Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Shrewsbury Town : Saturday 20th April 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Yep, I’ve seen enough of Wickham that I wouldn’t mind him next season. 
    Sadly his fitness record still scares me, even after his recent SLP interview.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Some people still determined to believe we won't miss him next season. 
    If the rest of the team is no better than this then of course we will.
    Well if Coventry is the replacement then it doesn't bode well. 
    Why are people so adamant that he is? Next season we need to replace the majority of central midfield, with Dobson, Bakinson, Camara, Fiorini, Watson and probably Fraser all not being here, so why would Coventry be the "replacement"
    Right, I think he'll be a replacement, and he'll probably be the deepest Midfielder which is what Dobbo had been, but I strongly suspect we'll have other players in to fill Dobbo's combativeness. Whether it'd an upgrade remains to be seen obviously. 
  • Options
    Anyone who still thinks we won’t massively miss him next season has shit in their eyes. 
    Whether we miss him next season or not will entirely depend on what next season’s team looks like. He’s a good League One player, he’s not Bobby Moore.
    Good job that's where we are at present and not competing in a World Cup Final.
  • Options
    If that push on Anderson was outside the box =free kick, but in the box Nothin'...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Yep, I’ve seen enough of Wickham that I wouldn’t mind him next season. 
    Sadly his fitness record still scares me, even after his recent SLP interview.
    Him first half, Aneke second half. Problem solved 😉 
  • Options
    Corner for Shrewsbury  56'
  • Options
    Huge miss from Sobowale. Corner was flicked on at the near-post and he heads over from about a yard out. He was the guy who hit the post from on the line in the first-half too.  56'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd go Chuks for Anderson and go full Beast Mode with May the mosquito buzzing between the two Rhinos up top
  • Options
    Sod Shrewsbury's plans Brownie...
  • Options
    Decent move from Charlton sees the ball out on the left, Small's cross headed over by Karoy.
  • Options
    Small has low key been a very, very good signing. Karoy should have made it 2-1
  • Options
    Anderson making up for Sobowale’s misses.
  • Options

58' Chance for Anderson
     He nods Small's cross just over.
  • Options

Anderson now heads a huge chance over at the other end. Perfect cross from Small, Anderson arrives unmarked about six yards out but nods it over the bar.  58'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone who still thinks we won’t massively miss him next season has shit in their eyes. 
    Whether we miss him next season or not will entirely depend on what next season’s team looks like. He’s a good League One player, he’s not Bobby Moore.
    You’re missing my point.

Bobby Moore is an irreplaceable player. George Dobson is not, despite the “people who think we won’t miss him have shit in their eyes” comments. 

There are at least a handful of better midfielders in League One alone. Go and get one in the summer and we’ll be fine. Spend the summer on crap trees and loans and we will miss him.
    Its the Jose Semedo argument from 2011 back all over again.

Seem to recall fans being upset at his release 

Its easily forgotten a bit more now because of what happened the following season, same will happen next season if we get the right signings with the right results.

Can guarantee though that the owners will be reminded of Dobson if we have a repeat of this year though.
  • Options
    Surprised by the general lack of discussion on, or even a mention of, the pending departure of the club captain from the Smithy and Brownie / Gregg and Curbs, in what is his last home game.
  • Options
    You’re missing my point.

Bobby Moore is an irreplaceable player. George Dobson is not, despite the “people who think we won’t miss him have shit in their eyes” comments. 

There are at least a handful of better midfielders in League One alone. Go and get one in the summer and we’ll be fine. Spend the summer on crap trees and loans and we will miss him.
    We already have enough players who defend rooted to the spot
  • Options
    1. 59'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Alfie May is caught offside.

• Options
    Chuks and Kanu ready 
  • Options
    May and Wickham make way
  • Options
    You’re missing my point.

But if you need to make 8+ signings anyway. Why would you get rid of one of your only players capable of playing a decent level? 

Just adds to the rebuild that is already very difficult to begin with. 
    Don’t disagree with that.
  • Options
    Charlton changes up top:

DK on for May, Mount Chuks on for Wickham
  • Options
    May straight down the tunnel, subbed off for a wee
  • Options
    Double sub.

May off, Kanu on.

Wickham off, Aneke on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!