Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

F A Cup 24/25 - 1st round draw - Southend away

The fourth qualifying round draw has been made this afternoon.

The Draw

NORTH (30 CLUBS, 15 TIES)

1 Rushall Olympic v Royston Town or Peterborough Sports
2 Tamworth v Macclesfield Town
3 Oldham Athletic v FC Halifax Town
4 Hartlepool United v Brackley Town
5 Farsley Celtic v Kettering Town
6 Altrincham v Solihull Moors
7 AFC Fylde v Rochdale
8 Scarborough Athletic v Stockton Town or Chester
9 Biggleswade v York City
10 Harborough Town v Bury
11 Curzon Ashton v Worksop Town or Kings Lynn Town
12 Gainsborough Trinity v Boston United
13 Shifnal Town or Hednesford Town v Gateshead
14 Biggleswade Town or Alfreton Town v Spennymoor Town
15 Buxton or Kidderminster Harriers v Guiseley

SOUTH (34 clubs, 17 TIES)

16 Taunton Town v Maidenhead United
Margate or Horsham v Gorleston
18 Aldershot Town v Bath City
19 Eastleigh v Southend United
20 Chertsey Town v Sutton United
21 Boreham Wood v Carshalton Athletic
22 Haringey Borough or Lowestoft Town v Chippenham Town or Weston Super Mare
23 Wealdstone v Gosport Borough
24 Leiston or Hornchurch v Dagenham & Redbridge
25 Barnet v Chelmsford City
26 Bishop’s Cleeve or Chesham United v Yeovil Town
27 Cray Wanderers v Tonbridge Angels
28 Woking v Slough Town
29 Forest Green Rovers v Winchester City or Weymouth
30 Maidstone United v Ebbsfleet United
31 Plymouth Parkway v Worthing
32 Braintree Town v Bishop's Stortford

Ties in the fourth round qualifying will take place on the weekend of Saturday 12 October, with winning clubs picking up £9375 from the competition prize fund and £3150 for the losing clubs.
https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup

Charlton enter in the next round [1st round] which will be played the weekend of 2nd November, the draw for this will be on Monday 14th October at 19.00.

Comments

• Stones v the fleet and the flamingos v the angels big matches. 
  • we'll probably get Cray Wanderers at Flamingo Park
  • For reference... the lowest clubs (beyond the National League) are:

Level 9: Bury - Shifnal Town (TBC)
    Level 8: Gorleston - Biggleswade - Hednesford Town (TBC) - Haringey Borough (TBC) - Margate (TBC) - Bishop's Cleeve (TBC)
    Level 7: 12-confirmed sides | 7-possible sides
  • My Local team Biggleswade Town drew Spennymoor Town at home and that's if we beat Alfreton at home which was called off because the pitch is underwater. Can't see that going ahead tomorrow night either. 
  • For reference... the lowest clubs (beyond the National League) are:

Level 9: Bury - Shifnal Town (TBC)
    Level 8: Gorleston - Biggleswade - Hednesford Town (TBC) - Haringey Borough (TBC) - Margate (TBC) - Bishop's Cleeve (TBC)
    Level 7: 12-confirmed sides | 7-possible sides
    Gonna say never heard of Shifnal Town. 
  • edited September 30
    Not many teams in the Southern half that we've played before in a competitive game.
  • Sadly Dartford went out at Worthing, so no chance of a game at the very familiar Princes Park.
  • Margate away in the first round.

Proper Jolly Boys Outing
  • TV companies will be calling it the Thames Estuary derby.
  • Am assuming Bury is the phoenix club? Huge for them to reach first round 
  • Sponsored links:

• we'll probably get Cray Wanderers at Flamingo Park
    Or Stevenage away.
  • Am assuming Bury is the phoenix club? Huge for them to reach first round 
    Macclesfield are also making a comeback. Big for them if they can make the 1st round too.
  • Biggleswade away to re visit our floodlights.
  • edited October 1
    Ok, train spotters and location, location fans?

If Hornchurch beat Leiston, they will play a local derby against Dagenham which is less than 5 miles away.

