Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Wycombe Wanderers Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 27th April 2024 : KO 12.30

Comments

• NJ is testing Alfie Mays loyalty to the nth degree. I'm very very disappointed he's been taken off. If I was Alfie and I didn't get the Golden Boot my transfer request would be on the desk tonight. Stupid NJ think what it means to Alfie
    Bit overdramatic at being subbed, if that were a players attitude to that sort of decision, I wouldnt want them around anyway.
    Bishop gets 2 or 3 , ok unlikely but football anything could happen and NJ has taken a career highlight away from Alfie.
    Ridiculous inept decision. Take Kanu off instead
    TBF Kanu has been more effective today than Alfie, who looked a bit off it today...
  • Chunes said:
    Has Fiorini touched the ball?
    I've seen him run away from the ball and slot in at defensive midfield. Strange. 
  • Wycombe sub announcements are bit OTT
  • Aneke coming on for kanu
  • Kanu off Chuks on.
  • Kanu off for Aneke
  • NJ is testing Alfie Mays loyalty to the nth degree. I'm very very disappointed he's been taken off. If I was Alfie and I didn't get the Golden Boot my transfer request would be on the desk tonight. Stupid NJ think what it means to Alfie
    Putting in a transfer request if you don't win the golden boot? Of course this is a comment from the person constantly telling us that we should have re-signed Lyle Taylor
    LT is irrevelant GM . And by the way the issue was Lapado vs LT
  • Croydon said:
    Jones putting Kanu up top on his own to hold the ball up is absolutely brainless 
    And Chuks up top alone is just asking for injury 
  • Wycombe keeper pumps it forward, Kone in a foot race with Thomas, but it goes to Isted.
  • Based on league position this is the worst Charlton team in 98 years.  Sometimes they seem to find it hard to live up to that level.  
  • Sponsored links:

Putting in a transfer request if you don't win the golden boot? Of course this is a comment from the person constantly telling us that we should have re-signed Lyle Taylor
    Take it on the chin mate, don't try to rewrite history. 
  • Small to Lualua who's fouled on the halfway line and we have a free kick.
  • edited April 27
    Stevenage 1-1 Cheltenham, one more goal for the latter and they survive, Burton would find themselves back in League Two instead
  • Forgot we were playing. Just seen the updates up to the start of the 2nd half. Seen Jones has subbed May (yet again) and I'm going back to being ignorant of this game.

• There's our season right there. That "shot".
  • edited April 27
    CHANCE! Bakinson hits it straight over the stand and in to the car park.
  • I mean each to their own but I couldn’t go to the POTY dinner knowing my £55 was paying towards a free dinner for this lot. Shocking performance today.
  • Ball goes across to Campbell passes to Bakinson, whose shot sails out over the stand behind the goal.
  • In a field of many, we have a winner for worst shot of the season…
  • Does anyone else get the feeling Jones isn't the biggest fan of Alfie May. For the type of player he is he gets subbed a bit too much. Only natural goalscorer we have and we're struggling to score goals. Probably reading too much into it
  • Sponsored links:

• Lincoln have had a penalty saved, which would have put them into the POs
  • Reminder that Bakinson was the most advanced of a midfield three under Appleton 

Gross.
  • edited April 27
    NJ is testing Alfie Mays loyalty to the nth degree. I'm very very disappointed he's been taken off. If I was Alfie and I didn't get the Golden Boot my transfer request would be on the desk tonight. Stupid NJ think what it means to Alfie
    It's relevant in that it goes to you having terrible judgment when it comes to what Charlton should do regarding strikers, and a weird predisposition towards supporting players behaving like prima donnas
  • Wycombe player gets booked for trying to get Dobbo a second yellow.
  • Ball forward into our box, Hector swipes clear.
  • I hope Jones is asked in the post match interview why he subbed Alfie so early
  • Fiorini loses the ball in midfield, Wycombe come forward, and the ball's off Small for a corner.
  • Fiorini touched the ball... I SAW IT!!!
  • Somehow, it’s got scrapier. 
  • Our fans superb today
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!