Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision 2024

Comments

• Options
    Me and the Mrs have a tenner on Switzerland. With UK Ukraine Italy and Ireland in the top 10 at 50-1. It’s the only way to keep interest. 
    I've got a tenner on Croatia, but wont be surprised if its Switzerland
  • Options
    Lovely fishnets Spain
  • Options
    Ignore the dancers bums for a moment but I think Spain could actually do quite well. Catchy and very typical Eurovision.
  • Options
    Jumping into forward splits in a thong basque, not for me.
  • Options
    edited May 11
    MrOneLung said:
    Ireland withdrew anyway on a fit of pique about comments by Israeli television about their act. 
    Eh? They were in the parade of entrants at the beginning of the show.
    PSA announcement - the BBC subtitles have translations of the foreign language songs, if ever so slightly delayed. It's coming in very handy for this Spanish song.
  • Options
    Same age as Kylie!
  • Options
    What’s Vsauce doing with the Estonia band?
  • Options
    Estonia, saw the suits and was hoping for The Hives, but got a weird mash up of crap musical styles.
  • Options
    From the translation, this sounds like they're the Estonian Goldie Lookin Chain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not too keen on Spain!
  • Options
    edited May 11
    “Hey Vsauce Michael here!”

• Options
    Graham Norton: "Estonia - like a stag do got out of hand"
  • Options
    Maleficent has arrived.
  • Options
    WTAF?
  • Options
    Loving Estonia, my fave so far.
  • Options
    edited May 11
    My 21 year old daughter has promised to tell me when it has ended so I can come out from behind the settee.
  • Options
    Certainly a step up from "My Lovely Horse"
  • Options
    I shouldn't have taken acid before watching the Ireland act....
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Ireland withdrew anyway on a fit of pique about comments by Israeli television about their act. 
    Eh? They were in the parade of entrants at the beginning of the show.
    PSA announcement - the BBC subtitles have translations of the foreign language songs, if ever so slightly delayed. It's coming in very handy for this Spanish song.
    I misread - they only withdrew from the final dress rehearsal 

from BBC

Earlier, the Irish contestant Bambie Thug withdrew entirely from the dress rehearsal, after raising a complaint about coverage of their performance on Israeli television. 

The singer, who is non-binary, said comments made during coverage of their performance at Tuesday's semi-final breached the competition's rules. 

Israeli TV station KAN referred to a "controversy" over Bambie Thug's song, whose lyrics reference witchcraft and the occult, then noted that the performer had "spoken negatively about Israel".

"But we can talk about that later," their commentator said. "Prepare your curses."

The comment may have been a reference to a lyric in Bambie Thug's song, where they put a hex on an ex-boyfriend, but the singer felt it had crossed a line.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great job Ireland
  • Options
    Spain have got a chance with that one 
  • Options
    Even my Dog just barked watching that
  • Options
    Estonia get my vote. 
  • Options
    Not my cup of tea but at least it was something different from Ireland, it will do well.
  • Options
    Didn’t realise Gru from Despicable Me was Latvian.
  • Options
    MK or Wimbledon?
  • Options
    It’s only Eurovision that can start a household debate about how someone which such long nails can wipe their arse.
  • Options
    The problem I have with the quieter songs is that there's a small local music festival going on nearby, so I have to turn the volume up higher than normal to hear the words. Then Ireland happened 😱
  • Options
    He can sing but he reminds me of a football manager.