Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many to Halifax??

Rumour has it, that it will be a Sunday kick off on itv with entry being anywhere from £10-15.

300?? 500??? 1000??

Comments

• I think they're called HBOS now......
  • Rumour has it, that it will be a Sunday kick off on itv with entry being anywhere from £10-15.

300?? 500??? 1000??
    You'll be lucky, with any of those numbers.
  • I know we're not appealing, but why such low away support. For a big club like yourselves? We get gates of 1500, but on average take 400-500 to away games.

Not having a go at you, just curious about the apathy??
  • edited October 2011
    63 and Seb doing the worm on the pitch at full-time.
  • I know we're not appealing, but why such low away support. For a big club like yourselves? We get gates of 1500, but on average take 400-500 to away games.

Cost , how much are your season tickets?
  • Apathy? You seen our record in the Cups? FA/League/JPT etc save the 87 Final of the Full Members, the FA runs in 93/94 and 2004/5 we are crap.

Northwich Vic

Dagenham and Redbridge

Blackpool

Etc etc

This may be your Cup Final but with respect fella we have bigger fish to fry. We do not want to be another Halifax Town thank you very much.

• 150 sold already so I'd say around 600
  • I'm going to try and get to the game as it's usually a good night out in Halifax
  • I know we're not appealing, but why such low away support. For a big club like yourselves? We get gates of 1500, but on average take 400-500 to away games. Not having a go at you, just curious about the apathy??
    Thing is it is a long way to go to see a match which is as close to a sure away win as you can get. Halifax is not a Leeds and though geographically close, nor is it a Huddersfield. As for your away support, Halifax is a nice town but a weekend away from the vale must be an attractive proposition. Good luck for the rest of the season excluding the FA Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know we're not appealing, but why such low away support. For a big club like yourselves? We get gates of 1500, but on average take 400-500 to away games. Not having a go at you, just curious about the apathy??
    We had Northwich away in the Cup a couple of years ago - reckon we would have taken 700-800 up there for a 3pm Saturday kick but it ended up on TV at 1pm on Sunday and I think we took a measly 250. No reflection on you lot at all - our poor away support is a popular and eagerly/aggressively debated topic of discussion on this board. I'll be there, but I can't really explain why a club that gets 15,000 at home games will struggle to take 500 to The Shay. Don't take it personally - we only took 400 to Hartlepool on Saturday. Guess we're just lazy travellers. 
  • 300 or so as it'll be a lunch time kick off on a Sunday and a nightmare to get to.

See you there Shaymendownunder?
  • Not taking it personally, and I understand we are not an attractive tie. I was just assuming you would have a core away support of 5/600+ around the country. I understand if you had drawn a southern non league team you will have taken a lot more.
  • I think it's an attractive tie!

Not even on sale yet, Henry ...unless of course you're one of the clique ?
  • Will be there with bells on. I moved from Australia a few yrs ago to Halifax, to watch my team.

Hell I remember being in oz, when your Aussie/Serb gk sasa illic??? Was a hero saving penalties..
  • Didn't you get the memo Fanny? :-)  Looking forward to this one as I never got to the Shay when Halifax were in the football league.

• Will be there with bells on. I moved from Australia a few yrs ago to Halifax, to watch my team. Hell I remember being in oz, when your Aussie/Serb gk sasa illic??? Was a hero saving penalties..
    Well done.
  • Not taking it personally, and I understand we are not an attractive tie. I was just assuming you would have a core away support of 5/600+ around the country. I understand if you had drawn a southern non league team you will have taken a lot more.
    If the trains are buggered after the game, can we all stay around yours?

Not even on sale yet, Henry ...unless of course you're one of the clique ?
    Come on, you were told when you joined that the first rule of the clique is no one talks about the clique.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi Shaymandownunder I've always had a soft spot for Halifax ever since I won the European Cup with them on Championship Manger many years back.

Chris Wilder was your manager for quite a few seasons I seem to remember, I actually remember him playing for Charlton back in the early 90's too.

I am going to try and get there depending on the train situation, but either way good luck and hope it is a good game.

• I fancy going even if it means staying over, you never know when we will play them again. Been checking train times and its difficult to get to Halifax if its a sunday 1pm ko. Just waiting for the news if its on tv and what day/time.

Mind you when we played Dagenham in the cup we were in the premiership and they were in the conference, about 5 years later we're both in League 1.

• could any of the Halifiax fans, or any well educated addicks tell me if the away end is terracing?
  • i'll be going with daughter and girlfriend so thats 3 more. excited about this one. anyone going for the weekend and taking their kids could always go to Eureka, the children's museum, before the game. it's a great place to spend a few hours. loads of hands on stuff.

i'm loving my football this year more than any other for a long, long, time. seeing 5 away wins out of 5 might have something to do with it. County, rochdale, bury, sheff utd, and hartlepool. bring on The Shay.

• Well the away end used
    To be a massive and I mean massive covered terrace. However for reasons unknown there are some issues with it(it's only 14yrs old) and is currently
    Closed. I suspect you will be housed in the all seated skircoat stand which is on one side of the pitch and holds 2200. The home fans will get our brand new east stand which holds 3500 as well as the south stand which is also massive covered terrace and holds 3200.
  • with a move on the horizon it's a no from me I'm afraid. So much crap to get rid of it's untrue, practically living down the dump !! 
  • edited October 2011
    imagehttp://imagecache.soccerway.com/venues/600x450/2498.jpg this is skircoat stand

imagehttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5083/5330749381_7b304ecba1.jpg is of the new east stand and south stand terrace. The away terrace which is where photo is taken, is a mirror image of the south stand terrace.
  • Shay, it's one of those grounds I've always wanted to go to (à la Spotland) but like that ground probably won't make it.

Since I've supported Charlton our away support has been dire but I'd reckon, percentage wish of the home gates its worse that it was twenty years ago. Apathy is correct and now includes me, although a young family may be of help!

Thankfully, to water down my disappointment you added photos as I always imagined it would never change from this:
    http://www.englishheritageimages.com/low.php?xp=media&xm=3650126

I don't disbelieve that you take 400-500 away on average. But the attendance for Saturday's game in the 4th Qualifying Round Solihull V Halifax was 551.
  • Yeah a bit of a swindle that one. More than that in ground. We
    Took around 300-350 to a game a 130miles away. We outnumbered home support.