Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Bosnia (C4) - KO: 7:45pm

13»

Comments

• Hate to say it but their scouting in recent years has been impressive.

Eze, Olise, Wharton, Guehi and Mateta combined cost less than United paid for Antony.
    Don't take too much notice of them, but always presumed most of these were Palace academy players, hadn't realised they bought them. 
  • edited June 5
    Hate to say it but their scouting in recent years has been impressive.

Eze, Olise, Wharton, Guehi and Mateta combined cost less than United paid for Antony.
    Don't take too much notice of them, but always presumed most of these were Palace academy players, hadn't realised they bought them. 
    Academy players is an area they seem to struggle with. Tyrick Mitchell is the most recent one to establish himself (actually surprised he didn't make the Euro squad given our lack of left backs) but before that i can only think of Wan-Bissaka about 7-8 years ago. Although of course at Premier league level it's much harder for academy players to come through.

My mates Dad is a sth at smellhurst,hes resigned to the fact that most,if not all of these will be going this summer albeit for tidy sums. Hate to say it but its impressive work from their recruitment team🙄
  • That's why Dougie Freedman their Sporting Director is much sought after I guess.
  • All of those players barring Mateta, I cant think where he came from, were the best players in the championship when they signed them, we used to do the exact same thing. They paid big money for them as well so I wouldn't be putting Freedman down as a scouting prodigy just yet. 

• Carter said:
    All of those players barring Mateta, I cant think where he came from, were the best players in the championship when they signed them, we used to do the exact same thing. They paid big money for them as well so I wouldn't be putting Freedman down as a scouting prodigy just yet. 

Other clubs though could have bought them, but didn't.

In January this year their fans were bemoaning their lack of scouting and holding up banners protesting against lack of progress.  Funny old game.