Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CP to Wolves?

According to the SLP - CP is on Wolves' radar....

Hmmmm. About as much chance of him going there as Ferguson taking over at Man City.

Comments

• Hopefully. Would get him off of our hands.
  • edited May 2013
    Why wouldn't he want to go there? A club recently in the Prem, a decent stadium and a chance at building a fresh squad.

:-)
  • LOL why???
  • Well that's one rumour we don't have to worry about.
  • This must be a wind up
  • SLP are endearing themselves to the board once again
  • edited May 2013
    A reporter from the midlands is chucking a few names out there in the hope he might look like he knows what he's talking about.

The list according to him (Tim Nash) - Powell, Jackett, McLaren and Coyle.
  • Lol they have no chance with any of those.
  • Well that's one rumour we don't have to worry about.

no way in hell he'd go there
  • Can imagine that part Morgan loving McLaren. If Powell goes to Molineux on anything other than a scouting trip, for a cup tie or to do some punditry I will learn how to unicycle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey - Silly season has started early!
  • edited May 2013
    More realistic list: Michael Appleton, Karl Robinson, Alex Rae, Danny Wilson and Aidy Boothroyd.
  • I hope he does go there - there are a couple of players who I wouldn't him bringing back with him back to SE7.

As for managing them - you'd have to be on crack to think he'd go there.
  • edited May 2013

A reporter from the midlands is chucking a few names out there in the hope he might look like he knows what he's talking about.

The list according to him (Tim Nash) - Powell, Jackett, McLaren and Coyle.

Hopefully it backfires and he gets fired which is nothing less than he deserves.
  • Sounds from interviews that he is committed to us, although if he felt he was being prevented from pushing on, anything could be possible I suppose.
  • edited May 2013
    I have felt worried about SCP leaving practically every month since he was appointed. I have not felt this confident of him staying ever.
  • If CP is committed to us (and he does seem to be) then he will understand that at Charlton we can't spend what we ain't got. I could imagine him leaving for a PL club some day to test himself with a big budget and big ego players, but he wouldn't go to L1 because his CV already shows he has done that and got the T-shirt.
  • I have felt worried about SCP leaving practically every month since he was appointed. I have not felt this confident of him staying ever.

The way we finished the season, I would be very surprised to see him move on, except for a PL job, as most of the clubs in our division just aren't a big enough leak upwards to break the emotional bond he clearly has with us. Unlike say Poyet, who seems to see Brighton as a stepping stone, and has more or less said so explicitly.
  • Nonsense.
  • If CP is committed to us (and he does seem to be) then he will understand that at Charlton we can't spend what we ain't got. I could imagine him leaving for a PL club some day to test himself with a big budget and big ego players, but he wouldn't go to L1 because his CV already shows he has done that and got the T-shirt.

The thing that thanks to the FFP rules every club in the Championship is going to be under these financial constraints next season. Even the Premiership relegated clubs are going to have to make some tough decisions on which players they keep. So the effect will be that nothing much changes - except that the best organised and managed teams will be at an advantage as no club will be able to do what Cardiff did and spend nearly £100m in getting out of the division. If I were a Leicester fan for example I'd be dreading this close season - their debt is not that much less and their manager might get the boot and I can see quite a few of their better paid players following him out the door. I wonder what their squad will look like in August?

Next season we look like having predominantly the same squad minus a few players who were peripheral or like Haynes, injury prone. An astute purchase or two to add to what we have and we could be ahead of the curve.

• Sponsored links:

• What's this Dizzie's problem with Powell? Is he for real?

The thing that thanks to the FFP rules every club in the Championship is going to be under these financial constraints next season. Even the Premiership relegated clubs are going to have to make some tough decisions on which players they keep. So the effect will be that nothing much changes - except that the best organised and managed teams will be at an advantage as no club will be able to do what Cardiff did and spend nearly £100m in getting out of the division. If I were a Leicester fan for example I'd be dreading this close season - their debt is not that much less and their manager might get the boot and I can see quite a few of their better paid players following him out the door. I wonder what their squad will look like in August?

Next season we look like having predominantly the same squad minus a few players who were peripheral or like Haynes, injury prone. An astute purchase or two to add to what we have and we could be ahead of the curve.

It feels like that is the plan. You need to clear out before you bring in. Chrissy has a better idea of what is needed, who can cut it, who can't and who we can rely on. He is paid to make hard decisons, of course the easy one is to keep all the current players and bring a few in but things are not that simple in the real world.
  • I think its great that CP is linked with other positions. Would we expect anything different for a manager that has been successful than for others to seek his talents. Is validation of our view of him. What would concern many is if CP were tro jump ship, but that is unlikely to happen if Airmans comments about CP's love for the club is to be believed.

No. He's saying deliberately prevocative things. AKA a WUM. Ignore.

He's not a proper WUM. He's a disgrace to our profession.
  • RZARZA
    edited May 2013
    CP is ours.
  • Never gonna happen.
  • Alot more worried about Brighton & Leicester to be fair.
  • Riviera said:

What's this Dizzie's problem with Powell? Is he for real?

He's not a proper WUM. He's a disgrace to our profession.
    How can you just dismiss my opinions. I don't rate the bloke. Done nothing for this club.