Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

F A Cup 24/25 - 1st round draw - Southend away

Comments

• edited October 13
    Some huge banana skins in there. I hate getting drawn against non league teams. Hiding to nothing.
  • edited October 13
    Maidstone, Southend, York or Daggers 

(Away)
  • Off_it said:
    Some huge banana skins in there. I hate getting drawn against non league teams. Hiding to nothing.
    Yes there's another Northwich lurking in the draw.
  • iaitch said:
    Off_it said:
    Yes there's another Northwich lurking in the draw.
    Noooooooo
  • Someone relatively easy that our second string can smash please
  • It's going to be Southend away, and we can all guess which Southend player will be on the scoresheet.
  • Could come up against Nile Ranger and Marvin Sordell if drawn to play Kettering.
  • Sponsored links:

• York is the non league banana skin for me , spent big under new owners , playing attacking attractive football and I'm sure they'd fancy turning a League 1 side over. 
  • swordfish said:
    Could come up against Nile Ranger and Marvin Sordell if drawn to play Kettering.
    Didnt realise that Sordell was back playing again, good to see given his Mental Health problems that he's spoken about 
    Came out of retirement in Sept and signed for Kettering, but hasn't featured yet as far as I can tell. I don't know why, but they are going well at the moment so perhaps he's having to wait for his chance.
  • 65. Chris Dicksons Horsham 
  • I’m dreaming of Charlton 0 Huddersfield 1 you know it’s coming.
  • gmantaxi said:
    I’m dreaming of Charlton 0 Huddersfield 1 you know it’s coming.
    Birmingham are the new Huddersfield, unbeaten for 40 games now and counting for the rest of the season because they are the galaticos of L1 and we’ve already played them in a cup competition this season so bound to get them again in the FA Cup.
  • And again in the BSM Final.
  • iaitch said:
    And again in the BSM Final.
    Why did I read that as the BDSM final?
  • edited October 14
    clive said:
    Never mind who we get, 80 balls in the draw, I predict our number 14 will be the 77th ball drawn out of the bag tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh it's that time of year...

Embarassment Time!

• 6 hours to wait.
    Be patient girls and boys 
  • swordfish said:
    Could come up against Nile Ranger and Marvin Sordell if drawn to play Kettering.

The two 33 year old's are polar opposite characters with Marvin Sordell a quiet sensitive man who has suffered with depression. He had some good days for CAFC (Sheffield Wednesday) but also was having poor mental health during this time.

Nile Ranger a self confessed wild boy and man who was a mugger as a teen and after getting a contract at Newcastle blew it big time, and ended up in prison after having no self control. He was then ostracized and became the Lone Ranger !
  • swordfish said:

The two 33 year old's are polar opposite characters with Marvin Sordell a quiet sensitive man who has suffered with depression. He had some good days for CAFC (Sheffield Wednesday) but also was having poor mental health during this time.

Nile Ranger a self confessed wild boy and man who was a mugger as a teen and after getting a contract at Newcastle blew it big time, and ended up in prison after having no self control. He was then ostracized and became the Lone Ranger !
    To be fair to Ranger he’s done some very good interviews in the last week or so talking about his mistakes, worth a watch 
  • fenaddick said:
    swordfish said:

To be fair to Ranger he’s done some very good interviews in the last week or so talking about his mistakes, worth a watch 
    Yeah he's one Footballer I've never had time for, when SwordFish mentioned him on another thread, I went and did some research as had forgotten all about him and didnt realise he was still playing, so curious to see how he'd ended up at Kettering - Did a very good Interview with the BBC to be fair

Doesnt try and pretend as though he was innocent / the victim at any stage.
  • fenaddick said:
    swordfish said:

Yes, I have read an interview that Nile Ranger has done and maybe he is a reformed character at 33 but the Jury will be out a little longer with his CV !
  • Guaranteed to write all the headlines by scoring the winner against us now!
  • edited October 14
    If we're away to Harborough Town, that's even closer to home than Kettering for me. First time ever to have made it to the 1st round for them I believe. I even overhead some locals talking about it in the supermarket earlier, so the excitement levels are clearly off the scale 😂 Town's positively mad for it.

Kettering remain the all time leading FA Cup goal scorers I believe, with Tottenham in second. Someone might like to fact check that though because I haven't and was told it by a Poppies fan.

Edit - he was right........920
  • Bradford is a strange place to do the draw from, a big L2 team. They usually choose a minnow.
  • I wish they'd cut to the chase.