Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NatWest To Keep Branches Open Over Tech Hitch

Might be worth checking your bank balance if you bank with them to make sure your wages have gone in?

http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16250867

Comments

• Get paid tomorrow Slightly worried
  • Pal of mine due to be paid today, money hasn't gone in and his mortgage comes out tomorrow.
  • Wonder if they've tried Ctrl+ALt+Del
  • Mine hasnt gone in, absolute c*nts
  • Mate at work hasn't been paid. His mortgage and bills are all due. Surely NatWest must foot the bill for any late charges etc etc?
  • Just checked with Coutts and mine has gone in.
  • My bullion bars arrived safely.
  • My bullion bars peanuts arrived safely.
  • What is the point in opening branches early? Surely people cant get money still?
  • Coutts must be slipping...they never used to accept clients in Uggs!!! ;-)

Spankie - I saw this morning that NatWest/RBS have said they will ensure that no customers will remain out of pocket. People due funds from clients usually know where they are coming from and should know that in the case of NatWest, what is happening and that they will be received (eventually).
  • Sponsored links:

• Any direct debits etc that were due to go out will be paid backvalued. Your mortgage company etc would not see it as a default or late payment.
  • I was due some expenses into my account last friday and it didn't happen so I had a moan to work and was promised they'd be in this friday along with this weeks (totalling around £200) .

When they weren't there this morning I fired off a stinking email to work

Ooops
  • All our groups business facilities are down, absolute nightmare.
  • Went into branch and got cash out even though balance still said zero.
  • Have a mate who has a house sale that has stalled.

Not a good advertisement for the banks concerned or for the UK as a country.
  • Nat west have been having issues with there online banking account for weeks.
    Needs to be a investigation into this bank, as they seem to act as seperate divisions under the Nat west name.
    Gone are the days when you can ring up your branch. Outsourcing at it's worse.
    Been a customer for over 30 years, but not for much longer.
    I had already suspended my payments into the account, from an incident last month.
    Obviously they do not want my sort of custom, I suppose because I keep the account in credit, and free banking is I fear soon to be a thing of the past. Mind you free useless banking is not much use.
    Notice they were downgraded today, before all of this mess
  • Already closed two accounts there due to their incompetence. Just moving the final one now. Wouldn't touch their online banking with somebody elses' bargepole.
  • Really i bank with Natwest and have never had a problem really - not that i can remember. Ive been using their online banking for years now and find it very easy.
  • Mrs M and I worked for them for years, and their approach to customer focus changed after the take over by RBS. A simple apology for one error would have sufficed but I had to take it to the Financial Ombudsman to make my case. They are probably no better or worse than most Bank's, but you pays your money and you takes your choice. I'm pleased that you've had no problems, and hopefully not today as well.
  • Really i bank with Natwest and have never had a problem really - not that i can remember. Ive been using their online banking for years now and find it very easy.
    There 'i phone app' is developed by a third party, and had issues with the new software on my mac book pro/ new iphone. It has since been resolved
  • Sponsored links:

• "Technical glitch"...... yeah, right!! Someone, somewhere (doing the same job I do) is currently shitting bricks..
  • This is the third time in less than a year that Natwest have caused me aggro... as soon as my graduate interest free overdraft expires next June I am off-ski
  • This is the third time in less than a year that Natwest have caused me aggro... as soon as my graduate interest free overdraft expires next June I am off-ski
    Well thanks to a glitch in their system I still have my interest free overdraft. I graduated 6 years ago!

Same.
  • Paid a cheque into a LloydsTSB account on Tuesday morning: Still not cleared (The cheque was from a NatWest account).
  • all back to normal now by the looks of it
  • Not sure if it's linked but tried withdrawing cash from ATM, came back with an error, tried again and it worked, better check my account to make sure it hasn't gone through twice
  • still 'technical' issues on there website.......for some of us.
    Bit of a shambles really.
  • Natwest. Helpful Banking.

Time to change their slogan.