Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• Get your money on no result!
  • Netherlands 52 for 2 after 10 overs
  • Can someone explain why there is a cut off of 2.52pm they still have the rest of the day? 
  • No result is today's result.
  • Can someone explain why there is a cut off of 2.52pm they still have the rest of the day? 
    I'm guessing it's to do with making sure each match has the same time window of time to complete
  • As someone relatively new to this and starting to take an interest i'm baffled by all this really - is there any other sport in the world where the length of the game gets shortened like this due to weather? Like imagine you paid to see Charlton V Barnsley or something and got told "due to the weather we are only doing 30 minutes a half, oh and because Barnsley scored before the weather kicked in Charlton will need to score 3 to win" Or You watched Nadal v Federer and get told "oh sorry everyone we are only going best of 3 sets now.

It's almost impossible to follow for a new comer and a bit pointless as it just seems nonsensical for what is a (relatively) short game - either play the bloody game when the weather clears up or call it off.
  • 04 Jun 24 ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 6
    Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

ENGLAND

Did not bat

SCOTLAND

90/0 (10.0)
    Match Abandoned

ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 7
    Grand Prairie Cricket Stadium, Dallas

NETHERLANDS

109/4 (18.4)

NEPAL

106 (19.2)
    Netherlands beat Nepal by 6 wickets
  • This tournament was SO much better when the minnows did a prequalifying round 
  • (although the tournament proper became a bat-second tournament to the point of completely ruining it) 
  • A washout against Oman could leave England struggling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh I now understand why we had those war up matches in the UK.....to get used to games being rained off....😀.
  • As someone relatively new to this and starting to take an interest i'm baffled by all this really - is there any other sport in the world where the length of the game gets shortened like this due to weather? Like imagine you paid to see Charlton V Barnsley or something and got told "due to the weather we are only doing 30 minutes a half, oh and because Barnsley scored before the weather kicked in Charlton will need to score 3 to win" Or You watched Nadal v Federer and get told "oh sorry everyone we are only going best of 3 sets now.

It's almost impossible to follow for a new comer and a bit pointless as it just seems nonsensical for what is a (relatively) short game - either play the bloody game when the weather clears up or call it off.
    I know, doesn't make sense. 

I think its mainly due to time constraints & having to pay security staff etc etc. I expect they cant wait indefinitely for the rain to stop but you'd think with only 40 overs needing to be bowled then there would be more time set aside. Or maybe start the matches earlier 🤷‍♂️.

Its gets worse if you are watching a Test match. Sit around all day for the rain to stop & when play finally begins at 5pm they then tell you it's going to stop at 7pm, even though in mid summer its light past 9pm & most grounds have floodlights as well  
  • I've got a bigger damp spot than that in my underwear ...
    Did we need to know that
  • 2 out of the 4 warm up matches washed out, most of yesterday's game washed out, England will be slightly rusty when they play Australia on Saturday.
  • India v Ireland starts at 15.30, India won the toss & decided to field.
  • 2 out of the 4 warm up matches washed out, most of yesterday's game washed out, England will be slightly rusty when they play Australia on Saturday.
    Literally
  • These US pitches are ridiculously difficult to bat on 
  • Good to see a Kent player doing so well though!
  • There are going to be a few broken fingers in the US. It is hard enough to bat against world class seamers but when the pitch encourages such blatant tennis ball bounce, the job becomes virtually impossible.   
  • edited June 5
    28-3 off 6.5 overs with just 18 of those off the bat
  • Sponsored links:

• Ireland will be out for less than 100.
    They have no answer against this attack on this wicket 
    44-5 off 9

To be fair to Ireland I think most teams would struggle on this pitch. It's not a coincidence that we are in the 10th over and no spinners have been used to date. As I said yesterday, there are times when we will need four seamers which is a worry given we only picked three yesterday. Ireland's seam attack is nothing like as potent as India's but it will still be interesting to see whether they can trouble the likes of Kohli on it. 
  • 49-6 off 10
  • 52-8 off 12. Just 42 off the bat from 72 balls
  • 97 all out off 16 overs mainly thanks to a swashbuckling 26 off 14 from Delany. The rest of the side made just 55 off 83 balls. 
    Not the hardest prediction I've made. 
    In all honesty Ireland done well to get close. 
    I'm glad England are not playing on these wickets they are not good enough full stop.
  • Arshdeep (incredible name) going for 35 runs off 4 and the rest of their bowlers going for only 59 off 12.

I know, doesn't make sense. 

I think its mainly due to time constraints & having to pay security staff etc etc. I expect they cant wait indefinitely for the rain to stop but you'd think with only 40 overs needing to be bowled then there would be more time set aside. Or maybe start the matches earlier 🤷‍♂️.

Its gets worse if you are watching a Test match. Sit around all day for the rain to stop & when play finally begins at 5pm they then tell you it's going to stop at 7pm, even though in mid summer its light past 9pm & most grounds have floodlights as well  
    this with bells on - and for that we have to thank ECB's total submission of all integrity to the dirty tax dodging Sky TV money
  • Scheduling a global tournament in the Caribbean just as the wet season begins is top drawer ICC idiocy
    Scheduling games to start midday/early afternoon in Barbados in June is another level stupid

Grateful for small mercies: at least the 2nd deluge at Bridgetown saved England from a humiliating loss to the Irish.
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Scheduling a global tournament in the Caribbean just as the wet season begins is top drawer ICC idiocy
    Scheduling games to start midday/early afternoon in Barbados in June is another level stupid

Grateful for small mercies: at least the 2nd deluge at Bridgetown saved England from a humiliating loss to the Irish.
    It could have been worse. It could have been Scotland  ;)