Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Didnt want Bishop tbh he would have been a decent squad player but very similar to what we already have think if we are to bring another in they need to be of higher quality who brings more Goals and assists to the team
    We don't have anyone in central midfield who can dribble with the ball and drive forward like Parker/Holmes/Aribo used to drag the team up the pitch. Something Bishop was good at. 
  • Thought that Mannion was meant to be an improvement on the previous two, even if he's not intended to be out permanent No. 1?
  • Given the troubles we are having landing an additional goalkeeper I'd suggest any Lifers that fancy themselves as a keeper rock-up to Sparrows Lane with their boots and gloves and try a Saša Ilić.  ;) 
  • Scoham said:
    I like the sound of their captain McCowan
  • 995632 said:
    Didnt want Bishop tbh he would have been a decent squad player but very similar to what we already have think if we are to bring another in they need to be of higher quality who brings more Goals and assists to the team
    We don't have anyone in central midfield who can dribble with the ball and drive forward like Parker/Holmes/Aribo used to drag the team up the pitch. Something Bishop was good at. 
    Isn't that what Berry is supposed to be doing? Although even so, cover/competition in that position is still needed so we do need at least one more midfield signing.
  • Bailey said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Ronnie Moore (Bexley Boy) is actually a Millwall Fan.
    Really …. why I have been going to the valley since 1968 then ???? 
    To see the 3.4 home defeat quite obviously, you slippery customer you ! Ronnie, I'm warming to you, you've suffered as long as me. Write what you like Ronnie, trust me you've earned the right. 
    Cheers mate … remember Derek Hales saying we have to score 4 to draw lol … Goldstone Ground doing the conga when we were 7-1 down…. I still own Ronnie Moore big toe I think but he was a great lad and come and done a player presentation for my father in law football team ( he brought his son along as we know went on to  be a professional footballer ) … back in them days we never won away game I think I went two years without seeing an away win … 

but did we moan no we did not .. we supported the team no matter what 
    There is a difference now though Ronnie, since we left the premier the fan focus has been more on the owners than on the team, although the teams failings are in correlation with those owners. We moaned about Gliksten then but he seems like a saint to what we've had to put up with now. Here's hoping the board now have a plan to give a forward direction for the club, paid for my season ticket and am forever hopeful.  
  • Gribbo said:
    Thought that Mannion was meant to be an improvement on the previous two, even if he's not intended to be out permanent No. 1?
    Doesn't mean he's not improvement though Gribbo. AMB and Isted have a similar failing, that of not dominating their area and giving their defenders instructions, if you ever watched Bob Bolder play, you will know how it should be done. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Bauer still available 
    Don't need him in any way, shape or form though, we need a decent, left-sided central defender 

Averages...

Birmingham 1.0000 = 1st
    Rotherham 3.5556 = 2nd
    -
    Huddersfield 3.6667 = 3rd
    Bolton 3.7778 = 4th
    Peterborough 6.3333 = 5th
    Charlton 6.7778 = 6th
    -
    Lincoln 7.1111 = 7th
    Wigan 9.0000 = 8th
    Blackpool 9.4444 = 9th
    I have no idea if he’s any good still, but 85% of the player he was in 2019 would be our best centre half .  
  • Redhenry said:
    Scoham said:

Standout player for Dundee, quite small but everywhere on the pitch would play the 10 role very well.
  • Redhenry said:
    Scoham said:
    Was going to say the same. Part-ex with Fraser could be beneficial for everyone.  

Well, maybe not for Dundee 😉
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    CafcSteve said:
    Ronnie Moore (Bexley Boy) is actually a Millwall Fan.
    Really …. why I have been going to the valley since 1968 then ???? 
    Only since 1968?

I dunno, you're just a Johnny-come-lately 😏 

That makes two of us then…🤔
    Just done a double take on your username, Mr East Terrace.

Methinks that the 6168 translates to 6th January 1968, the day when Alan Campbell skipped past 3 tackles to score our winner against Millwall.

