Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v 🇸🇰 Slovakia

Going for a convincing 2 - 0 to England to kickstart their tournament.

C'mon England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Comments

• C’mon Gareth - be bold….
  • Gribbo said:
    Fumbluff said:

C’mon Gareth - be bold….
    They got a new hand rail down the Anchor now then?
    Yeah, last one had herpes
  • Will be watching in our rented villa in Bologna with my cousin's partner. My wife and my cousin will probably be swimming in the pool having more fun than me.
  • Come on England 
  • Just get the job done England... Dont care how!!
  • McBobbin said:
    Currently writing a presentation on careers in intellectual property. Thankfully, the England game can't be the shittest thing to happen today
    Farkinell Bob, can't the property write it itself if it's that clever. 

Go down the pub 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🍻
    In 90 minutes please lads, don’t think I can do extra time and penalties against Slovakia……
    In 90 minutes please lads, don’t think I can do extra time and penalties against Slovakia……
    Why would you do that to me?
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-1
    Lose on penalties
  • MrOneLung said:
    Will be watching in our rented villa in Bologna with my cousin's partner. My wife and my cousin will probably be swimming in the pool having more fun than me.
    Might wanna have a word with your cousin mate ! 
    You never know - he might be into it.
  • edited June 30
    I'm fairly confident we'll win this afternoon. I'm less confident the performance will be inspiring though, or about how we'll do against the Swiss.
  • I'm fairly confident we'll win this afternoon. I'm less confident the performance will be inspiring though, or about how we'll do against the Swiss.

We'll get rolled over.
  • Same team as we started second half in last game
  • Il give it 10mins,see how it’s playing out then might want to paint a wall & watch that dry instead…

cmon England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 
  • I hope we give Shaw half an hour to get him match fit for a possible Quarter final. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be watching in our rented villa in Bologna with my cousin's partner. My wife and my cousin will probably be swimming in the pool having more fun than me.

Wish you were here!

Our 4th game in this tournament and over the years we normally have one 'Netherlands' moment - Euro 96 not the nightmare under Robson in 98 when we lost to ROI, and Soviet Union after losing to the Brilliant Dutch.

Think we will win and then have a chance to play the excellent Swiss.

Can England and entertainment join up for the feel good factor ? 
  • I hope we give Shaw half an hour to get him match fit for a possible Quarter final. 
    Ideally when we're 2-0 or 3-0 up
  • Probably deserves his start after last game but really thought we should've made more changes across the team. 

Foden, Trippier and Kane really need to repay Southgate's faith in them. 
  • So Bellingham alongside Rice with licence to go forward, Gordon on the left and Foden at 10 isn’t as obvious as it sounds then 🤷‍♂️
  • edited June 30
    The lack of threat from the left worries me which might make it easier to defend against us overall. They beat Belgium so can't be a bad side. Let's wait and see. We have the players and whilst with Southgate we are asking them to win it with a hand tied behind their backs, they can still do it despite him. We just have to accept he is a negative manager and has been for years so it isn't going to change. 
  • Really simple switch compared to the last game (assuming it is 433 with Bellingham deeper) is to have Bellingham slightly to the right of midfield rather than left that way when foden cuts in from the left they aren't in the same space.

I still think Gordon should be starting, and Palmer for that matter but hope Gareth is more aggressive with his subs this time out.
  • edited June 30
    For me; it ain't so much the starting line-up, it's having the confidence / bottle to change and swap it about a bit AS SOON AS it looks as dire as it has in the last 3 games at least.

C'mon Gareth 'ol son 

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • edited June 30
    Gribbo said:
    For me; it ain't so much the starting line-up, it's having the confidence / bottle to change and swap it about it a bit AS SOON AS it looks as dire as it has in the last 3 games at least.

C'mon Gareth 'ol son 

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    True, the option is still there to change it when/if it isn't working. He tends to act late with changes too IMO.
  • Probably deserves his start after last game but really thought we should've made more changes across the team. 

Foden, Trippier and Kane really need to repay Southgate's faith in them. 
    100% this. Baffles me how little he changes a team that clearly isn’t performing 
  • Slovakia have a 37 year old Right back but Southgate doesn't play Gordon on the Left to try to go on the outside as well as cutting in.