Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Shrewsbury Town : Saturday 20th April 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Charlton deal with the corner  18'
  • Options
    Brownie still saying it's a back 3 with Dobson, Coventry and Anderson all moving into the rwb spot. 
    Thomas is playing as a right back. 

We are playing a 4-1-2-1-2. 
    Not sure why someone has lol that.

You are spot on.
    It’s exactly that.

Not sure why the commentators are trying to overthink it.

They even mentioned early in the game that Small was ‘deep’. 

Either way. This is the worse under Jones we have played I’d say.  
  • Options
    Stupid challenge by Hector 25 yards out, free kick easily pushed over bar by Harry.
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see the back of Thomas 
  • Options
    Brownie still saying it's a back 3 with Dobson, Coventry and Anderson all moving into the rwb spot. 
    Thomas is playing as a right back. 

We are playing a 4-1-2-1-2. 

That's what my eyes are telling me too.

Just passing on his coms, although he thinks it's changing between a 4 and 3.

Whatever it is, it ain't working!
  • Options

19' Sharp save from Isted
     He tips over Bennett's free-kick.
  • Options
    ... and the corner was cleared without the Keystone Cops faffing of earlier.
  • Options
    If anything think i'd prefer Coventry on the right with Dobson in the middle. 

Lots of space for Shrewsbury because it doesn't appear that Coventry is covering the ground that Dobson sometimes is able to do. 
  • Options
    Isted comes out to punch the Shrews corner but is beaten to it, Charlton can scramble clear though  20'
  • Options
    Has the training ground been flooded with holiday brochures? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chance for Anderson from a nice first touch set up from Alfie, ends up wide of the LH upright
  • Options
    If anything think i'd prefer Coventry on the right with Dobson in the middle. 

Lots of space for Shrewsbury because it doesn't appear that Coventry is covering the ground that Dobson sometimes is able to do. 
    Preparing in case Dobbo goes
  • Options
    Such a weird team selection. NJ can say he wants to be “front footed” until he’s blue in the face but when you go out at home against relegation threatened team with 3 defensive midfielders and a left back in midfield and a centre back at right back and a formation that clearly no one in team (and possibly stadium) understands this is what you’re likely to get. 
  • Options
    How was that a free kick against Connor, the guy was climbing all over him...
  • Options
    That  non goal says everything about us this season.
    Center comes in, no Shrews player near, keeper stuck on his line, our CB under no pressure elects to put it out for a corner.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Has the training ground been flooded with holiday brochures? 
    With some of mistakes being made this arvo I think the holiday brochures should be for Division Four or Conference destinations.
  • Options
    edited April 20
    0-1 

Poor defending 
  • Options
    edited April 20
    0-1

Piss-poor defending once again.

And a dinosaur is on the rampage at the back of the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    Make a challenge then just fucking stand there and watch the ball drop to their striker, useless 
  • Options
    Oooof that is a sloppy goal to concede 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Utter utter shit
  • Options
    0-1 well well...not a surprise, this set up is not working NJ, sort it out...
  • Options
    Exeter winning 0-1
    Pompey 0 Wigan 1
  • Options
    Superb defending yet again. Give them all new contracts. Earned it
  • Options
    No one gives a fuck 
  • Options
    To be fair to Jones, the man barely has an attacking midfielder. Hes even had to chuck in Edun to try and provide some energy and attacking drive. 

I like Anderson but I doubt there are many teams he'd start AM for in the division. 

And with that we're 1-0 down. Excellent.
  • Options
    Utter shite so far...
  • Options
    Fully deserved. We’ve been absolute shite. Look as lost as we did under Appleton. No one looks they know their role. No communication. NJ’s had a mare here. 
  • Options
    GOAL SHREWSBURY  23'
  • Options
    edited April 20
    Terrible defending as per. 

Small giving all the space in the world to let the winger pick out a pass. A weak tackle from Coventry and then everyone stands still to watch the striker have another chance to score. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!