Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Bosnia (C4) - KO: 7:45pm

Comments

• Why Pickford though?
    Surely we should be giving another keeper a go?
    I wholly agree. Def the weak position in the team. 
  • Be nice to see if we have any strength in depth I suppose
  • edited June 3
    I doubt more than two of those will start the first game in the euros . I’m not complaining as I think these two extra games are utterly pointless. 
  • Why Pickford though?
    Agreed. I guess the reason might be that Southgate wants some England experience behind an inexperienced (in international terms) centre back pairing.
  • Why Pickford though?
    Agreed. I guess the reason might be that Southgate wants some England experience behind an inexperienced (in international terms) centre back pairing.
    But it’s a friendly.
    If something happens to Pickford, we’ve not tested either of the other two & they’ve had hardly any game time 🫣
  • I doubt more than two of those will start the first game in the euros . I’m not complaining as I think these two extra games are utterly pointless. 
    There's more point playing the backups and deciding who should go than playing Kane, Rice etc.
  • Interesting that the Bosnia manager is taking charge of his first ever game as a manager. On that basis, I'm putting my name forward to succeed Southgate.
  • Getting difficult to leave Eze out the final squad at this rate
    Players always seem to do their best for England when they're fresh into the squad. In that sense it's hard to leave out Eze, Gordon and Plamer as they haven't been ground down yet. Hard to get them all in though with Saka and Foden sure picks
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing depth that Grealish and Maddison are on the bench, and not because they are being protected, when Rashford, Sancho and Sterling haven't even made this squad.
  • edited June 3
    what a load of shit.
  • Amazing depth that Grealish and Maddison are on the bench, and not because they are being protected, when Rashford, Sancho and Sterling haven't even made this squad.
    I appreciate that he's still only 29 but I think we've seen the last of Sterling in an England shirt for the reasons you've suggested in terms of the strength of the squad and certainly all the time Southgate is in charge. In fact, I could see him going to Dubai sooner rather than later and he would then be very much "out of sight, out of mind".
  • Slight concern that we're struggling to break down a team that are packing their box defensively.

Suspect we'll have to deal with that in the Group games, however our line up for those matches should look very different - Difficult one, as those out there need to show they deserve a place, whilst avoiding injury.
  • You take Kane out your side (which we have the last 4/5 games) it completely upsets the whole attacking balance. These sides sit back and Kane is the expert at playing against them. Watkins has had 3 touches and they’ve all been shite. 

I hate these games.
  • Need to move the ball faster. Eze is the only one who has stood out. But even he needs to look up a bit more and release earlier. 
  • Konsa is an uninspiring right back in a game like this when you hardly need to defend. He doesn't provide any attacking width.
  • This team is the image of the manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yay! Konsa gets us a penalty!
  • Looked like it was the England player who was pulling the shirt there
  • Really surprised that there is VAR for this game, and we didnt get a penalty in the first half when Watkins was held back, prior to getting a shot away
  • McBobbin said:
    Looked like it was the England player who was pulling the shirt there
    How?
  • Interested to see how Branthwaite and Wharton get on now they’re in the game.
  • Load of arms flailing around.

Highlight of the game so far is Kane's face when someone else took and scored a penalty 
  • Been much much better second half
  • What a pass that was, Maddison really should have made it 2-0