Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Shrewsbury Town : Saturday 20th April 2024 : KO 15:00

So, here we are, last home game of the season...
Today we welcome Shrewsbury Town to the hallowed turf that is The Valley, a team still not mathematically clear of the drop, Shrewsbury will be fighting for a point that will be make them safe.

Charlton and Shrewsbury have clashed on 32 previous occasions with the Addicks winning 11, Shrewsbury winning 11 and the remaining 10 meetings ending all square, in the away fixture we shared a goalless draw  at the Croud Meadow in September 2023, so on the look of it, we are pretty even regarding results..

Be great if we could end our home fixtures today with a nice 3-0 win, and yes maybe a clean sheet into the bargain...

Here we go...🤞

Alfie May and Tayo Edun return to the starting line-up this afternoon...they replace Tyreece Campbell and Tyreeq Bakinson, while Daniel Kanu returns to the matchday squad.

With the versatility of the squad the Addicks may line-up in a 4 diamond 2 or a 3-5-2...

If the aforementioned, Terell Thomas, Michael Hector, Macaulay Gillesphey and Thierry Small would make up a back four in front of Harry Isted.

In that formation Conor Coventry, captain George Dobson, Edun and Karoy Anderson would play in a midfield diamond behind strikers May and last weekend’s goalscorer Connor Wickham.

Campbell is named as one of Nathan Jones’ gamechangers alongside Lewis Ward, Kayne Ramsay, Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Kazenga LuaLua, Chuks Aneke and Daniel Kanu

Charlton: Isted; Thomas, Hector, Gillesphey, Small; Coventry, Dobson (c), Edun, Anderson; May, Wickham

Subs: Ward, Ramsay, Edmonds-Green, Campbell, LuaLua, Aneke, Kanu

Looking forward to the Alfie and Connor front two pairing...

Comments

• Options
    Dangerous looking bench
  • Options
    As I'm on the way there I bet it will be coconuts. You can blame me if it is. 
  • Options
    Happy with that but would rather Ramsay start. Again, no Jones. Bakinson bombed out the squad, no Ladapo again thank gawd.
  • Options
    Really can't work out who's on the right. Small? 
  • Options
    Aren't small & Edun both left backs ?  Or left wingbacks if you prefer. But  not right backs?
  • Options
    Not a single loan player in the entire 18 and we have 6 of them to choose from. 
    Fiorini will come good... 
  • Options

Upbeats game had just finished by the time I'd got upstairs.
  • Options

Upbeats game had just finished by the time I'd got upstairs.
    Pitch looks good...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Once more unto the shit dear friends,  one more draw.
  • Options
    We are safe, aren't we? 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    We are safe, aren't we? 
    From what? 
  • Options
    The drop. OP suggesting it's not settled yet.
  • Options
    Ward on the bench for the first time I think? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Was on the bench last week as well... Not sure where Maynard-Brewer is.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Was on the bench last week as well... Not sure where Maynard-Brewer is.
    Ah right, cheers. 
  • Options
    Stig said:

He's talking about Shrewsbury 
  • Options
    Anyone else having the vocals dropping in and out on the stream?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    No, it's saying Shrewbury's not safe yet, isn't it?
  • Options
    Ah that makes sense. Thanks @killerandflash and @aliwibble.

I must pay more attention when reading match previews.
    I must pay more attention when reading match previews.
    I must pay more attention when reading match previews...
  • Options
    Edun is the interesting pick. I imagine Jones wants to have a look at him.
  • Options
  • Options
    A real end of season feel on the much thread! :-)
  • Options
    That under 8s video is adorable. Definite air of herding cats at certain points. :)
  • Options
    A real end of season feel on the much thread! :-)
    ..Time for countdown to promotion maybe...🙄
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I see there is some advertising from Stretton Hills. Great course Church Stretton. Tee off in England & by the 5th hole you're in Wales. 
  • Options
    Edun is the interesting pick. I imagine Jones wants to have a look at him.
    I also expect that T Watson not fit and Ramsay not ready for 90 minutes, start with Edun and then bring Ramsay on and move Small to the left
  • Options
    Interesting that Jones mentioned last week that our defensive issues were a personnel issue, but then has not really changed that personnel this week.

Is Jones still injured?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!