Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Why is a million too much. Ahadme is not old and quite possibly as much potential as Burstow or maybe even Miles. How much was the Burstow fee and I think we’d all be gutted if we parted with Miles for that sort of money. 
  • Mike said:
    Not keen on the Ipswich fella for 1 mil. Lot of money for someone relatively unproven
    I’ve clicked on the wrong post and was supposed to reply to TeeC

igor?
  • Mike said:
    Not keen on the Ipswich fella for 1 mil. Lot of money for someone relatively unproven
    Would hope the up front part of the fee is south of the £300k they paid Burton with most of the rest on appearances given his injury record.
  • Chunes said:
    Interesting to see people's responses to the projected Ahadme fee. Lots of concern that £1m is too high but surely that should also put to bed some posters' fears that the owners aren't willing to pay what they need to? At the very least it should tell people that Nathan Jones is being properly backed by these owners to a pretty extensive degree, which can only be a good thing
    I don't have an opinion on their ability to spend money, but just to say that circa 700k of that is likely coming from the May fee. 
    I'm sure that helps, but equally we've been in talks about Ahadme for a while now, since well before May's transfer stuff became anything other than potential whispers. Godden is the replacement, such as it is, for May. We replaced May's place in the squad with money spent on Godden and then I would imagine the reason a breakthrough has come in these talks now is because we've topped up what we were willing to spend on Ahadme with the May money. I heard we were looking at around £500k for Ahadme, so adding what's left of the May profit after Godden and then a bit is still a pretty ambitious. Roland, Sandgaard and whoever else would have taken that profit, replaced with a cheaper player if at all and then move on with their lives, not funnel it back into a £1m transfer.
  • With the two forward signings this week I probably would not suggest that this forward line has more potency than the Alfie May led line of last season but I'm pretty certain that the squad so far has more forward options than since we were in the Championship with Lee Bowyer. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Mike said:
    Would hope the up front part of the fee is south of the £300k they paid Burton with most of the rest on appearances given his injury record.
    Only played 8 times for them (1 start) and not prolific in any of his loans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike said:
    I’ve clicked on the wrong post and was supposed to reply to TeeC

igor?
    Yes turns out RD spent good money on a number of average players 
  • Interesting to see people's responses to the projected Ahadme fee. Lots of concern that £1m is too high but surely that should also put to bed some posters' fears that the owners aren't willing to pay what they need to? At the very least it should tell people that Nathan Jones is being properly backed by these owners to a pretty extensive degree, which can only be a good thing
    Would suggest paying more than they need to!
  • Swisdom said:
    fenaddick said:
    Could Dr Will Abbott prove to be the best signing for our forward line? If he works magic and gets Miles and Chuks more available then I think we’ll be ok up top
    He is proving his worth apparently.  His treatment of Miles has been absolutely spot-on I'm told.  Targets that were set well in advance are being hit TO THE DAY.

No rushing him back half-baked.  He's bigger and stronger than ever but still has those magic soft feet.  Hopefully gonna be our Gamechanger this year

If he can get near enough full seasons from Chuks and Leaburn he's got the right to go to Rodwells office and ask for whatever he wants because that will be incredible work. 
  • Why is a million too much. Ahadme is not old and quite possibly as much potential as Burstow or maybe even Miles. How much was the Burstow fee and I think we’d all be gutted if we parted with Miles for that sort of money. 
    Partly because they paid £300k and he hasn't achieved much since to justify the price rise.
  • Swisdom said:
    Ahadme is slim up top but a double-hard bastard I believe.  Bit of a swagger and cockiness about him too

Strong in the air
    Strong body
    Tricky

Sounds like some French guy we used to know.....

Would be nice to have a flashy bastard again and if Godden is the "Garry Nelson" type of forward doing the donkey work I might start getting a bit excited
    Would love him to succeed. I wonder how long his co tract will be.
  • A few comments on here about Ahadme: https://cambridgeunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/5089/ex-players?page=938

I doubt we'd pay anywhere near 1 million upfront for him to be honest. More like 500k rising to a million after clauses are met. 
    Comments about our mutual "friend" Lyle Taylor too. Suffice to say he burns just about every bridge he crosses!
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCDAZ said:
    I will put my faith in Leaburn, Aneke and Kanu combined to get us 35 goals combined this season, IF and it's a big IF they all stay fit. I'd back Leaburn alone for a full season to get 15+ 
    What about Godden?
    I'm leaving him off the list as an unknown quantity, tbh it's abit like Chuks. His an unknown as we don't know when we will or if we will ever see a fully fit Chuks again. Off the basis of Goddens pedigree, I remember watching him during his prolific season at Ebbsfleet before he got his pro break and he was fantastic, however his a different player now. I'd hope he'd get 10 at least. 
  • Hal1x said:
    Chunes said:
    Interesting to see people's responses to the projected Ahadme fee. Lots of concern that £1m is too high but surely that should also put to bed some posters' fears that the owners aren't willing to pay what they need to? At the very least it should tell people that Nathan Jones is being properly backed by these owners to a pretty extensive degree, which can only be a good thing
    I don't have an opinion on their ability to spend money, but just to say that circa 700k of that is likely coming from the May fee. 
    I thought much of that went on Godden?
    I have to hope we didn't spend a large portion of the 700k on someone as old as Godden...
  • Ferryman said:
    Mike said:
    Deal worth 1 mill we would have to pay 500,000 up front 
  • Chunes said:
    Hal1x said:
    Chunes said:
    I thought much of that went on Godden?
    I have to hope we didn't spend a large portion of the 700k on someone as old as Godden...
    I think Coventry will have offloaded him for next to nothing to get him off their wage bill
  • CafcSCP said:
    Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    Mike said:
    Only played 8 times for them (1 start) and not prolific in any of his loans.
    Id say 11 in 29 is pretty decent 
    I know he got a bad injury, so I won't judge the return figures, but quite a lot of those goals are penalties. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    fenaddick said:
    Could Dr Will Abbott prove to be the best signing for our forward line? If he works magic and gets Miles and Chuks more available then I think we’ll be ok up top
    A fully fit Chuks is not only our best striker, but the best striker in the league. You talk about players coming back from injury being a new signing, but getting Chuks available for the majority of the season would be the best signing of the season. 
    we will never get to that stage though......just accept he's a 20-30 min game changer
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!