Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Cambridge Utd vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 13th April 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    We’re so beige we make Huddersfield look like they’ve got a personality 
    Draws this season:

19 - Charlton (Div 3)
    17 - Huddersfield (Div 2), Oldham (Conf), York (Conf), Welling (Conf S)
    16 - Watford (Div 2), Grimsby (Div 4), King's Lynn (Conf N), Weymouth (Conf S)
    15 - Forfar (Scot Lge 2), Bromley (Conf), Taunton (Conf S), Dover (Conf S)

More draws than anyone else in the top SEVEN divisions in England and the entire Scottish League 

as if by magic , the bore draw clubs head up the charts 
  • Options
    And for those saying that this season was a missed opportunity with crap teams etc.

6th currently has 72 points, with 5th having 75 points, which many say is the points target to aim for if you want the play offs. 

This season you might need 80 points to secure a play off place. 75/76 and even 77 points probably wont be enough.

Next season could even be worse if you look at the teams coming down/coming up. 
  • Options
    edited April 13
    se9addick said:
    Bonne’s goal is the worst we’ve conceded this season, awful from Coventry, Thomas and Isted.
    Isted’s other f&*k up at Northampton is the only one that tops it.

His crap goalkeeping has cost us 4 points in the last 6 weeks. Thank God he hasn’t been playing all season!
  • Options
    Draws this season:

19 - Charlton (Div 3)
    17 - Huddersfield (Div 2), Oldham (Conf), York (Conf), Welling (Conf S)
    16 - Watford (Div 2), Grimsby (Div 4), King's Lynn (Conf N), Weymouth (Conf S)
    15 - Forfar (Scot Lge 2), Bromley (Conf), Taunton (Conf S), Dover (Conf S)

More draws than anyone else in the top SEVEN divisions in England and the entire Scottish League but, in typical Charlton style, falling short of the all-time season record of 23.

Something to be proud of and tell the grandkids.

Top of the league in something then 😁
  • Options
    Interesting game , Cambridge played it based on how the other results were going , first half we dominated , defensively we were excellent never really gave them a sniff , and Wickham top class finish and his overall play was very good .. second half Cambridge heard the other results which was not great for them come out and played more direct , got the goal , we did not close down well enough , snap shot on a pitch that Jones asked had it been watered in 10 years , it found its way into the net . .. we struggle to get back into the game and our subs seemed to affect us more as we lacked height in mid and lost the battle .. going back to other results last 10 mins Cambridge suddenly were happy to hold the draw clearly hearing that Port Vale were now 2-4 down , this gave us our dominance back and finished the game strongly .. but May hitting the post and the keeper making decent saves we could not get back in front . 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And for those saying that this season was a missed opportunity with crap teams etc.

6th currently has 72 points, with 5th having 75 points, which many say is the points target to aim for if you want the play offs. 

This season you might need 80 points to secure a play off place. 75/76 and even 77 points probably wont be enough.

Not worried about teams coming up .. 
  • Options
    edited April 13
    LouisMend said:
    "It's personnel," says Jones.

Thank the lord. I'm going to Macro that and stick it to my F1 key for the next time an Innisian on this board says it's not the defence's fault. 
  • Options
    The season will end with us having lost more games than we won. Once Leaburn and Aneke got injured, the team developed a losing mentality. At least Jones stopped that.
  • Options
    With our luck this decade the Premier League and EFL will probably agree to offer a new wildcard Premier League place to the EFL team(s) with the most draws starting from the  24/25 season.
    This will eradicate the need for points deductions to teams like Everton and Forest. They will simply swap places with the wildcard team(s).
  • Options
    Interesting game , Cambridge played it based on how the other results were going , first half we dominated , defensively we were excellent never really gave them a sniff , and Wickham top class finish and his overall play was very good .. second half Cambridge heard the other results which was not great for them come out and played more direct , got the goal , we did not close down well enough , snap shot on a pitch that Jones asked had it been watered in 10 years , it found its way into the net . .. we struggle to get back into the game and our subs seemed to affect us more as we lacked height in mid and lost the battle .. going back to other results last 10 mins Cambridge suddenly were happy to hold the draw clearly hearing that Port Vale were now 2-4 down , this gave us our dominance back and finished the game strongly .. but May hitting the post and the keeper making decent saves we could not get back in front . 

Well there's a first - no criticism of the ref!
  • Options
    Heard there has been trouble after the game.

Supporters coach has had  window broken
    It kicked off on the common near the ground. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    LouisMend said:

Thank the lord. I'm going to Macro that and stick it to my F1 key for the next time an Innisian on this board says it's not the defence's fault. 
    He means Isted and Thomas, not Hector, btw. What did Hector do wrong today? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wrexham will finish above us. Just on the basis they know how to score goals. And they have owners who will push the boat out to fund a promotion push. 
  • Options
    edited April 13
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    LouisMend said:

You've lost me there. Did I say Hector had made an individual error today?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    LouisMend said:

You've lost me there. Did I mention Hector?
    You and others seem to want to throw the entire defence in the trash without distinguishing between them. Gillesphey didn't do too much wrong today either
  • Options

Wrexham will finish above us. Just on the basis they know how to score goals. And they have owners who will push the boat out to fund a promotion push. 
    Can already see Elliott Lee ear cupping the covered end after his 94th minute winner at the valley next season!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    LouisMend said:

You and others seem to want to throw the entire defence in the trash without distinguishing between them. Gillesphey didn't do too much wrong today either
  • Options

Stuck waiting for the train after one cancelled. Still, there’s a pizza bar, an offy, and a book about trains. Result. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    LouisMend said:

He doesn't mean all of them
  • Options
    Let's see who stays eh