Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Shrewsbury Town : Saturday 20th April 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    That was abysmal defending 
  • Options
    Awful so far, shower of shit at the back. Should be 0-2.
  • Options
    Its always against the run of play.
  • Options
    Dan Udoh. Charlton have looked so shaky at the back again and no one comes out of that goal with any credit. How Udoh was able to manoeuvre into the space to shoot is beyond me.  24'
  • Options
    get rid of Thomas ffs
    He might be nice but he's not a good footballer and he makes us jittery
  • Options
    Thomas and Gillesphey have been utter toilet today so far
  • Options
    Absolutely terrible!!
  • Options
    Apparently we've now reverted to the 3cb and wing backs.
  • Options
    Its always against the run of play.
    There is no run of play in this match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We set that up for Udoh (ironic its the sound we seem to make when we concede every week) perfectly with our defensive mishaps
  • Options
    Pathetic. Formation is a mess. Defending laughable. 
  • Options
    edited April 20
    Considering they have fewer goals than most in this league, it shows how bad we are
  • Options
    edited April 20
    Although if that is a back 3 now you could sail 6 Titanic's through the space in between 
  • Options
    I know Jones likes a diamond, but we already look miles better since we reverted back to 3-5-2.
  • Options
    Very strange to start with some formation we haven't played under Jones before.

Appears we've  now gone 352 but we've ended up with a left footer at right wing back.

All very strange
  • Options
    L
    ouis Mendez

Addicks corner  29'
  • Options
    Surprised he trialed the diamond today given our defence can barely function with 5 at the back. I wouldn't put Gillesphey or Thomas in a 4 and playing Small deeper feels like a waste given our lack of other attacking outlets. If he's going to switch between 352 and the diamond next season we're going to need much better CBs
  • Options
    Crowd update: the people that turned up 7 minutes into the game have already scarpered downstairs for a pint, on 29 mins. May as well stay in the pub
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 20

Corner comes to nothing  29'

Ha ha ha
  • Options
    Wouldn’t keep a single defender or goalkeeper currently on the books
  • Options
    What I don’t get is why did it take for them to score for Jones to change it. Like what did he think was going to happen?
  • Options
    1. 30'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Connor Wickham is caught offside.

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    To be fair to Jones, the man barely has an attacking midfielder. Hes even had to chuck in Edun to try and provide some energy and attacking drive. 

I like Anderson but I doubt there are many teams he'd start AM for in the division. 

And with that we're 1-0 down. Excellent.
    It's true we lack a great 10, but both May and TC have played there. Mileage may vary for both, but, with a midfield of Anderson, Dobbo, and Coventry behind them I think that's more interesting that what we started with. Plus either can drift wide to make up for the width we'd be lacking with Thomas at RB. 
  • Options
    edited April 20
    What I don’t get is why did it take for them to score for Jones to change it. Like what did he think was going to happen?
    His tactical genius would overwhelm the Shrews and we'd be 3 up by now?
  • Options
    Did Luton play a 41212 in their league one promotion season? 

Fair chance that's what we could be aiming for next season.
  • Options
    Carlisle 1-1
  • Options
    Well, if this game doesn't persuade everyone to come rushing back for the new season in August with renewed optimism then nothing will ...
    The lap of honour at the end of the game will be fun if it stays like this!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!