The question:  Are any of the ties in North or South closer than "Just in Essex derby" 🤔
  • Saw Oldham are in this round, now that surprised me, a team naturally of the EFL. I know how bad we feel about our decline, but imagine being an Oldham fan who once graced the 2nd tier!

Wasn't it them who we were playing when the game was abandoned because our pitch was flooded? 3-0 down at half time?
  • edited October 1
    Ok, train spotters and location, location fans?

If Hornchurch beat Leiston, they will play a local derby against Dagenham which is less than 5 miles away.

The question:  Are any of the ties in North or South closer than "Just in Essex derby" 🤔
    Or the 'not quite in Essex derby' to pedants like me (see countless previous discussions about whether Bromley is in Kent)
  • Kap10 said:
    Saw Oldham are in this round, now that surprised me, a team naturally of the EFL. I know how bad we feel about our decline, but imagine being an Oldham fan who once graced the 2nd tier!

Wasn't it them who we were playing when the game was abandoned because our pitch was flooded? 3-0 down at half time?

I'm testing my old memory again Kap, but I was there at this game and I'm sure it was Doncaster Rovers and 1-3 when the game was called off at HT and we had reached 4.45pm !

• Sponsored links:

• My Local team Biggleswade Town drew Spennymoor Town at home and that's if we beat Alfreton at home which was called off because the pitch is underwater. Can't see that going ahead tomorrow night either. 
    Biggleswade FC have York City - by far the biggest game in their short history. Sadly they currently ground share with Bedford Town, but at least the capacity of 3000 will make it a decent payday for them. 

I don't think our old floodlights exist anymore, unless Biggleswade Town took them with them when they moved ground in 2006?  
  • iaitch said:
    Kap10 said:
    Saw Oldham are in this round, now that surprised me, a team naturally of the EFL. I know how bad we feel about our decline, but imagine being an Oldham fan who once graced the 2nd tier!

Oldham were founder members of the Premier League in 1992, got relegated two years later.
    I think that was Doncaster? 
  • Kap10 said:

I'm testing my old memory again Kap, but I was there at this game and I'm sure it was Doncaster Rovers and 1-3 when the game was called off at HT and we had reached 4.45pm !

I think you are right! In my defence ... OK I haven't got one just getting old 🧓
    Biggleswade FC have York City - by far the biggest game in their short history. Sadly they currently ground share with Bedford Town, but at least the capacity of 3000 will make it a decent payday for them. 

I don't think our old floodlights exist anymore, unless Biggleswade Town took them with them when they moved ground in 2006?  
    I notice there are two Biggleswade's in the draw. Football hotbed.
  • seth plum said:
    My Local team Biggleswade Town drew Spennymoor Town at home and that's if we beat Alfreton at home which was called off because the pitch is underwater. Can't see that going ahead tomorrow night either. 

I notice there are two Biggleswade's in the draw. Football hotbed.
    The third club in town (Biggleswade Utd) got knocked out by Enfield in the first preliminary round. I don't think there's a smaller town that can claim three semi-pro sides. It hasn't got much else going for it to be fair...   
  • Isnt Biggleswade United's chairman Guillem Balague the Spanish football journalist? Seem to remember them having a couple of Spanish managers too because of it? 
  • edited October 4
    Three clubs in a town with a posted population of 23,000 is impressive.

Birthplace of Charles Penrose who created a popular song detailing police corruption.

#If you chance to meet him (the policeman)
    When walking ‘round the town
    Just shake him by his fat old hand
    And give him half a crown#

(adjust for inflation)

https://biggleswadetowncouncil.gov.uk/about-the-council/biggleswade-history/

• MarcusH26 said:
    Isnt Biggleswade United's chairman Guillem Balague the Spanish football journalist? Seem to remember them having a couple of Spanish managers too because of it? 
    He is indeed. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Isnt Biggleswade United's chairman Guillem Balague the Spanish football journalist? Seem to remember them having a couple of Spanish managers too because of it? 
    Very random, how did that come about?
  • Kap10 said:

Remember ground staff using brooms to sweep the water off the pitch and Johnnie Jackson grabbed one and was sweeping it back on.