Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v 🇸🇰 Slovakia

Comments

• Posting without reading as I've been watching the game. 
    Utter Utter shit
  • Booooooooooooooooo
  • I’m 42, so I’ve seen my fair share of shambolic England performances at international tournaments, but if they don’t dig themselves out of this mess then this will go down as the worst ever and by a bit of a distance.

You can argue we over rate ourselves sometimes, and there may be something in that, but to have the talent we have and look so consistently laboured against mid to low ranking teams like Serbia, Denmark, Slovenia, and Slovakia, fuck me it’s bad. 
    Iceland in 2016 was just as bad.
  • Even Appleton's Charlton wasn't this bad ;) 
  • I would even welcome one of Colin's transfer updates over watching that.
  • Mainoo probably been our best player, and that's a very low bar. 

Watch Southgate sub him off. 
  • Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, backwards.
    There’s actually one too many sideways pass there, that’s kind of positive for Southgate…
  • We've spent years asking for players to go abroad. 

Turns out that if you send them to Bundesliga they lose any footballing ability.
  • I’m so sick off 1 up front on his own think Harry Kane is done get him off and get 2 up front can’t see us scoring at moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• All the commentary, "What can Gareth Southgate do to address this in the second half?"

F**k all, or he might have addressed it in the 3.5 games we've been exactly the same so far.
  • edited June 30
    Mainoo probably been our best player, and that's a very low bar. 

Watch Southgate sub him off. 
    Well along with Guehi and Bellingham, he's one on a booking so makes some sense!!
  • Just like Charlton playing from the back. Aimless pass after aimless pass, with nobody showing from the middle, followed by the inevitable punt forward to the opposition.
  • Gribbo said:
    McBobbin said:
    Currently writing a presentation on careers in intellectual property. Thankfully, the England game can't be the shittest thing to happen today
    Farkinell Bob, can't the property write it itself if it's that clever. 

Go down the pub 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🍻
    2nd thought @McBobbin prolly better off staying home doing your presentation mate
  • Probably the worst organised England team I have seen and I have seen many. Defensively all over the place, no running upfront. Change the shape for Christ sake is so obvious.
  • edited June 30
    May I say, not really surprised with the score...anyway, Flog It is on BBC2 for anyone interested...🙄
  • It’s a better game to watch than the previous three, which doesn’t mean much.
  • Kyle Walker has clearly been told to stay back as a 3 with Stones and Guehi so that Trippier can provide width on the left.

Problem is that Trippier isn’t providing width, he’s cutting in and forcing us to be narrow, and when Saka does the same, there’s no Walker to overlap and take the defender away from him and keep the defence stretched.

If we’re not changing the personnel, simple solution is to make Foden stay out wide and Tripper to stay back as the 3, with Walker overlapping.
  • I didn't realise Kishishev is Slovakia's manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boooooo
  • edited June 30
    I think we're out. They just don't look up for it and Southgate won't make the necessary changes. Hope i'm wrong.
  • edited June 30
    Southgate really is clueless. It beggars belief how he manages to get the best group of footballers we've had in decades playing like this. Two goals scored in three and a half games here against the combined might of Serbia (ranked 32nd in the world), Denmark (21st), Slovenia (57th) and Slovakia (45th). He's made these players look at the ball as their enemy not their friend.   
  • I thought we looked pretty handy in that third minute of injury time.
  • Pissed off because I hate seeing us exit major tournaments early

Silver living - this should be the end of the road for Gareth.
  • Anyone spot the Valley in the Sky Sports EFL ad?
  • Dont know if anybody just realised but that EFL advert played at HT was at the Valley
  • edited June 30
    How have Sky CGI'd a full Valley for that advert?
  • Biggest issue we've got now, is that Slovakia have their goal, and don't need to attack!!

We need to find a way to break them down... Gordon on down the left is probably the first option. Would be ridiculous to take Kane off, especially with the prospect of a shootout if we can only score once.
  • I think we're out. They just don't look up for it and Southgate won't make the necessary changes. Hope i'm wrong.
    I think that as well. Pressure was too much for Southgate. We’ve only scored 9 goals in last 10 matches. No belief this will get turned around.