Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

now its Coventry's turn............

...........to avoid paying their debts.

The owners of the Ricoh Arena have had Coventry City's bank accounts frozen by the courts as they are owed over £1m in rent.

Coventry have not paid their £100,000 pm rent for over a year as they say its too high

I hope they go the same way as Pompey - I can't stand these clubs who wilfully decide that they are not going to pay their bills whilst still trying to gain an advantage by buying & paying players instead.

Comments

• Hope they rot proper hate them be good to see them fold
  • AND .. their manager has jumped from the burning deck .. Robins goes to Huddersfield
  • Bit drastic lads - wouldnt want any club to fold , then again, a certain club that plays in blue from South London wouldnt get my last fiver to keep their head above water!
  • cant help it mate i hate them with a passion
  • cant help it mate i hate them with a passion

Any particular reason ?
  • because their fans are like palace fans gob shite cowards try to pick off innocents and people with their birds and they give it so much plus its a shite hole of a city def the song " its a shtehole i wanna go home" was created for

the list could go on
  • because their fans are like palace fans gob shite cowards try to pick off innocents and people with their birds and they give it so much plus its a shite hole of a city def the song " its a shtehole i wanna go home" was created for

the list could go on

Ah, ok then. I hate them too then.
  • Should've stayed at Highfield Road
  • In their favour they could of gone into administration many times and not paid many people they owe money too,( unlike many clubs who continually go into admin and buy lots of players) but they have not done so.

the list could go on

You've never mentioned it
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2013
    I can't stand Palace but I would not them to fold so their is no way I want anyone to fold.

I know a couple of Coventry fans and they are completely frustrated with the people who owns them. They are basically a bunch of jokers.
  • I must remember to tell you all sometime

And john gault supports them and richard keyes more reasons for hate
  • Lots of hate on here. I actually think Coventry are a jolly nice team. :-)
  • One of the best teams ever Coventry.

If I wasn't a Charlton fan and I needed to pick a club it would be the Sky Blues.

And the Specials come from Cov as well although that ring road is a fecking nightmare to drive on or off.
  • Always thought you were odd 8)
  • One of the best away days, when the 99-00 team beat Premier League Cov 3-2, on the way to the title. One of the only times in recent years we have managed an FA Cup run.
  • Yeah it was a good day out showed them pricks for what they were that day
  • never forgiven them for beating us 3-0 in the FA Cup up there in Jan 68. Absolute rotters.
  • Steve Waggott is a director at Coventry as well. Can't help but feel he's a burk.
  • edited February 2013
    cfgs said:

One of the best away days, when the 99-00 team beat Premier League Cov 3-2, on the way to the title. One of the only times in recent years we have managed an FA Cup run.

One of my first away trips, fantastic day.

Well except for the brick thrown at our coach window. ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

One of the best away days, when the 99-00 team beat Premier League Cov 3-2, on the way to the title. One of the only times in recent years we have managed an FA Cup run.

Was that the coach from Canterbury if so I was on that coach the same coach that went via the local hospital
  • From that 99/00 cup win a couple of things stick in my mind first being the balloons, and the second was how did that Coventry fan get into our section (and why) and how many seats did the Charlton fan fly over to get to him?
  • From that 99/00 cup win a couple of things stick in my mind first being the balloons, and the second was how did that Coventry fan get into our section (and why) and how many seats did the Charlton fan fly over to get to him?

I've always wandered the same. Unfortunatly we were sat a few rows in front and one of the women on our bus got hurt and ended up in hospital. To this day I also wander why the stewards just stood there and watched whilst it was all going off

Remember that so well. Funny as hell. After the playoff final and possibly the 4-2 at Highbury it's my favourite Charlton away day - great game.
  • The scouser in the covered end just after we got home now that was funny of all the blocks to get a ticket block F didnt last long and took a corker of a right hook his eye just kept growing
  • They made me cry in May '87 as an 11 year old. B'stards. The sooner they go bankrupt the better.
  • I seriously believe that football wont sort out it's rotten finances until some reasonably big clubs go under. If it can't be Palace or Millwall, it might as well be Cov. Though I suspect that all three put together might not be big enough to prompt the necessary sea-change.
  • cfgs said:

Was that the coach from Canterbury if so I was on that coach the same coach that went via the local hospital
    Yes a complete contrast, great on the pitch and nightmare off the pitch with the fan hurt and the brick.

• And thats why they are scum

In the shadow of big midland clubs like wallsal
  • cfgs said:

We had a reasonable cup run in Curbs last season. We should have beaten Boro at home in the 1/4 (I think), but lost the replay. It was the Liverpool v W Ham final year and I was convinced it was going to be an East London derby final, shame.