Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Hulse signs for Millwall

On the BBC that Rob Hulse has joined Millwall on loan for the rest of the season.

Comments

• Shame, he seemed better than that.
  • Goodbye Hulse, goodbye Hulse
  • Now that is a mother-jeffing surprise and a bloody shame. Powell seemed to rate him and hinted he'd like him back.
  • Gutted.
    Think we all know what's going to happen in March now.
  • That is really disappointing.
    He was a decent option - not necessarily an automatic pick, but very useful.
    Now he is at our most hated rivals. Gutted.
  • Yeh but just how many?
  • I really liked him.

Problem is we got him in when kerm and fuller were injured. Where would he fit in the squad now.
  • Very disappointed. Think he has a bit more to offer than Kermorgant as a target man but unfortunately one is one the payroll the other is not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted.
    Think we all know what's going to happen in March now.

My first thought. I'd like to think he wouldn't go overboard with the celebrations if he did score.

• Not really sure how he has ended up joining them when surely there was the window of opportunity for us to take him on for the rest of the season.

Then again Millwall have just sold one of their strikers so they've got that to spend on wages for Hulse (if indeed they are paying his wages that is)
  • 'Hulse, your a .....'
  • Poor man....what has he done to deserve that?
  • The bright side is that our defence have already had alot of practice in dealing with him in training
  • cafctom said:

Not really sure how he has ended up joining them when surely there was the window of opportunity for us to take him on for the rest of the season.

Then again Millwall have just sold one of their strikers so they've got that to spend on wages for Hulse (if indeed they are paying his wages that is)

I think it's clear he's only not come back here because we don't want him, can't have him or (believe) we don't need him.

Anything apart from "can't have" and I am not sure I can agree.
  • Simple facts here are:

1. We don't really need him and probably couldn't justify the extra wages on a player who might not start
    2. They've lost Wood and Henderson this month so were desperate to sign someone
  • Unfortunately I predicted this. Jackett praised him before our game at the Toolbox.

After Wood turned the Spanners down,Tyson got injured and Henderson departed it was a no brainer that Jackett would not go for Hulse for exactly the same reasons SCP did when Fuller and Kermorgant got injured.He is probably the best available Championship target man striker.Our budget probably does not stretch to a third of that type of striker which is a shame.

Rob Hulse has been for them a bit like Darren Purse for us in that he has nearly signed there twice in his career and has been linked with the Spanners during most transfer windows in recent years.

I wish him but not them the best of luck.
  • He's a decent player but I don't think millwall fans will be too happy with him signing after losing woods and Henderson
  • Sponsored links:

• We can't afford him, that's the bottom line I think.
  • If Kermogant, Fuller and BWP are all fit then I don't think he's a huge loss personally
  • If Kermogant, Fuller and BWP are all fit then I don't think he's a huge loss personally

You say that but we don't know if Fuller will be here next season and there is a very strong chance that BWP will be gone.

We are capable of winning without Haynes, but I feel so much more confident about us going forward when he is in the side. We don't have anyone with half his pace.
  • Let's be realistic here, Millwall have just lost one of the best strikers in the division in Wood and have replaced him with a journeyman - albeit a decent one - in Hulse.

They are still far worse off in losing Wood + Henderson and gaining Hulse.
  • hes a willing runner and a trier but he wont bag anyone 20 goals a season

wont replace woods or henderson ..seemed a genuine sort of guy so i wish him well
  • He'll do well for them. Odds on to score against us in March :o(
  • Let's be realistic here, Millwall have just lost one of the best strikers in the division in Wood and have replaced him with a journeyman - albeit a decent one - in Hulse.

They are still far worse off in losing Wood + Henderson and gaining Hulse.

Correct, Wood for them is far more of a loss than Hulse is for us.
  • With Haynes, BWP, Yann and Fuller fit we do not need Hulse.
    With 1 or 2 of these injured we do need him.

I think they're looking at it as if to say we look like we're going to stay up, therefore don't need to lump more on the wage bill with another forward. With Fuller and Haynes nearing fitness again I don't think it'll be a massive miss, although I did like Hulse.
  • Good signing for them. One of our better loan signings in recent years.
  • lolwray said:

hes a willing runner and a trier but he wont bag anyone 20 goals a season

But starting regularly, he will play a huge part in creating 20 goals a season for his team.