Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The best 'freebies' you've had?

Food shopping yesterday and the till breaks down after my shopping had been scanned. Whilst they fixed the problem they gave me a complimentary coffee and my daughter chomped her way through some cheesy snacks.

So what freebies have you been given, were they offered willingly or did you kick up a fuss?

Comments

• On honeymoon got a free upgrade to Premium economy on virgin flight to Barbados.

• free weekend through not getting a nights sleep at premier inn
  • edited March 2013
    Went Pizza Hut buffet last week with a mate and therir card machine wouldnt work, so they just let us have it. Must have gone through about £40 worth of pizza.

A mate won a trip to WC in South Africa with Budweiser. Went to 3 games, hotel room had a never ending supply of Bud and went on a Safari trip with the USA team.
  • Won a free year's premium membership at my gym worth £87 a month a few weeks back. Days before I was due to cancel my £66 a month basic membership because I couldn't afford it. That was a touch.
  • On a work trip to Cape Town once, me and my colleagues were upgraded to first class for free.

When i was a kid, i won a competition in Roy of the Rovers magazine where the prize was a football kit of my choice and a years supply of washing powder. My mum was well chuffed!
  • I often get free games of golf due and trips to the races due to corporate hospitality , which means I have managed to play some decent golf courses like Wentworth, Walton Heath, Royal St Georges etc and racing at Ascot & Epsom.

However, probably my best freebie was in 2008 where my (then) employer paid for the top advisors to a 5 night stay (with partners) to the all-inclusive Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas (flights & all meals, trips & entertainment paid for of course)
  • edited March 2013
    #golfaddick is winning this so far.
  • However, probably my best freebie was in 2008 where my (then) employer paid for the top advisors to a 5 night stay (with partners) to the all-inclusive Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas (flights & all meals, trips & entertainment paid for of course)

Even you cant complain with that!!
  • Stayed at a very very nice hotel in hong kong as part of our honeymoon and got bumped up to a penthouse suite

Although my missus did work for the travel company that booked it at the time so might have had something to do with it
  • Got upgraded to first class on virgin from Jo'berg to london, whereas my friend didn't (hehe). I'm telling you, it's the only way to travel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Backstage passes to see Oasis at a festival here in Portugal, thanks to my mate Boz. Free tickets to the Sunday at every test match at the Oval for most of the nineties - thanks to my barber's mate, who was the safety officer there. Tickets to see James and on another occassion Madness, when friends couldn't make it. Freebies to numerous Rockabilly weekenders that my mate organised. Lots of others I can't recall off hand. Been really lucky over the years!
  • I got upgraded to business class on BA flights to from Germany a few times.
    Free news papers, better knives and forks and a curtain blocking my view of the rest of the aircraft.
  • A few years ago a rep that I dealt with was being pushed by boss to get more of his customers to enter a free competition. He entered a few of us without our knowing. I won second prize which was a set of golf clubs
  • Charlton season tickets with porta cabin passes back in the good years
  • My ex-missus was a PA in the city and used to get us decent freebies.

We went out to Italy to a resort her bosses had just bought, skiing for a week, everything paid for.

Had to cancel a holiday we had booked as she had allot of work on at the time, so they paid for us to go to Egypt for 3 weeks all inclusive a couple of months later, just a shame it had to be with her.

My company do some decent nights out as well all paid for. Once a month we all go over the road for a drink up and we have an annual away weekend which the partners get invited to which again is just a massive p*ss up. Was at Tylney Hall in Hampshire last time.
  • Whilst on a business trip to New York and Denver a few years ago we were treated to a weekend in Vegas, Bellagio accommodation and all food and drink covered for the weekend. Also got upgraded on the flights home that to London the following week. Excellent business trip that one
  • At Blackpool in 1972 was given a complimentary ticket for the game by manager Theo Foley. We lost 5 - 0 and got relegated!
  • Turned up to swimming pool last night but it was closing in 20 minutes. They let me in for free. That's £3.40p I can now spend on sweets.
  • I work for the NHS. I cut my finger once and had a problem getting a plaster. Seriously.
  • The O2 Moments App on the iPhone gives some good freebies that you can take advantage of. Last summer they had a good one for Millies Cookies which got you 4 free cookies of your choice. You have 3 hours to use your voucher once activated. So the idea is to find as many different Millie's Cookies as possible to claim as many cookies as possible! The Glades in Bromley was perfect for this, one at the top one at the bottom. And with the person behind the counter changing shifts, me and the ex made 2 trips to each bagging a grand total of 32 free cookies between us. Lovely stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Man City away the last season when we were in the prem,I had corporate hospitality for myself and five guests in the Boardroom with unlimited food and drink courtesy of Thomas Cook.
  • JTJT
    edited March 2013
    Plaaayer said:

My ex-missus was a PA in the city and used to get us decent freebies.

We went out to Italy to a resort her bosses had just bought, skiing for a week, everything paid for.

Had to cancel a holiday we had booked as she had allot of work on at the time, so they paid for us to go to Egypt for 3 weeks all inclusive a couple of months later, just a shame it had to be with her.

• Go-Karting at Buckmore Park is about the only one I can think of, I'm obviously working in the wrong place!
  • VIP at Children In Need a few years ago... Mixing with all the celebs and free booze and food all night. Touch!
  • Free ticket from Steve Thompson for Man U V Charlton 1986 and a Mark Stuart winner.
  • I missed out on some free 1/2 price ten pin bowling vouchers by some dodgy looking fella all dressed in brown
  • When the Miller and Carter opened at Hall Place, they had what is best described as teething problems. I complained unconditionally about my whole experience ranging from getting smoked out, seating arrangements, the manager and quality of the food. From that they gave me a £250 voucher to spend on a meal for up to 8 people and the missus and I were the guests of the regional director and his family at another M & C restuarant in Essex. It pays to complain sometimes...
  • My Jumbo back from Jo'burg was delayed so we were given an excellent Dinner in a very nice Hotel as a group, and they then brought the entertainment to us from the Nightclub. Well worth the delay.
  • 7 nuggets in a box of 6. Think the guy liked me
  • Not had many good ones. The most memorable was a hostel owner in Colombia offering free samples of the local produce. Needless to say, I was mortified.