, Mansfield, Lincoln & Exeter for their best players this summer.
  • Options
    edited May 12
    Richard J said:

Have the same concerns but this lad hasn’t just dropped out of nowhere into British football. Hes bounced about a bit, in fact a lot for a 19 year old and most club scouts would be aware of him and yet we, as a struggling third tier club were able to sign him up. His small number of good performances for us might have alerted one or two but prior to him signing for us there doesn’t appear to have been a clamour for his signature. Not many very good players fly under the radar these days.
  • Options
    Dan Kemp. 5ft 6
    Max Dean 5ft 10

Neither fit the height profile I imagine we will target.  Personally I would take Max Dean if he was affordable as I think he looks excellent and only 20 with tonnes of potential.  Dan Kemp I would pass.
  • Options
    Dan Kemp. 5ft 6
    Max Dean 5ft 10

Neither fit the height profile I imagine we will target.  Personally I would take Max Dean if he was affordable as I think he looks excellent and only 20 with tonnes of potential.  Dan Kemp I would pass.
    Kemp scored 17 goals this season, I don’t think you can just pass on a player that knows where the goal is. By that logic Messi wouldn’t get a look in either 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder what kind of fee MK would want for Dean? AFC Wimbledon got seven figures from Ipswich for Ali Al Hamadi in January but he'd had 18 months of good form. 
  • Options
    I don’t see Jones looking at small by striker standards. We already have Alfie and it’s strongly rumoured we are serious about Matt Godden who is 5ft 9ins. If the Godden thing is true and happens then I suspect that any other striker coming in will be 6ft plus. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I wonder what kind of fee MK would want for Dean? AFC Wimbledon got seven figures from Ipswich for Ali Al Hamadi in January but he'd had 18 months of good form. 
    It's one of those weird signings where they just called it a 'permanent deal' rather than a two year, three year contract etc.  

So it could be he's only got a year left etc, but no idea!  Which I guess could be their reasoning - don't let clubs know that.

Leeds have a sell-on clause too by all accounts so can imagine MK Dons factoring that in.  I don't think a 20yr old with 19 goals in 34 games comes cheap.
  • Options
    Dan Kemp. 5ft 6
    Max Dean 5ft 10

Kemp scored 17 goals this season, I don’t think you can just pass on a player that knows where the goal is. By that logic Messi wouldn’t get a look in either 

The logic of me saying I would pass on Dan Kemp means I wouldn't want Messi?  Sorry, don't get it.
  • Options
    Dan Kemp. 5ft 6
    Max Dean 5ft 10

The logic of me saying I would pass on Dan Kemp means I wouldn't want Messi?  Sorry, don't get it.
    It's implied you didn't want Kemp because of his (lack of) height. So "by that logic" you wouldn't want Messi 
  • Options
    Lots of Peterborough's better players only have a year left to run and with their policy of moving them on at that stage they will need a bit of a rebuild I suspect.  A few I would love us to sign but will be too expensive sadly.  Hopefully they replace badly and drop away next season though!
  • Options
    edited May 19
    Lewisham lad Nnamdi Oforborh is a free agent. 

Already been promoted out of this league with Wycombe. Looked a player that could go all the way to Premier League level when Rangers signed him aged 21 - a couple of seasons after signing another promising English/Nigerian young player, Joe Aribo.

He had to spend almost three years out of the game with a heart problem but has been clear of issues for the past 12+ months and was Swindon’s best player after signing for them in March.

Still only 24. He’s playing with a defib in his chest just in case anything came back, like Christian Eriksen and Daley Blind who are still both playing at a top level.
  • Options
    edited May 19
    Limited sample size (only 472 minutes played across seven games) but he’s far too good for League Two. Per 90 stats below.

The defensive midfielder we need?

• Options
    edited May 19
    Plus think of all those lovely misnomers available. If Vetokele was too difficult for some people then "Nnamdi Oforborh" is going to be an absolute nightmare.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Plus think of all those lovely misnomers available. If Vetokele was too difficult for some people then "Nnamdi Oforborh" is going to be an absolute nightmare.
    Agreed!