Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v 🇸🇰 Slovakia

Comments

• Think I've seen Charlton represented at every game so far 👏 👏 👏 
  • Slovakia have a 37 year old Right back but Southgate doesn't play Gordon on the Left to try to go on the outside as well as cutting in.
    37 is too young. Too big a risk. 73 might persuade him. Only might.

• Can we bin off Southgate before kick off please #clown
  • MrBurns said:

Can we bin off Southgate before kick off please #clown
    Any precedent for sacking a coach mid tournament?
  • Slovakia have a 37 year old Right back but Southgate doesn't play Gordon on the Left to try to go on the outside as well as cutting in.
    37 is too young. Too big a risk. 73 might persuade him. Only might.

It's not just that the guy is 37 but Ben Watson ran past him a few years past 😟
  • They need to play like they do for their clubs. Freedom, free flowing football. As opposed to CAFC back and forth across the back. Take the game to them and give them the headache to defend.
  • We need a performance today. I think he won't change it until it works and then he'll feel he has the freedom to tweak stuff without getting accused of being forced into it. That's all I can think of really with us having Bellingham, Foden and Kane playing within the same yard again. Hopefully we'll get into an early 2-0 lead and we can give Saka a rest and change things up enough for new players to stake a realistic claim for starting next game. I'd take a nervy 1-0 though, just get a win
  • Shite lineup yet again, not playing a left winger again. Someone said, we are playing on 70% of the field. 
  • Sums it up nicely 
  • MrBurns said:

Can we bin off Southgate before kick off please #clown
    Any precedent for sacking a coach mid tournament?
    AFCON - Ivory Coast did, then won.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 30
    My record this tournament before i've had to walk away for my own mental and physical health, is 7 minutes.

There is something that universally pisses me off about watching England and Charlton for that matter.

2-1 England.
  • My record this tournament before i've had to walk away for my own mental and physical health, is 7 minutes.

There is something that universally pisses me off about watching England and Charlton for that matter.

2-1 England.

Soapy, please give the lads 10 minutes today before watching 'Flog it' on BBC 2.
  • edited June 30
    I hope we give Shaw half an hour to get him match fit for a possible Quarter final. 
    It's ridiculous that our only proper LB hasn't played for 4 months, and will be hopelessly lacking in match fitness, even if he's over his injury.
  • 0-0 out on Penalties 
  • On a run way about to take off and miss the lot.  😭
  • On a run way about to take off and miss the lot.  😭
    Lucky sod... No need to rub it in!!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Deffo getting old. 

My 13 year old has gone to the pub to watch the match. 
    I am settling down on the sofa 
    Im settling down behind the sofa.
  • It’s-coming-home-sour. 
  • Sponsored links:

• the only "continuity" that this team has in this tournament is a not loosing mentality which is not good enough for today's match
  • Remember, we've only got one KO win in the Euros on foreign soil...
  • Dull uninspiring selection. Reflection of the manager's lack of personality and his complete reluctance to recognise the shite that's been served up for 2.5 games.

Can see this going to penalties and the inevitable happening.
  • Just realised we've been shit since we let Powell go and replaced him with Hasselbaink. Why are we surprised?
  • The anthem actually sung in time, that must be a good sign.
  • It’s-coming-home-sour. 
    On the Slippery Nipples, Stupot?
  • Just realised we've been shit since we let Powell go and replaced him with Hasselbaink. Why are we surprised?

Too right, bin off Jimmy and get Sit Chris back where he belongs.
  • Does that kick-off clanging off Kane's head count as a shot on target?
  • FFS Tripper