Your first game, I'm guessing? 🤔 
    Spot on Oggy, in fact confession time, i went supporting Millwall…🤫
    But that was because it was my first match, and all my mates were Addicks, then the following match we drew 3-3 with QPR, and the rest as they say is history, now what would have happened had we lost, well, we will never know will we…😏

You were a closet Spanner? 😳

Well, at least you finally saw sense. 
    That QPR game was special too - our 10 men, our kid debut keeper in hospital, and losing 3-1 with 4 minutes left against top of the  League QPR.

Then Wally, Wally, Wally Went scored with a header from a corner. And who can forget Keithy Peacock streaking through and firing home the last kick of the game equaliser. 

Proper atmosphere in those days. Grandstand Finish, we used to call it.
    Aye, lad. You try telling the kids of today and they won't believe you 😏

Not rumors but re above quotes  Sorry.

3rd Feb Peter Reeves married morning of match. 

As for the goals all I remember is Harry Gregory won a corner kick at Height End which wasn’t a corner.  Went scored from it.

• seth plum said:
    There is a video on the official Charlton Athletic website where the players each say their name twice.
    For students of body language it is a little bit fascinating, especially from Lucas Ness and Scott Fraser which contrast with each other. There are a couple of pretty shy players in that it seems to me, especially Nathan Asimwe and Tyreece Campbell.
    Scott Fraser is the only player with his arms folded in a kind of defensive pose…oh and it looks clear to me that Zach Mitchell is regarded (quite rightly) as a significant member of the squad.
    In the hurly burly of matches it will be easy to mix up Berry and Godden due to their beards. Godden says his first name is ‘Matty’. There are a fine selection of Scottish accents to enjoy on that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDxeTt6eCC0
  • Could have done with name guidance 30 years ago, so that we could have pronounced Kinsella correctly! KINsella rather than kinSELLA apparently, though his daughter seems to be pronounced the second way, so maybe he's gone with the flow.
  • Think those videos are great, mainly for commentators but no harm us seeing them too. Kanu pronounced his surname slightly differently to how I had too and I’ve heard loads of different version of Chuks Aneke
  • Sponsored links:

• The videos are really useful, though they can look a bit daft when your team is mostly made up of British players with simple names. Useful to hear Ahadme and Kanu say their names. The main thing I took from the video is that if you ask a Scottish person to say their name slowly it will come across as incredibly aggressive. Also nice to get confirmation that Lucas Ness is still alive
  • The videos are really useful, though they can look a bit daft when your team is mostly made up of British players with simple names. Useful to hear Ahadme and Kanu say their names. The main thing I took from the video is that if you ask a Scottish person to say their name slowly it will come across as incredibly aggressive. Also nice to get confirmation that Lucas Ness is still alive
    Not the sort of confirmation that we were getting in the middle of games in the last few seasons for most of our "players"...
  • Could have done with name guidance 30 years ago, so that we could have pronounced Kinsella correctly! KINsella rather than kinSELLA apparently, though his daughter seems to be pronounced the second way, so maybe he's gone with the flow.
    If we’d pronounced it correctly, then the simple, yet wonderful ‘Macarena’ chant wouldn’t have worked.
    😎
  • No idea how reliable this is but would be a good addition

Doesn't feel like a No.1
  • Feels like we haven't had a signing in months!
  • Have squad numbers been released yet?
  • Ferryman said:
    No idea how reliable this is but would be a good addition

Doesn't feel like a No.1
    Why not? Collins has a lot of Championship experience. 28 games last season for a team that finished 9th. 

Think either of the Coventry keepers would be decent signings. They’ve signed one so seems certain one of Collins or Wilson will move on, seemingly the former. 
    strangely i was chatting to a cov friend last night about our struggle to find a goalkeeper and he mentioned that one of their spares would be a good fit
  • Ferryman said:
    No idea how reliable this is but would be a good addition

Doesn't feel like a No.1
    Why not? Collins has a lot of Championship experience. 28 games last season for a team that finished 9th. 

Think either of the Coventry keepers would be decent signings. They’ve signed one so seems certain one of Collins or Wilson will move on, seemingly the former. 
    That sounds better.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!