Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace ethical issue

Comments

• Options
    I’ve just moved to West Norwood. Feels far enough away from the Nigels but still makes me feel a bit uneasy! 
  • Options
    At least you’ll be near a Sainsbury’s ! 
  • Options
    Are we allowed to know what the budget is?
    Where you need to be able to get to for work etc?
  • Options
    It's a very nice area. Pre premiership you would rarely spot a nigel but i have a feeling that could have changed. 

Penge is better than people give it credit for. The Bridge House is a great pub. 
  • Options
    The Glaziers aren’t in Crystal Palace or Penge so don’t worry about moving to either. However, the journey back after a game won’t be fun. 
  • Options
    South Norwood has very little going for it imo. It's also very close to Croydon which is a completed dump.
  • Options
    As bad as the transport links are to the Valley, it’s the two days quarantine that makes homes games a bind.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I guess I'm currently living in Millwall country. Somehow that feels less wrong. But thanks, this is all making me feel less (potentially) bad 
    You live in Sidcup! 
  • Options
    I’ve just moved to West Norwood. Feels far enough away from the Nigels but still makes me feel a bit uneasy! 
    Been in WN for 20 years. There are a few Nigels but pretty rare
  • Options
    Plenty of hills to walk up and down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a very nice area. Pre premiership you would rarely spot a nigel but i have a feeling that could have changed. 

Penge is better than people give it credit for. The Bridge House is a great pub. 
    Are you serious!
  • Options

Are you serious!
    Which part? There are 4 controversial statements there!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Leuth said:
    I guess I'm currently living in Millwall country. Somehow that feels less wrong. But thanks, this is all making me feel less (potentially) bad 
    You live in Sidcup! 
    Camberwell! 
  • Options
    I lived there for a bit - it’s full of Arsenal or hipster club fans
  • Options
    The Glaziers aren’t in Crystal Palace or Penge so don’t worry about moving to either. However, the journey back after a game won’t be fun. 
    True. It's why I now walk to and from the Valley from Penge. 
  • Options
    Just make sure the front door isn't red and blue. Still, if the windows need replacing, there will be a glazier nearby.
    Not since the 70s.

Still, if you’re into ornithology,  there are loads of eagles nearby, apparently.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    _MrDick said:
    Leuth said:
    You live in Sidcup! 
    Camberwell! 

You're a brave man.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Hi! 

We're looking to get on the property ladder, are more or less ready to get our own flat.

Our budget isn't enormous. Ms Leuth is in charge of searching. 

A VERY great proportion of flats in our price range are coming up in the Crystal Palace area. 

I have no objection except the obvious crushing moral one. But is this objection trifling? Should I just bite the bullet if she finds a flat in that damned area that we both like?

She's just shown me one in Penge. We're viewing one in Upper Norwood on Saturday. The wheels are turning and it scares me 
    Norwood is a shithole, ditto Thornton Heath and Norbury.

Crystal Palace and Forest Hill are nice.

Sydenham is ok and improving, albeit slowly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd rather live in Crystal Palace than Charlton thats for sure
  • Options

Are you serious!
    Re Penge.
  • Options

Are you serious!
    Re Penge.
    When it comes to places, your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    I lived there for a bit - it’s full of Arsenal or hipster club fans
    No, that is Dulwich
  • Options
    I'd rather live in Crystal Palace than Charlton thats for sure
    Well I for one chose not to.
    That was some 10 years ago now
  • Options
    I lived on Central Hill, close to the triangle from 2008-2015. I loved my time in Crystal Palace both when it was just myself and my then girlfriend (now wife) and a little later when the children came along. If you find a place you like around there I'd go for it.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Have put in an offer on a flat. The local club isn't Dulwich or Palace. The monkey's paw has curled and I'd be about 1km from the New Den instead. You'll find me in all the local boozers holding forth about birdwatching and prog rock 
    As long as you don't talk about ball playing centre backs and that defensive frailties are acceptable as long as they can make one in every ten thirty yard passes they try and look comfortable on the ball for 95% of the time you should be ok. 
  • Options
    Move to Kent - it’s lovely out here and we have footballers nearby too to stalk 😃