Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2013/14 free match tickets offer?

At half time I heard something announced along the lines of every ST holder in 2013/14 will get two free match tickets to use during the season??

Was I imagining it??

Comments

• No I heard that. Someone from in the club must be on Charlton life.
  • Yep, that's right. Two tickets, but not sure if it's for any game, e.g. Millwall.
  • Yep says in programme " every 2013/14 season ticket booklet will contain two vouchers that can be exchanged for free admission ....the offer will apply to all but the six high profile 'gold' games in 2013/14 as part of a new matchday pricing structure"
  • Great news. Either I'll be able to get in twice for 2 games or I'll use up 2 seats & put a picnic on the spare one :-)
  • So no incentive for the season ticket holder at all then. The majority of my friends and family are season ticket holders anyway, so they might as well stay in the book.
  • Does it include cup games, sorry cup defeats?
  • shirty5 said:

So no incentive for the season ticket holder at all then. The majority of my friends and family are season ticket holders anyway, so they might as well stay in the book.

I suppose you can sell them - so effectively a discount!

• edited March 2013
    Why would you change the offer nine days from the deadline? Not because you're pleased with the take-up to date, I suggest.

In reality, though, so many people buy on deadline - and one result can make a big difference to fans' perceptions - that it's too early for numbers to be meaningful.
  • Why would you change the offer nine days from the deadline? Not because you're pleased with the take-up to date, I suggest.

In reality, though, so many people buy on deadline - and one result can make a big difference to fans' perceptions - that it's too early for numbers to be meaningful.

Maybe because the new bloke thought the old blokes original idea was shit?
  • edited March 2013

Great news. Either I'll be able to get in twice for 2 games or I'll use up 2 seats & put a picnic on the spare one :-)

Picnic blanket CE, picnic blanket :-D
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    Airman, the club is better with you working in it than out of it but even you would have had a job inspiring people to buy given our home form this season. If the scheme alongside the result persuades a few extras, it is a decent enough idea.

When we get a new board, we need you back though.
  • Olive branch for causing the die hards grief after the Millwall game :-0
  • Something we've been advocating for some time, well done the club for taking this up. Rather than free cup tickets which are hard to implement. Hopefully the start of more initiatives and listening to fans again, and rebuilding of the relationship. Time will tell.
  • edited March 2013

Airman, the club is better with you working in it than out of it but even you would have had a job inspiring people to buy given our home form this season. If the scheme alongside the result persuades a few extras, it is a decent enough idea.

When we get a new board, we need you back though.

I don't really have a view about the idea. It's better than the "exclusive training session" which I thought was risible. But you're absolutely right, the issue is the product. My point is the timing.

No idea what Off it is talking about, by the way. Has "the bloke" changed since the season ticket forms went out?
  • Why would you change the offer nine days from the deadline? Not because you're pleased with the take-up to date, I suggest.

So is it a good idea or not - and was it your idea or not ?
  • Yadda yadda.

Just find all the sniping from the outside all quite laughable. Have your day in court, take the club for some dough if that's what you want. We all know it will never be as good as when you were there crusading ........ Zzzzzzzzz.
  • shirty5 said:

So no incentive for the season ticket holder at all then. The majority of my friends and family are season ticket holders anyway, so they might as well stay in the book.

This. Even if you take a friend it is hardly a reward for the season ticket holder is it.

• PL54 said:

Why would you change the offer nine days from the deadline? Not because you're pleased with the take-up to date, I suggest.

To be fair, Airman was commenting on the take up rather than the idea. looking back through recent history, we have seen lots of brilliant ideas coming from Airman and it would be good to know from his perspective whether he thinks it is a good one. Maybe the result and performance today will have a greater effect in persuading a few who are in two minds.
  • edited March 2013
    PL54 said:

Not my idea, but a variation on cheap tickets for ST holders which was my idea.

Personally, I think it's irrelevant. An adult season ticket is a big financial commitment for most people. They'll make their decision on whether they can afford it and if they want to buy what's on offer. The club has a number of problems this year because of poor home performances/results and the lack of a credible - or in fact any - narrative about its future. Not much the staff can do about that, whoever they are.

• Off_it said:

Yadda yadda.

Just find all the sniping from the outside all quite laughable. Have your day in court, take the club for some dough if that's what you want. We all know it will never be as good as when you were there crusading ........ Zzzzzzzzz.

If it's so boring why do you always pop up the minute Airman posts?
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Not my idea, but a variation on cheap tickets for ST holders which was my idea.

Personally, I think it's irrelevant. An adult season ticket is a big financial commitment for most people. They'll make their decision on whether they can afford it and if they want to buy what's on offer. The club has a number of problems this year because of poor home performances/results and the lack of a credible - or in fact any - narrative about its future. Not much the staff can do about that, whoever they are.

A career in politics beckons.
  • I see it as a kind of reduction in overall cost. In truth, putting the prices up so much this year (recession, job losses, inflation, massive increases in energy bills with a cold winter) when the results have been so, so, terrible probably looks to have backfired on them.

They can't cut the price after so many have already paid so giving away tickets which will, in mose cases, not be used (in my view) is a free gesture.

I can't even get people to use my Dad's ticket for free if I pick them up and drop them home and buy them a burger and a pint these days, and I'm including the six 'gold' games.

I will renew but I can imagine that a lot won't, and they may well end up being lost as fans for years and years.
  • edited March 2013
    I'd like to see a full blown marketing initiative to fill the valley every week and this kind of thing would form part of that. As you point out this effectively reduces the average price per game of a season ticket, and could be added to to reward committed ST holders.

If one were critical one could rightly ask why not announce this when pricing was first released. Perhaps an amount of having to reinvent the wheel after the core team left the club. I'd like to look at it as a move in the right direction though.
  • I don't want to sound too pessimistic or negative but I fear that the performances and, particularly, the results have been so poor this season that it would always be difficult to fill The Valley, irrespective to price.

The Airman can, obviously, correct me but I get the impression that had he still been at the club the pricing for next season would have been close to what it is now. His predictions were pretty close, and there is no doubt that we can not compete all thenwhile we aren significantly cheaper that the other clubs in the division.

Sadly, at the end of the day, as much as we love "Our Charlton" and all the things the club stands for away from football we all want to see wins, and if we lose too many at home selling tickets is always going to be difficult.
  • In all honesty, whilst nobody likes a price rise, our prices stack up favourably against those of many other clubs. I don't begrudge a price rise from a company making a loss when I am faced with them on a day to day basis from companies with no competition, making big profits.
  • In all honesty, whilst nobody likes a price rise, our prices stack up favourably against those of many other clubs. I don't begrudge a price rise from a company making a loss when I am faced with them on a day to day basis from companies with no competition, making big profits.

Couldn't agree more with you Muttley
  • Exactly muttley and the offer of free tickets is a nice cherry on top

Don't let that get in the way of the usual agendas and people arse kissing those people with agendas

These court cases can't come quick enough and it staggers me how many people genuinely want the football club to lose the case without knowing any of the facts
  • edited March 2013
    Should I use one of the free tickets will I be able to sit in my normal seat as a season ticket holder? Stuwall says he is unsure.
  • Some people on here make me laugh.

The club give you something for nothing (or at no extra cost) and it's still not good enough.

• Notice they don't apply to cup games, perhaps not able to square that particular circle, i guess peeps wd just use their vouchers for cup games