Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

F A Cup 24/25 - 1st round draw - Southend away

Comments

• I'll hard boil the eggs, who's gonna make 2,000 rounds of sarnies? Someone nip down the offie for the crates of brown ale,  and who can book the Ebdons coach?

It's Beano time!!!!

• Wrexham bound to be on the box 
  • edited October 14
    Anyone know what KO times the tv games are?
    Southend’s away capacity is reduced to 800 or so at the moment as some of the stand is deemed a health and safety risk. Hopefully this can get sorted in time as would be a shame to only 800 there
  • Southend away. I remember my last one there - Vince O’Kane sent off. I think we scraped a draw with a late goal.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Think bar Chesham hosting Lincoln, Sutton Vs Birmingham and the MK Vs AFC Wimbledon game you're struggling for TV games really. 
    I thought Bristol Rovers v Weston-super-mare was a good draw though probably better for TV if it was the other way round or a replay.
    Don’t, think the bird doing the draw, knew this was a relatively close Derby game 20 miles. 
  • That away end holds about 2,000
  • Doesn't Bonne play for them as well....Gillingham all over again.
    hearing the away end is currently closed / reduced capacity. Any local know.

proper club Southend. Hate seeing them non league 
    Birmingham too I reckon, as they're away at a Non-League side. 

@Stig down that way isn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 14
    Good draw. Really hope it's not mucked about for tv
  • It’s not reduced allocation mate it’s just that no team in that league other than Dagenham bring more than a few hundred

We should get the whole of behind the goal and maybe the corner bit if there is demand and can be segregated properly

I reckon this will be a sell out in the home end Southend’s support considering where they are has been phenomenal the last couple of seasons, their away support is unreal 
  • Roots Hall usually holds 12.5k but is currently at 8k or so due to safety reasons. FA cup regulations mean we are still entitled to 15% of capacity, so I think we will have 1/2 of the North Bank (stand behind the goal), and a little bit on the side perhaps?
  • A very decent draw and a potential fun day out. Not been to Roots Hall since the 90s.

Gillingham away last year was the worst and most spineless performance I'd seen for many years. Famous last words, but we can't be too nervous about a team 17th in the National League......
  • Message from a mate: "Part of it is closed but I think it's just the west corner"
  • Southend away. I remember my last one there - Vince O’Kane sent off. I think we scraped a draw with a late goal.
    We did, it was a Friday evening.
  • I remember our last visit there, which was in 2018 when we won 2-1. An injury time brawl saw 3 players sent off  :D 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/5b8ac14d05aa8/report-southend-united-1-charlton-2
  • Blucher said:
    A very decent draw and a potential fun day out. Not been to Roots Hall since the 90s.

Gillingham away last year was the worst and most spineless performance I'd seen for many years. Famous last words, but we can't be too nervous about a team 17th in the National League......
    Been there once when Gritt and Curbs were joint managers, Gritt played I think, Curbs got sent off from the dug out and we had a player sent off, think we won 3-2
  • Last time we played an away game at Southend early in the season we got promoted via the playoffs in May…
  • Last time we played an away game at Southend early in the season we got promoted via the playoffs in May…
    Bielik got the winner. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We've not got a bad record there, unless it's on Boxing Day. Leaburn Senior's goal in 1993 is legendary 
  • Roots Hall usually holds 12.5k but is currently at 8k or so due to safety reasons. FA cup regulations mean we are still entitled to 15% of capacity, so I think we will have 1/2 of the North Bank (stand behind the goal), and a little bit on the side perhaps?
    A little bit on the side is always welcome.
  • MK Dons v Wimbledon
    Harrogate v Wrexham
    Sutton v Birmingham

Will surely be 3 of the live games.

There's a decent shout we might be a live game as well.
    Birmingham too I reckon, as they're away at a Non-League side. 
    Wrexham and Birmingham both drawn late, TV companies gagging for them to be drawn together. 
  • Also just realised it'll have to be settled on the day as they scrapped replays didn't they?
  • MK Dons v Wimbledon
    Harrogate v Wrexham
    Sutton v Birmingham

Will surely be 3 of the live games.

There's a decent shout we might be a live game as well.
    Kettering v Northampton might get picked as well 
  • Kap10 said:
    Blucher said:
    A very decent draw and a potential fun day out. Not been to Roots Hall since the 90s.

Been there once when Gritt and Curbs were joint managers, Gritt played I think, Curbs got sent off from the dug out and we had a player sent off, think we won 3-2
    Think that was 1-1 , I’m sure we missed 2 pens as well , leaburn equalised 
  • edited October 15
    That away end holds about 2,000

@cafcsinger posted about this a little earlier. Health & safety issue currently?
  • I enjoyed the 2-1 in 2018. Great punch up right at the end. 
    ‘ Charlton netted a late winner to beat Southend in a match which saw three players sent off in stoppage time.

Referee Brett Huxtable diismissed Shrimpers duo Mark Oxley and Michael Kightly along with the Addicks' Tariqe Fosu after an 18-man brawl between the two teams.

The dramatic conclusion overshadowed a game which Charlton shaded to pick up all three points courtesy of a late header from Krystian Bielik.’

Decent side at that time, and it was still quite close.