Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Get well soon Jessie

Some of you who are friends with Stu of Yangzhou will know his mum Jessie, who is a North Stand ST holder and long-time lurker on here. Sadly Jessie had a massive stroke at the weekend and is critically ill in Kings College Hospital.

Jessie is a lovely lady. Whether you are friends with Jessie, Stu or just another poster on here, i'm sure you'll join all us here at CL in sparing some thoughts for them and praying she makes a full recovery. Stu flies back in today.

Get well Jessie, thinking of you x

Comments

• Thinking of you Jessie and you Stu all the best.
  • All the best Jessie & Stu.
  • reading the thread about stu's 'beer in a bag' and was thinking how lucky stu is, especially after avoiding that car smashing through the mcdonalds window.

hope he has a safe journey back to help his mum to a full recovery.
  • Wishing you all well.............x
  • Get well soon
  • Never fails to say hello and ask how we all are when we see Jessie in the NU. Lovely lady.

Get well soon Mrs Stu.
  • Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • Only met her you once but still shocked.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery, Jessie.
  • Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jessie.
  • Get well soon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Get well soon.
  • Get well soon Jessie.
    Stu, our thoughts are with you and your family.

Ray
  • Get well soon
  • Wishing Jessie all the best for a speedy recovery. Can't believe only saw her last week and was talking to Stu about her on here in the beer in bag thread.

Thinking of Stu, his sister and dad and sending best wishes to you all.

Suz & Dec x
  • Thank you everyone for your kind words, they really do help.

I'm not gonna lie, the last few days have been a nightmare, especially with being so far away, which means my Dad and Sister not only have to hear everything from the doctors but then have to go through it all again to relay the information to me.

Sitting for 5 hours waiting to find out if the surgery had been a success was the longest 5 hours I've ever had to endure, my friends and girlfriend did everything they could to keep my mind busy and that was a great help, for anyone who finds themselves in a similar position, don't give in to tempation and start googling what could happen, that was by far the worst thing I did, reading about many people who don't make it. Thank god for everyone is my family, my mums a fighter and made it through.

She is showing great signs of improvement I'm told she should be moved off the intensive care ward shortly, which is fantastic news.

As for me, I'm very fortunate that my boss asked no questions and has just given me as much time as I need to go back to the UK, as well as the money I needed to pay for a flight, something they certainly didn't have to do.

Once again, thanks for the kind words.
  • Get well soon
  • Pleased to hear she is improving all my best wishes
  • Stu

that has choked me up. God bless mate.
  • great news Stu - and well played your boss!
  • Best wishes mate, as AFKA says, she's a lovely lady.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news
  • Sorry to hear this stu all the best mate glad to hear things seem to be looking up
  • Glad to hear that your mum came through the surgery. Safe trip back and hope she makes a full and speedy recovery...Tel
  • Get well soon, nice to see some positive news.
  • Hoping for a speedy recovery and thinking of you and your family Stu.
  • Best wishes to you and your mum Stu
  • Pleased to hear Jessie is improving, my very best wishes to all the familiy.
  • Stu

My thoughts are with you, both my parents have had serious medical treatment this year, and it's at times like this that you realise what's truly important in life.
  • My thoughts are with you and your family stu .
  • My brother in law had a massive heart attack at Christmas, then had open heart surgery. Saw him at the weekend and he seems fitter than ever. So Stu I wish the similar for your mum, get well soon Jessie.