Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• England

• Jos Buttler (c), Captain (wk), Wicket Keeper
    • Phil Salt
    • Will Jacks
    • Jonny Bairstow
    • Harry Brook
    • Moeen Ali
    • Liam Livingstone
    • Chris Jordan
    • Jofra Archer
    • Adil Rashid
    • Mark Wood

Scotland

• George Munsey
    • Michael Jones
    • Brandon McMullen
    • Richie Berrington (c), Captain
    • Matthew Cross (wk), Wicket Keeper
    • Michael Leask
    • Chris Greaves
    • Mark Watt
    • Chris Sole
    • Brad Wheal
    • Brad Currie

Scotland won the toss and decided to bat
    Start Time: 

• The start has been delayed by rain.
  • what a farce
  • what a farce
    I've seen bigger damp patches than that.
    Never stopped me playing 😉
  • Play expected to start at 16.25.
  • I've got a bigger damp spot than that in my underwear ...
  • Now we know why England's warm up games were at home, when it was likely to rain. 

• Local crowd loving Jofra Archer
  • One of my biggest pet hates in cricket - no balls even more so when they cost wicket. 
  • Such a sloppy start. Poor in the field and with the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the balance of our side right? No fourth seamer means that we have no one to turn to, if and when, one of the other three are under the cosh. We're already having to "find" overs from a combination of Livingstone and Moeen so surely there is an argument for having Sam Curran in the side too? Appreciate that does mean leaving out one of Salt, Bairstow, Jacks or Brook but this is T20 and not 50 over cricket and we will still bat a long way down even with Curran in the side. In fact, he was skipper in the IPL and batted in various positions including at 5 when, in his final game, he hit 63* off 41. 
  • edited June 4
    There is another game taking place at the moment Netherlands v Nepal being shown live on SKY sports action,
    latest score Nepal 10 for 0 after 1.3 overs, Netherlands won the toss & decided to field.
  • Is the balance of our side right? No fourth seamer means that we have no one to turn to, if and when, one of the other three are under the cosh. We're already having to "find" overs from a combination of Livingstone and Moeen so surely there is an argument for having Sam Curran in the side too? Appreciate that does mean leaving out one of Salt, Bairstow, Jacks or Brook but this is T20 and not 50 over cricket and we will still bat a long way down even with Curran in the side. In fact, he was skipper in the IPL and batted in various positions including at 5 when, in his final game, he hit 63* off 41. 
    I think Topley is incredibly unlucky not to be playing today. Left arm from height offers something so different to the rest. Curran's bowling worries me on smaller grounds as he has a tendency to go round the park. Gets away with it in Oz as the playing area is so large. 
    I think Topley is incredibly unlucky not to be playing today. Left arm from height offers something so different to the rest. Curran's bowling worries me on smaller grounds as he has a tendency to go round the park. Gets away with it in Oz as the playing area is so large. 
    Possibly so though many of the IPL are small hence the massive scores. Curran took 16 wickets @ an average of 26.00 with an ER of 10.14. That is comparable to the likes of Russell, Cummins. Starc and Siraj. He also averaged 27.00 with the bat. Agree with Topley but we would have to leave out Wood or Archer to accommodate him whereas Curran offers that left arm option too.  
  • Nepal 53 for 4 after 10 overs.
  • England v Scotland update
    The cut-off time to start a five-over slog is 14:52 local time - 19:52 BST.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/live/cd1152zl7w8t

• England Vs Scotland and it's raining.

Should have played it in Manchester  :D
  • If Scotland don't bat further, here are England's targets based on the overs the game could be reduced to:

In a five-over chase, the target would be 66, while they would need 77 if it were to be six overs.

• Nepal 106 all out after 19.2 overs
  • clive said:

If Scotland don't bat further, here are England's targets based on the overs the game could be reduced to:

In a five-over chase, the target would be 66, while they would need 77 if it were to be six overs.

With 10 wickets that would be a walk in the park. 
  • Sponsored links:

The umpires are going for another inspection in around five minutes.
  • 10 overs per side
    A 10-over per side match will begin in 20 minutes.
  • England v Scotland match resumes very shortly.
  • Poor over from Rashid
  • " Spitfire " George making it look easy.
  • Followed by a great over from Rashid
  • 90-0 from 10 Scottish overs

Target 109
  • Do England get less power play overs, or the same amount as Scotland?

• More rain!!!